Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Cool Official Tournaments launch tomorrow, November 18!

Okay guys, thank you all so much for your help during the public beta of tournaments. We think we have fixed all reported issues and we also tweaked many things, so we are ready to officially launch PT Tournaments tomorrow, Monday November 18!

For this, we will release another OOTP 20 patch, version number 20.8.72 tomorrow morning. This willl be a required update for PT users, just like last Monday, so you will need to update the game to be able to log into PT after we have updated the servers.

A few things worth mentioning:

1) The sim interval for all tournaments will be 10 minutes starting tomorrow. However, the time between the scheduled start time and the first simulation still depends on the size of the tournament because the files need to be created by the servers:
8 teams - 10 minutes
16 teams - 15 minutes
32 teams - 15 minutes
64 teams - 30 minutes
128 teams - 60 minutes

The time the server needs to actually create the files (the tournament status shows "Preparing"), so that you can download them and review your rosters, is:
8 teams - ~2 minutes
16 teams - ~3 minutes
32 teams - ~6 minutes
64 teams - ~10 minutes
128 teams - ~21 minutes

2) All beta tournaments will be deleted, so if you signed up for a weekls / monthly, you'll need to do it again once we make the new tournaments list available Monday.

3) The server will differentiate between DH and non-DH tournaments when it comes to automatically importing the default team submit for a new tournament (when you set up the rosters before the tournament has started).

4) On top of constantly refining the offered standard tournaments, we will schedule awesome special tournaments from time to time. The first one will happen this week, in connection with an awesome content release we'll have on Monday. Make sure to tune into our Twitch channel tomorrow evening and watch Kris' show, it'll rock!

5) Defensive training of individual cards does not carry over from regular PT to tournaments. We asked the community and you decided

Alright! Any questions?

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-18-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
UDRays
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for this, really looking forward to it!

Where did we end up with using trained players from regular perfect team in the official tournaments? Is that supported or is it just original positions. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRays View Post
Thanks for this, really looking forward to it!

Where did we end up with using trained players from regular perfect team in the official tournaments? Is that supported or is it just original positions. Thanks!
Just original positions. Training does not carry over from regular PT to tournaments.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Thanks a lot, guys. Tourneys are very, very cool.

If I could just break the Semi-Final Curse.

Does anyone have a live chicken?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Will cards like Ted Simmons be offered more than one time?
Old 11-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Are there any plans to change eligibility?

Because you seem to have an issue with not enough participation in the open & diamond levels that are the natural environs of whales.

Because of this whales gravitate to whatever is starting quickly. That inevitably leads to them grazing at the only levels F2P and newer players can win at.

I was really - perhaps naively - thinking this was a way to give those not willing to open their wallet wide another way to win, but it's not looking that way in practice.

Last edited by Morgans Magic; 11-17-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #7
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

In terms of open tournaments, there's just not enough of the 1750s f.e.; if I want to build a 1500 roster, I can go into the irons right away...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #8
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Will cards like Ted Simmons be offered more than one time?
Yes, reward cards are selected at random from a preset overall range, so if Simmons is in that pool, it will be possible he can get selected more than once

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 11-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #9
Thomefan251
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post

Because you seem to have an issue with not enough participation in the open & diamond levels that are the natural environs of whales.

Because of this whales gravitate to whatever is starting quickly. That inevitably leads to them grazing at the only levels F2P and newer players can win at.

I was really - perhaps naively - thinking this was a way to give those not willing to open their wallet wide another way to win, but it's not looking that way in practice.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

I am a little disappointed about the training not being utilized. Especially disappointed that I did not have a chance to vote since I play the game and work full time and the statement is that I had a say but didn’t. Not sure if all users really had a say or if robot votes counted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post

F2P can definitely build the same rosters "whales" can in the lower tournaments though. Bronze, silvers, and for that matter, gold is pretty easy to put together. Gold may be out of reach for f2p people who started recently, but the silver and bronze should definitely be within reach. Just build a good team, get a bit of luck in the tournament and beat the "whales!"

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Old 11-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #12
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Nobody ever addressed my bug where I wasn't awarded the 1st place prize, posted 3 times about it and sent an email...disappointing.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #13
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Nobody ever addressed my bug where I wasn't awarded the 1st place prize, posted 3 times about it and sent an email...disappointing.
If you're missing points being awarded, you have to file a ticket.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #14
LandiHero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You said regular PT training won't transfer into tournaments, but can we train players in tournaments? Or will players playing out of their regular position never get experience?
Old 11-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #15
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Just wanted to say great job to the OOTP team for all that they have done to make tournaments run smoothly.

Last edited by sharpk23; 11-17-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: error
Old 11-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #16
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to have another very unproductive day of "work" Monday
Old 11-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #17
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I am a little disappointed about the training not being utilized. Especially disappointed that I did not have a chance to vote since I play the game and work full time and the statement is that I had a say but didn’t. Not sure if all users really had a say or if robot votes counted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had a poll which was open for well over 48 hours, posted to all of our social media outlets. We feel that was more than enough time and notice for everyone to have an opportunity to vote

Old 11-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #18
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandiHero View Post
You said regular PT training won't transfer into tournaments, but can we train players in tournaments? Or will players playing out of their regular position never get experience?
There is no training in tournaments. You may see a small increase during a tournament, but that training will be erased when the tournament is completed

Old 11-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #19
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
We had a poll which was open for well over 48 hours, posted to all of our social media outlets. We feel that was more than enough time and notice for everyone to have an opportunity to vote
I open the game, no comment on post. I subscribe to e-mail notifications, no notification on the post. I am on Discord and tapatalk, nothing! Now you are telling me I voted on something when I did not have a chance to voice on? I can't even get a straight answer on the affects of playing a SS out of position at 2b? A SS that was trained at 100 at 2b, but I am not sure he can play 2b in a tournament? Here the poll results, we did not fully try to ask everyone even though we think we did and don't ask questions because we will not answer you!!!!

Old 11-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #20
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

**** dude it isnt that complicated. Play your ss at 2b and see what happens, no one is here to hold your hand. Its the same as playing a ss with no 2b training at 2b in any other part of the game.
Closed Thread