Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #121
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I finished the LIVE Tigers yesterday, managed to buy Eduardo for 300 PP. Don't know what he's going for now, but I didn't want to wait.

Anymore interesting LIVE missions that are worth the cost of entry? Someone can PM me if they don't want to let it out in the open.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #122
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
The White Sox cards are so overpriced and the market isn’t stabilizing. Most of the Fox Collection golds are being priced well over 20k. In Appling and Anson, someone has been posting Gold Faber for 30k and Diamond Faber for 100k for weeks now. Even in the ones that don’t reward gold packs, the cards are being priced well above other collections.

There still are reasonable prices (or even good ones) to be had but you pretty much have to be watching the auction house 24/7 to snipe them.

there is at least one seller who buys up any White Sox card at aav or slightly higher....and then reposts Gold at 50 K and diamond at 100 K.

whats funny is that some of the cards he is doing this with are not required to complete the mission. Terry Forster comes to mind...so the Forster's will just languish on the AH forever because that mission can be completed without a diamond.

I completed the White Sox mission fairly quickly over the past week for my Winnipeg squad and did not pay the extortion pricing of 50 for gold or 100 for diamond. So it is possible....just checked into the AH every hour or so and eventually got what I needed.

The only way to combat the AH extortionist is for people to post their White Sox cards as open ended auctions. That way they cannot be bought up by that person...and yes it is one person because the timing of of the gold and diamond cards being put up are all the same.

I am all about making PP by flipping cards but that seller is over reaching...and I really enjoyed completing the mission without dealing with them.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #123
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I have to think that at some point, the sheer repetition of posting all those auctions again and again - they're going to get bored with it and stop.

Probably means they'll just hold onto those cards forever, but at least the auction house will stop being cluttered. Times like this I really wish there was a message function for auctions like on eBay.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #124
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm only one card away from the Negro League Collection

So excited
Old 07-13-2019, 04:38 PM   #125
jhn31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any ideas on when we might get some more missions?
jhn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #126
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Yassssss
Attached Images
Old 07-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #127
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn31 View Post
Any ideas on when we might get some more missions?
My guess - and it is strictly a guess - is that new missions will be released this Monday.

I base that purely on the fact that the All Star break is over and everyone is back to work.

At least, I hope so as I'll be going on vacation soon and will be incommunicado for two weeks. So I'd like to have them hit before I leave so I can see what's out there.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 07-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #128
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
My guess - and it is strictly a guess - is that new missions will be released this Monday.

I base that purely on the fact that the All Star break is over and everyone is back to work.

At least, I hope so as I'll be going on vacation soon and will be incommunicado for two weeks. So I'd like to have them hit before I leave so I can see what's out there.
I'm hoping as well...I think they mentioned when they first dropped the missions that the 2nd batch would be around the all-star break.

My Tigers only team needs a big boost, they've been getting destroyed in Perfect.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #129
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

It it me or has the order of Missions changed when selecting 'Difficulty'?
Old 07-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #130
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I think they have changed some of the difficulties around.

SPTT team

Old 07-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #131
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Just completed the Indians Live.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #132
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I've still basically "quit" doing the missions for the time being (raked in about 50K PP in liquidating my partial collections). But, I like the look of the 94 Eddie Plank card and would enjoy seeing it in my team's starting rotation. I'm pretty confident I can complete that collection for less than Plank would cost because Matt Chapman didn't go Perfect this week. So, I'm working on LIVE A's now. I figure I'll get Queen and Michael Jackson and U2...oh, it's not LIVE AID?

Anyhow, it looks like the Brian Schlitter card is going to be the Jose Urena-Michael Fulmer Memorial Annoying Card To Complete The Set. I'm really not loving it when more cards are added to these LIVE sets...

But, by all means if anyone would like to sell me a mint condition 94 Eddie Plank card for 18,000 ish PP, I'd be ok with that arrangement also.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #133
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I notice so many great value Special Editions on the AH, but buying them instead of doing the missions feels wrong to me, like if I was buying 2nd hand war medals or something
Old 07-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #134
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I notice so many great value Special Editions on the AH, but buying them instead of doing the missions feels wrong to me, like if I was buying 2nd hand war medals or something
I am feeling the same way. Glad it just isn't me.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #135
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I'd feel that way a bit more if there weren't so many illogical roadblocks to each collection caused by imbalances of supply and demand + profiteering. Going straight to buying the SE cards cuts out some of the crazier asks people are making for mostly useless cards.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM   #136
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I'd feel that way a bit more if there weren't so many illogical roadblocks to each collection caused by imbalances of supply and demand + profiteering. Going straight to buying the SE cards cuts out some of the crazier asks people are making for mostly useless cards.

it was easier (and cheaper) to buy appling SE on the AH then it was to complete the collection.

i am going to be much more selective in future about collections. in retrospect there are many that I wish i had not completed as the reward cards in many cases was not worth locking the underlying cards...at least to me.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #137
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
it was easier (and cheaper) to buy appling SE on the AH then it was to complete the collection.

i am going to be much more selective in future about collections. in retrospect there are many that I wish i had not completed as the reward cards in many cases was not worth locking the underlying cards...at least to me.
I think this end-around strategy is actually really important to the underlying economy in a marketplace where supply and demand often don't match up. It provides another outlet that sellers have to compete against and think about before putting up Chien-Ming Wang at 20K for the nth time when I can buy Hong-Chih Kuo for 8K..

Old 07-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #138
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Yeah, I'm at the point now where I'm trying to determine if it's cheaper to complete the collection or to just buy the reward card itself. I agree it does feel a bit unsatisfying to do it this way but there are just so many cards required for my collections that either never show up or only ever show up at wildly inflated prices.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #139
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Just completed the Indians Live.
Congrats. Is it just me or does it seem like half the collections reward left-handed starting pitchers as the reward?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #140
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Found a 1986 Gary Carter now for 1k, snapped, bought it, and completed the 1986 Mets set for Keith Hernandez (77) and a gold pack. The gold card in the pack was the POTM version of Luis Castillo that seems to hold some actual value.

I thus declare myself winner for today and retire to smoke an imaginary, celebratory cigar.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote