Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #61
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
O.K. last night in starting a game I decide to view the opposing pitcher's personal page and his pitching log of recent games. Before the game was played his log stated the game was a loss but gave no score. I played out the game and it was a loss. So I'll retract my first statement on the matter ... it seems the specific score is not determined but the final result of the game is. This would go in lines with my idea that the game fills in the game data back rather than forward from the aggravate final result.

Toast
I just started a game and checked this out before any pitches were thrown..

So after checking the opposing pitcher's game log did you check your pitcher's game log too before starting?

Guess what it will list it a loss too. So did both teams lose the game?

Just for giggles I also checked out my leadoff hitter's game log and it listed it as a loss too. The opposing team's leadoff hitter's game log? yeah it shows it as a loss too Every player's game log? Yeah both home and visiting shows as a loss

So either both teams always lose and my team always ends up 0-162 and the AI team can only win games against other AI teams, or the opposing team always loses and I go 162-0. Which is it?

Suppose just maybe the computer has to put something in that field and it just defaults to loss?

See the problem with jumping to conclusions without even putting in the most minimal effort to confirm your "chicken little" theories before posting them Wow!

Who knows maybe this thread will teach you and the other conspiracy theory players something? Unfortunately I doubt it will
Old 04-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #62
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it means anything, like I said, I'm sure it's put there to just have something there to fill that spot.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #63
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Ok doing it that way, it does say that in my game vs the Dodgers that Kershaw is going to get a loss but so is Morrow my pitcher. I would imagine that it does this because this field has to be completed with something but both pitchers can't lose
Hey c'mon our yeast like friend is on to something here. Pointing out that both starting pitchers get a loss just complicates the matter at hand. That OOTP predetermines one team will lose a game before it ever gets played is a huge issue. I myself am glad that there are folks out there that purchase OOTP with more on their minds that fun and games. What will you point out next Mr Commish, if I can call you that to save letters....I bet you might tell us something like each and every batter in the game also shows that he's getting a loss. But, that doesn't lessen anything Toast points out.

Watts
Old 04-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #64
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Oh I see it was Sweed that beat you to it.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #65
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

You know what really gets me? Why does the game play with our emotions by providing fake preseason predictions, when it clear now that the entire season is played out ahead of time, the results stored and presented to us in the form of boxscores and stats.

Oh and last night I swear I opened my game and it said OOTP 17 for 10 seconds before changing back to 16. So, I ask, has Markus already release OOTP 17 and just isn't telling us?

Tuna
Old 04-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #66
Toast
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
You know what really gets me? Why does the game play with our emotions by providing fake preseason predictions, when it clear now that the entire season is played out ahead of time, the results stored and presented to us in the form of boxscores and stats.

Oh and last night I swear I opened my game and it said OOTP 17 for 10 seconds before changing back to 16. So, I ask, has Markus already release OOTP 17 and just isn't telling us?

Tuna
No I think the pre-season predictions are valid since no games have been played to that point.

I keep on thinking now in terms of statistics ... a nominal statistic ... a win or loss distinction in name only that could be pre-determined and a comparative statistic being the difference between the two in said performance. The latter would represent the for mentioned process of filling in the data from a set point. Just a guess through.

Toast
Old 04-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #67
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No I think the pre-season predictions are valid since no games have been played to that point.

I keep on thinking now in terms of statistics ... a nominal statistic ... a win or loss distinction in name only that could be pre-determined and a comparative statistic being the difference between the two in said performance. The latter would represent the for mentioned process of filling in the data from a set point. Just a guess through.

Toast
I really hope you keep looking into this. What kind of tests are you running? If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Fishstick
Old 04-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #68
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Getting back to the original thing about the simming and playing of games, I just played about 2 months of games while watching a couple of movies on a lazy bum around the house day and not once did I see anyone bunt in any situation except a pitcher in normal situations. So again, no idea where this is coming from.

I'm playing a normally set up real league playing as the St. Louis Cardinals. I have played games in AL parks as well with a DH and nothing there either so I don't know what to say about the weird bunting
Old 04-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #69
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have been playing out games in ootp since I can remember and just off the top of my head, in ootp 12 I played 8 seasons of games, in 13, I played 7 seasons, in 14, I played about 5 seasons and 15 I played 10. I can probably count the number of times a power hitter sitting somewhere near the middle of the lineup bunted for anything. There is some weird things that have happened in games that I question sometimes but this is so rare to me that I find it weird that it is even brought up considering it happens so often "you could cry".
I've seen Mike Trout batting third in the lineup attempt a bunt with a guy on first, no outs, down by three runs in the 7th... That's the specific one I can remember. There have been a few other times where guys sac bunted when down by several runs.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #70
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I've seen Mike Trout batting third in the lineup attempt a bunt with a guy on first, no outs, down by three runs in the 7th... That's the specific one I can remember. There have been a few other times where guys sac bunted when down by several runs.
Not sure what to tell you about that, I havent seen it in 2 months of playing at all. I've even paid attention to all the at bats for the most part that have come and gone and nothing weird so far. Maybe I've been lucky but if it happens as much as you said before, I should have seen it by now. I'm still playing as it's an OOTP day today but still haven't seen anything. Not sure why I'm so different
Old 04-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #71
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not sure what to tell you about that, I havent seen it in 2 months of playing at all. I've even paid attention to all the at bats for the most part that have come and gone and nothing weird so far. Maybe I've been lucky but if it happens as much as you said before, I should have seen it by now. I'm still playing as it's an OOTP day today but still haven't seen anything. Not sure why I'm so different
"So often I cry" is a bit of an exaggeration since seeing it once makes me cry. Seen it maybe five times in a sample of 500-1000 games. But even once is one too many.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #72
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
As a proud, longstanding member of both the Illuminutty & Build-a-Burger groups, I can confirm that there is no international conspiracy involving a coverup of predetermined game outcomes in OOTP

So, nothing to see here
You're right! We all live in the U.S.!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #73
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I'm investing in tinfoil futures myself. There are far more wackos in this world than I ever thought.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #74
Toast
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm investing in tinfoil futures myself. There are far more wackos in this world than I ever thought.
Why don't you see within your self to contribute in a more constructive and hopefully positive fashion. This really gets tiring.I mean we are just talking about the sim and that what we have noticed! I mean there's no ego bolstering here ... just the sim! Goodness!

Toast
Old 04-13-2015, 01:20 AM   #75
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why don't you post screenshots of these poor strategic bunts?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 04-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #76
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why don't you see within your self to contribute in a more constructive and hopefully positive fashion. This really gets tiring.I mean we are just talking about the sim and that what we have noticed! I mean there's no ego bolstering here ... just the sim! Goodness!

Toast
The reason is because your entire position is completely irrational and has already been disproven. All I am ever going to do is mock it, because that's all it deserves.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #77
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Change your strategy settings. If your players are bunting, it's your own fault.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #78
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The reason is because your entire position is completely irrational and has already been disproven. All I am ever going to do is mock it, because that's all it deserves.
I'm stunned that you of all people refuse to acknowledge that Toast just might be on to something here. Did you even see his post about the starting pitcher being declared the losing pitcher before a game was even played? Open your eyes.

Cruton
Old 04-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #79
khucke
All Star Reserve

Amusing thread! I always check it first thing in the morning. May it never be closed!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #80
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm stunned that you of all people refuse to acknowledge that Toast just might be on to something here. Did you even see his post about the starting pitcher being declared the losing pitcher before a game was even played? Open your eyes.

Cruton
David, I know that you're milking this for all that it's worth, but other people might think you were serious.

Closed Thread