Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I am curious about one thing that I see many people do and you have too. Why DL someone when they are hurt in Sept? You can have the whole 40 man active so unless you 60 day someone because your 40 man was full and you really wanted to get another guy up there is no reason to, unless I'm missing something.

FWIW I never move a guy to the DL in Sept. as it is unnecessary and, whether pre v12 with no playoff roster or now in v12, will help avoid any issues that may come up. IE put guy on DL assuming he'll be off in time for playoffs only to find he's had a setback that keeps him out of games one and two and stuck on DL (can't activate him because he is injured). If he's left active, with injury, you can leave him on the roster hoping he is back in game three. Of course you run the risk of setback and playing one short for the series but that is the chance you take.
If you're playing out your games, then fine, but if you sim or are in an online league, the problem is the AI will still use the guy if he's on your active roster, injured or not. Using an injured player can lead to some serious setbacks. That's why I put guys on the DL in Sep, or any other month of the year.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #22
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you're playing out your games, then fine, but if you sim or are in an online league, the problem is the AI will still use the guy if he's on your active roster, injured or not.
I play all my games so for me it's new, but are you sure? if a player isn't available the AI will use the other one you have set on your line up no
Attached Images

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
I play all my games so for me it's new, but are you sure? if a player isn't available the AI will use the other one you have set on your line up no
For starting lineups it will use the depth chart, that's fine. It's when you get later in a game and the AI starts putting pinch hitters/runners/defensive subs in that the injured guys wind up getting used.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you're playing out your games, then fine, but if you sim or are in an online league, the problem is the AI will still use the guy if he's on your active roster, injured or not. Using an injured player can lead to some serious setbacks. That's why I put guys on the DL in Sep, or any other month of the year.
Being a solo only player I hadn't considered that, thanks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #25
ajgodson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, I ran into playoff roster troubles this week, too, but more my own managerial ones than anything else.

I'm playing ML roster as the Cubs, it's now 2012 and I was sitting with a record of 50-60, when I traded a few guys away and lit my team to a 40-12 finish and division title.

In September, my SS, 2B and Utility IF were all injured out for the season, but I didn't put them on the DL. My replacements were good, but can't play in the postseason.

So now, I'm facing the prospect of going into the playoffs with no SS or 2B on the roster. That, friends, is how you go 100 years without a championship.
ajgodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #26
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You don't have to do anything with him. Leave him on the 15 day that he is currently on, and then add him back to the roster after the playoffs. Like I mentioned before, the game will not allow roster moves at all during the playoffs. Once they start, the team you got is the team you got. It was like that in 11 as well.
If this is still in OOTP12 it must be fixed.
Surely one can make changes between playoff series in Real Life and it should be easy to have this in OOTP.
In older version one could change all over the place. Is it High or Low when in between should be great.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Surely one can make changes between playoff series in Real Life...
In-between series you can pick your 25 players to use in the next series out of the however many players are eligible. You can also make injury substitutions.

The easiest way to think of it is that the number of players on the 25-man active roster and DL on August 31st form your playoff eligible players. So if you had 4 players on the DL then, you'd have a total of 29 players on your playoffs eligible list when the post-season begins. You'd then pick which 25 of those 29 players you want to make active for the upcoming playoff series; the other 4 players would be inactive. When the playoff series is over you again pick which 25 of the 29 players eligible you want to use in the next playoff series. Thus clubs can tailor to some extent their roster of players they want to use against a given post-season opponent.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
In-between series you can pick your 25 players to use in the next series out of the however many players are eligible. You can also make injury substitutions.

The easiest way to think of it is that the number of players on the 25-man active roster and DL on August 31st form your playoff eligible players. So if you had 4 players on the DL then, you'd have a total of 29 players on your playoffs eligible list when the post-season begins. You'd then pick which 25 of those 29 players you want to make active for the upcoming playoff series; the other 4 players would be inactive. When the playoff series is over you again pick which 25 of the 29 players eligible you want to use in the next playoff series. Thus clubs can tailor to some extent their roster of players they want to use against a given post-season opponent.
Uh yeah, okay. However, if you didn't have anyone on the DL as of August 31st and thus only had 25 players split between your active roster and DL, you could still replace players who got injured after that date on your playoff roster. It happens all the time. Teams will often make up injuries for the players who they don't want to use on their playoff rosters in order to make room for previously ineligible players.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #29
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I don't own the game, so I can't check, but with playoff rosters on, is there really no way to replace players on the playoff roster who were injured in September? If not, that really needs to be logged.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
bullmanuga
Minors (Single A)

