Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
mfurgabob
Bat Boy

Will FHM3 have 4k screen resolution support?

As far as I know, there is no way for FHM2 to be properly displayed on a 4k screen. Even when I set the resolution of the game itself to 1980x1080, along with that of my screen to the same, the text did not scale properly, and was unbearably small. Will that be fixed in FHM3?
mfurgabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Interesting question. As an aside, does anyone know what percentage of gamers (or I guess FHM gamers) might be 4k users? I ask mainly out of curiosity. I've been thinking of getting both a new 4k TV and monitor recently but I am not really sure how mainstream these things are yet. Isn't this a really niche market segment still? Or am I just a Luddite?
Old 10-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Interesting question. As an aside, does anyone know what percentage of gamers (or I guess FHM gamers) might be 4k users? I ask mainly out of curiosity. I've been thinking of getting both a new 4k TV and monitor recently but I am not really sure how mainstream these things are yet. Isn't this a really niche market segment still? Or am I just a Luddite?
Had to buy a new TV a couple of days ago because ours finally died. Looking around, 4K TVs have really taken off I think, however they are much pricier than 1080p TVs. Even many flagship phones and laptops now have higher than 1080p resolution.

Personally, I don't notice much of a difference between 1080p and 4K. My laptop screen resolution is 3200x1800, but I still prefer 1920x1080. So I might be biased.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #4
phantompenguin
Minors (Single A)

4K isn't mainstream yet, but it's slowly building towards being there. My 1080p TV is 3 years old and still looks great, so I can't imagine I'll be upgrading to a 4K TV until they go way down in price (low-end 4K TVs probably aren't worth it right now as the upscale is mostly questionable and the amount of actual 4K content is limited)...but I upgraded to a 4K monitor a few months ago. I love everything about it aside from the readability issues with certain resolutions, so I'm definitely hoping there will be a 4K resolution available here.

Generally speaking I think the transition will be quicker on the computer side of things than the TV side, if only because people tend to expect their TVs to last longer than their monitors...replacing a TV after 3 years just feels absurd, but 3 years is a lifetime in the world of computers.

Last edited by phantompenguin; 10-17-2016 at 11:55 AM.
phantompenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We will not officially support it but we enabled some support for it. It is important to understand how Windows handles High DPI. There is a windows setting for zoom, on my test machine it was set to 250%. I had to switch it to 200% because otherwise the resolution would be below the minimum requirement. But then it worked. I guess the best option for you is to test it out and in case you don´t get it working ask for a refund.
Some info that got buried in the other thread

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimsley View Post
I can happily report that on a Surface Pro 4 with default settings, FHM3 loads and fills the screen with readable text and full size buttons!
More info

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote