Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #281
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Dog View Post
So this week you will compete in the F1600 Championship with your Formula One. Seems not fun at all!

Perfect points needs restrictions for every level. In 3 weeks, you will access Perfect Level easily with a Yankee team. What will you accomplish after this easy road to success?
You may as well quit whining now because it's never going to happen. They are not going to restrict spending money in any way.

It's still fun even when you don't win. In fact, it's the whales that I feel sorry for because they aren't going to have fun for long at all.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #282
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So this week you will compete in the F1600 Championship with your Formula One. Seems not fun at all!

Perfect points needs restrictions for every level. In 3 weeks, you will access Perfect Level easily with a Yankee team. What will you accomplish after this easy road to success?

Winning multiple championships at the Perfect level. Having a trophy case that is full. Showing off to your friends. Coming here and talking smack. There are a lot of reasons for people to keep playing with a team of all perfects. I wouldn't want to do it and I wouldn't want to spend the money it would take. But I am not jealous of those that do and I don't want to infringe on their fun. If you don't think it would be fun, then there is an easy solution for you. Don't do it.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #283
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Winning multiple championships at the Perfect level. Having a trophy case that is full. Showing off to your friends. Coming here and talking smack. There are a lot of reasons for people to keep playing with a team of all perfects. I wouldn't want to do it and I wouldn't want to spend the money it would take. But I am not jealous of those that do and I don't want to infringe on their fun. If you don't think it would be fun, then there is an easy solution for you. Don't do it.
I've spent money to upgrade my team with players I like. But an heathly system can't let whales crush normal teams in entry levels...

We will see in a couple weeks the effects of the promotion/relegation system... Maybe Perfect Team will only needs more levels to be fun for everyone weeks after weeks...
Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #284
Asov
Minors (Single A)

If OOTP 20 has a paid second Universe, with proggresive limits on rosters that allow small/free teams to compite in all leagues eventually (even Perfect), I would insta-pay that entry fee.

Would that hurt anyone?
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #285
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've spent money to upgrade my team with players I like. But an heathly system can't let whales crush normal teams in entry levels...

We will see in a couple weeks the effects of the promotion/relegation system... Maybe Perfect Team will only needs more levels to be fun for everyone weeks after weeks...
Just think of all the players complaining about you spending money. Well that's what you're doing to people spending more money than you.

If you started a week later, you would have missed most of the whales.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #286
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Would you pay for an option to play in Perfect Level right now?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #287
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion: A suggestion sub-forum with each suggestion getting its own thread for discussion.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #288
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you pay for an option to play in Perfect Level right now?
No. I will be there soon enough. This game is about the journey to me, not the destination.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #289
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Not sure where to put this, but are there patch notes for each new release?
Old 12-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #290
LashtonBryth
Bat Boy

I would be very interested in a league, paid if need be, that runs concurrently with the current version, where teams can't spend money to get points.
LashtonBryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #291
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion: When I go to bid on a player, I put the amount in and press bid. BUT, then I have to move my mouse over to the middle of my screen and click YES I REALLY AM SURE I WANT TO BID. Can we get rid of that please. If I make a mistake, so be it. I mean I did make a mistake once, when I had 5000 accumulated points and I accidentally clicked get 5 packs. No warning for that, I just got 5 stinking packs automatically.
IF YOU MUST HAVE A WARNING, at least put it in a spot where I don't have to move my mouse so far. Seconds count at the last second!

I really love the game though. I think you can get rid of the request for donations to help OOTP Developments out, I saw stickied elsewhere in the forum. I made plenty of donations this week.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #292
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Special Ability Cards

I know this has zero chance of making it into PT, however it makes me happy to bring it up.

I have a Carl Mays card. He is a nothing special 60 starter.

HOWEVER he should have the ability to come in and literally kill one batter on the other team (Ray Chapman in real life). He gets to do this once and once per card only. The owner can designate the opposing player.

Thus those of you who hate whales (is that the phrase?) can spend oodles on Carl Mays so you can take out a Perfect Whomever.

Similarly, Jack Hamilton can end a career with a pitch (Tony Conigliaro) or Gil McDougald can line one back and end a pitcher's career.

Or, as I suggested weeks ago, Al Gionfriddo should be able to make one game saving catch off a star player.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #293
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I think we can do without murder in the game.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #294
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think we can do without murder in the game.

How about a drug abuser card that corrupts other players on your team? Or a steroid card that improves other players on your team?
Old 12-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #295
bailey
Hall Of Famer

How about paying bribes to fix the World Series..... oh, wait that would help the whales.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #296
sharknut
All Star Reserve

For scheduling, there are rarely off-days during the morning hours right after you start the sim again. For those who are at work an unable to follow, would it be possible to move off-days in the schedule earlier in the month so that we don't miss as many games while at work and compress the schedule later in the day?
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #297
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
For scheduling, there are rarely off-days during the morning hours right after you start the sim again. For those who are at work an unable to follow, would it be possible to move off-days in the schedule earlier in the month so that we don't miss as many games while at work and compress the schedule later in the day?
I just checked my schedule, and maybe I just pulled a lucky one, but it seems like they are already doing this.

Of my 21 off days:

10 are between the 1st and the 10th
7 are between the 11th and the 20th (this includes the All Star Break on July 16,17,18, and 19)
4 are between the 21st and 30th
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #298
sharknut
All Star Reserve

For me:

week 1-2 off days
week 2-1 off day
week 3-6 off days
week 4-6 off days
week 5-6 off days

was similar in year 1

If it's random, it should balance out then. Thx.

Last edited by sharknut; 12-12-2018 at 05:05 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #299
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I have a feeling that if the OOTP dev team collected everyone's schedules, they still wouldn't be able to accommodate everyone.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #300
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Is there really enough going on in the game that people follow it for hours without interruption? Don't get me wrong, I am hooked, but I am not in the game for hours and hours. I check several times a day, make adjustments if feasible, cull sucking players etc. … but I don't hang around anxiously waiting for the sim timer to run out...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote