Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #261
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be anymore Quisenberry missions, there's another Quisenberry mission.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #262
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be anymore Quisenberry missions, there's another Quisenberry mission.
LOL. No $ hit. I was really surprised there was no:

I'LL BE YOUR QUISENBERRY Mission for a Perfect Doc Holiday card...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #263
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I hate new mission day. Expect to get home and see the cards I had listed are now going for 2x or 3x as much. Wish there was a regular schedule or at least a warning posted somewhere.

They officially announced new missions on their twitter account Sunday in the early evening around 6 PST

It was also announced on discord Sunday night.

Cue the complaints about the forums not receiving word until the missions were actually launched this morning.

for the record, I agree there should be a posted schedule of when collection missions will be in launched in game. Or at least a few days notice so people can take down their auctions beforehand.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #264
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

the night before on some random social channels is not a sufficient announcement lol. even people trying to be prepared can be locked out of the game and helpless to fix anything

make it a thing the first monday of each month, but if it can't be regular at least give people a damn day to find out

Last edited by dkgo; 08-19-2019 at 07:55 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #265
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Cursebreakers

I finished the Cursebreakers Collection (Red Sox Edition) last Friday. Ended up spending 32516:

44 : Hardware Heroes SP Bronson Arroyo, CIN, 2010 (60)
77 : Hardware Heroes 2B Pokey Reese, CIN, 1999 (66)
88 : All-Star CF Johnny Damon, BOS, 2002 (68)
94 : Unsung Heroes 2B Mark Bellhorn, BOS, 2004 (65)
101 : Hardware Heroes 1B Doug Mientkiewicz, MIN, 2001 (65)
500 : Unsung Heroes RP Alan Embree, BOS, 2004 (59)
575 : Unsung Heroes C Doug Mirabelli, BOS, 2006 (43)
899 : All-Star C Jason Varitek, BOS, 2005 (74)
1000 : All-Star 1B David Ortiz, BOS, 2006 (76)
1001 : Rookie Sensation RP Pedro Martinez, LAD, 1993 (75)
1480 : All-Star 1B Kevin Youkilis, BOS, 2009 (79)
1656 : Hardware Heroes 3B Bill Mueller, BOS, 2003 (77)
1999 : All-Star CL Keith Foulke, OAK, 2003 (72)
2500 : All-Star CL Derek Lowe, BOS, 2000 (83)
8000 : All-Star LF Manny Ramirez, BOS, 2002 (90)
12502 : All-Star SP Curt Schilling, BOS, 2004 (91)

I only use two players: Lowe and Schilling. I started the collecting I think with Schilling because I had saved up enough for a Diamond pitcher and why not go for somebody that also fit a mission I wanted to complete. Schilling's been 3.1 WAR player through Silver and Gold, winning no less than 15 games. Early returns in Diamond not so good. But he's still one of the best pitchers on my rosters. Plus he's locked.

The mission rewarded Pedro Martinez (90) and, more importantly for my gambling self, a Diamond Pack, which yielded a Special Edition All Star Alex Bregman, which I'm unsure whether or not to be stoked about since it's unclear that there's a market for MLB 2019 All Stars.

But happy coincidence, I now have 10 out of the 16 cards for one of the just released missions: Boston Red Sox: The Curse is Broken. And I'm not even remotely a fan of the Red Sox!

Last edited by Renfro; 08-20-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #266
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I wish the reward for the Cardinals Live mission was a Cardinals player. Yes, I know the Cardinals were called the Browns at the time. The card doesn't show as a Cardinals card in sorts, so it is not a Cardinals card. So I have to sell it if I want a Cardinals theme team.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #267
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I wish the reward for the Cardinals Live mission was a Cardinals player. Yes, I know the Cardinals were called the Browns at the time. The card doesn't show as a Cardinals card in sorts, so it is not a Cardinals card. So I have to sell it if I want a Cardinals theme team.

Yeah, the Stivetts card would have been a decent reward for an "early years" piece of a larger Cardinals mission grouping.... and a different Cards player used for the Live mission reward.... (and perhaps a re-eval of Stivetts offensive abilities can be done, as he was shafted quite a bit in comparison to his contemporaries in the game)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #268
dbqs
Major Leagues

I wish those other new Expos (Moises Alou, etc.) were added to the Expos collections missions. I've been sittin' at 14/15 just waiting for a 90 Vlad or Pedro Martinez to hit the AH for a while. Not many options...
Old 08-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #269
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I feel like the AH has been choked out by this new batch of missions. Business seems very slow on a variety of cards, not just overpriced ones in the missions. Useful cards, and regularly priced ones as well.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #270
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Now that people know missions come out somewhat frequently and almost every card is going to be required at some point there is really no reason to sell anything since you can just wait and be part of the bottlenecking when the time comes
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #271
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Now that people know missions come out somewhat frequently and almost every card is going to be required at some point there is really no reason to sell anything since you can just wait and be part of the bottlenecking when the time comes
I don't know about that.