I lost two players during the World Series. Having a three man bench was awesome. Still managed to win the Series in 6 though.
bullmanuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #31
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Uh yeah, okay. However, if you didn't have anyone on the DL as of August 31st and thus only had 25 players split between your active roster and DL, you could still replace players who got injured after that date on your playoff roster. It happens all the time. Teams will often make up injuries for the players who they don't want to use on their playoff rosters in order to make room for previously ineligible players.
But is this working in OOTP12 to bring in a player from the minors. After all 25 players on the roster Aug 31st and NO on the DL could be a problem if OOTP don´t have this extra to bring in another player.
Surely in RL a team with this problem could bring someone up from Minors, OR ??
Old 07-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #32
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
But is this working in OOTP12 to bring in a player from the minors. After all 25 players on the roster Aug 31st and NO on the DL could be a problem if OOTP don´t have this extra to bring in another player.
Surely in RL a team with this problem could bring someone up from Minors, OR ??
Per MLB rules, the players eligible for the playoffs consist of, at midnight on August 31:
1) Players on the 25 man roster
2) Players on the DL
3) Players on the bereavement list
4) Players on the suspended list

You can replace an injured player not on the eligible roster if:
1) The replacement player plays the same position group, and
2) The replacement player was in the organization on Aug 31, and
3) The replacement player finished the season in the organization, and
4) The team gets approval from the commish.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #33
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

K-Rod replaced Aaron Sele in 2002 for the Angels. He wasn't on the Angels 25 man roster on August 31, but he was in the organization and he finished the season with the team, and they had approval from Selig.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #34
jar2574
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I don't think any of this replacement stuff is working. I've had guys get hurt and I can't pull people up from anywhere in the organization except the 25-man roster.

Last edited by jar2574; 07-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #35
kylemmie
Minors (Single A)

yeah - I would consistently enter the Playoffs short a player if I hadn't found the work-around.

To mimic the MLB rules of allowing a same-position replacement, just open the replacement player's page and click on the 'Editor' tab (top menu bar) and find the check box next to "Eligible for Playoff Roster".

Last edited by kylemmie; 07-22-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo
kylemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #36
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
The pitcher for pitcher and non-pitcher for non-pitcher replacement requirement for injury replacements between playoff series was done away with in 2007. At that same time MLB added the ability to replace players injured during a playoff series. That replacement does carry a pitcher for pitcher and non-pitcher for non-pitcher replacement requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar2574 View Post
I don't think any of this replacement stuff is working. I've had guys get hurt and I can't pull people up from anywhere in the organization except the 25-man roster.
As I recall, you cannot in OOTP use anyone in the organization for injury replacement. It has to be a player on the 40-man roster.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 07-22-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #37
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The pitcher for pitcher and non-pitcher for non-pitcher replacement requirement for injury replacements between playoff series was done away with in 2007. At that same time MLB added the ability to replace players injured during a playoff series. That replacement does carry a pitcher for pitcher and non-pitcher for non-pitcher replacement requirement.

A.
Right, right ... the rules I posted were just for changes during the middle of a series.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #38
trreinhard
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Doesn't MLB have a postseason injury rule where if a player is injured mid-series that he can be replaced on the roster but must sit out the remainder of the series he was replaced in and then have to also sit out the next round?
trreinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #39
jar2574
Major Leagues

Quote:
As I recall, you cannot in OOTP use anyone in the organization for injury replacement. It has to be a player on the 40-man roster.
LGO - on the Playoff Roster screen it has a list of "playoff eligible" players, and those don't come from your 40-man roster, the list is from your 25-man roster on Aug 31, as far as I can tell. Problem is, if you had a guy get hurt after that and want to replace him with someone, there is no button that allows you to designate a someone that wasn't on your 25-man roster.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #40
clamel
All Star Starter

So to summarize it OOTP doesn´t work OK if you´re stuck with a man short.
That is after the eligeble stuff active+DL+suspended and such.

The last resort of getting someone from whatever (40-man list or not)

Is this then correct OOTP needs to work out the problem in a new patch, OR

After all in Real Life NO team do get into the playoff with lets say 23 players ready to play.
Am I missing something or is this true.