A lot of teams are at the point where only Diamond or Perfect cards can upgrade their roster. In order to raise the funds for those kinds of cards, you either need to put down real money, or sell cards. PP generation from achievements is too slow.

As a F2P guy, my most PP starved team is (not) coincidentally the one that's had the worst luck with packs and mission hunting. So if I want to make any upgrades I have to sell everything that isn't nailed down.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #272
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Yeah, the Stivetts card would have been a decent reward for an "early years" piece of a larger Cardinals mission grouping.... and a different Cards player used for the Live mission reward.... (and perhaps a re-eval of Stivetts offensive abilities can be done, as he was shafted quite a bit in comparison to his contemporaries in the game)
I'm a little surprised that Stivetts isn't part of the St. Louis Browns mission. If he were a Senator, he would've been in the missions for both the Twins and the Rangers.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #273
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't know about that.

A lot of teams are at the point where only Diamond or Perfect cards can upgrade their roster. In order to raise the funds for those kinds of cards, you either need to put down real money, or sell cards. PP generation from achievements is too slow.

As a F2P guy, my most PP starved team is (not) coincidentally the one that's had the worst luck with packs and mission hunting. So if I want to make any upgrades I have to sell everything that isn't nailed down.
Both are viable paths. It comes down to what the player values more, collection or competition.

As an aside, it is worth noting that a strict interpretation of the TOS answers this question, that competition trumps all other styles of gameplay.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #274
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I'm a little surprised that Stivetts isn't part of the St. Louis Browns mission. If he were a Senator, he would've been in the missions for both the Twins and the Rangers.

yeah, it's those mundane details that kinda get under my skin too.... sort of like the Cubs players in the White Sox missions (which have been removed)... there's a difference between Senators/Twins franchise and Senators/Rangers.... accuracy is a good thing
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #275
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post

yeah, it's those mundane details that kinda get under my skin too.... sort of like the Cubs players in the White Sox missions (which have been removed)... there's a difference between Senators/Twins franchise and Senators/Rangers.... accuracy is a good thing
Yes, the Twins have absolutely nothing to do with the Rangers whatsoever period.

THOSE Senators that moved to Texas were a new expansion team.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #276
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't know about that.

All my Perfect teams are in that boat. I need to upgrade my pitching staffs but don't have the funds. Do I sell some hitters? Or, do I take a gamble on packs?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #277
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
All my Perfect teams are in that boat. I need to upgrade my pitching staffs but don't have the funds. Do I sell some hitters? Or, do I take a gamble on packs?
Good pitching is way more expensive than good hitting... i'd do packs ... but it's a risk.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #278
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Latest mission finished: Twins/Senators series of missions leading to Johan Santana.

Total PP spent: 70,929

Biggest Overpay(s): Cecil Travis 10K, Dan Gladden 3K, Al Worthington 799

This one turned out pretty well although it's the biggest expenditure I've made into any mission/family of missions. The 100 Johan Santana card goes for about 100K, so getting it for about 70K seems like a bargain. Plus, the diamond pack (Giancarlo Stanton) helps offset the cost.

The diamond SE Goose Goslin card is worth 10-15K and looks like it could be useful in a DH role. SE Tony Oliva card isn't too bad either. Sievers, Tapani, Gagne, and Hunter cards seem mostly like filler. How they came up with 52 defense for PEAK Torii Hunter is a bit of a mystery. Maybe some of these lesser cards will be useful in tournaments at some point.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-20-2019 at 09:56 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:18 PM   #279
dbqs
Major Leagues

I wonder if there could be a reward for completing both the Rockies + Marlins missions or both the Rays + Dbacks. Since those guys don't have any hope for another sort of "collection" mission and the reward cards are really not worth it (imho imho)
Old 08-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #280
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
I wonder if there could be a reward for completing both the Rockies + Marlins missions or both the Rays + Dbacks. Since those guys don't have any hope for another sort of "collection" mission and the reward cards are really not worth it (imho imho)
Seems like they could do something related to expansion drafts or the like. Actually they could do "Expansion Draft" missions for the 6 times MLB has expanded. Hey that's a good idea! I better start collecting those cards!!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote