Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #61
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Best union ever!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #62
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Ya know I'm seeing supermodels playing lingerie football is what I'm seeing.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #63
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Awesome news!!! Will the game include historical play?
Exactly what I am wondering. If not true historic play then might there be historic rosters available from a mod site??

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #64
mattlew7062
Minors (Single A)

Yay! I can't wait to play in the future!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 02-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #65
frankinho
Bat Boy

Yesss! Take my monies now!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #66
BradS
Minors (Double A)

DAMN. I've played FOF. Very much wanted this to be an OOTP product 100%. It really must be an all-encompassing venture to produce a good football sim. Wolverine gave up too and brought in an existing game. Never really liked FOF game planning. It really needs a revamp. Was looking forward to a fresh approach to American Football. Basicly same game with an OOTP wrapper...SIGH. Just have to wait and see.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #67
itsmb8
All Star Starter

BANG! Wow, what an announcement! Cant wait until the release!
Old 02-25-2018, 12:43 AM   #68
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
DAMN. I've played FOF. Very much wanted this to be an OOTP product 100%. It really must be an all-encompassing venture to produce a good football sim. Wolverine gave up too and brought in an existing game. Never really liked FOF game planning. It really needs a revamp. Was looking forward to a fresh approach to American Football. Basicly same game with an OOTP wrapper...SIGH. Just have to wait and see.
Have you played the latest version, FOF 8? Game planning went through a major change.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:45 AM   #69
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
This is the greatest news ever!!!

I will get the Browns to the Super Bowl!
Step 1: sign Cousins

Step 2: stop drafting potheads

Step 3: win

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #70
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Have you played the latest version, FOF 8? Game planning went through a major change.
Yes tried it. FOF is so slanted to the GM side of football. From a coaches point of view, there is a lot to be desired. OOTP Baseball has the perfect balance between a GM and a day to day manager. So much has to be done to bring this to OOTP standards. Are we going to have storylines first addition? Again, much to be done before we have OOTP Football. May never have it now.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #71
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes tried it. FOF is so slanted to the GM side of football. From a coaches point of view, there is a lot to be desired. OOTP Baseball has the perfect balance between a GM and a day to day manager. So much has to be done to bring this to OOTP standards. Are we going to have storylines first addition? Again, much to be done before we have OOTP Football. May never have it now.
It has taken many years of development and personal time and effort to get the current OOTP franchises to where they are today. Can't imagine why you want to come in with such negativity when they now have a good core engine to work with that can be molded, in time, to what will be comparable to the rest. This will be a better product already for its first release, but will become an amazing product after a few years of tweaks.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #72
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Hopefully the XFL makes it in.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #73
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
Step 1: sign Cousins

Step 2: stop drafting potheads

Step 3: win

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Forget Cousins.. Trevor Lake! (fictional player I drafted in 2018)

Last edited by MizzouRah; 02-25-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #74
FlexD
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
FOF player here and this is great news. Jim how will this effect the FOF on line leagues, will all 32 GMs need to buy a new game every year or will we all have to play on one version, so for instance we have to stay on v2018 even though the game may be on the 2020 version?
Depends whether the commish updates or not. If your in multiple leagues and some commissioners stay with the older version you will be running different versions of the game.. The big question will be how OOTP chooses to market FOF, and if history repeats itself I see OOTP pushing out a new version of FOF every year.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #75
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on game planning in f0f8 compared to all earlier versions. The new way allows you to build a whole playbook (with the ability to even design your own plays)and use it much like a real coordinator. The offensive side, IMHO and in most other opinions I've read, is much better than the defensive side. But it's a first version of a new module and coming to OOTP Dev. should lead improvements.

Before fof 8 I would agree with your "slanted to the GM side of football" but with the new game planning and all of it's options. That's simply no longer true as you can now be the ultimate coach and build your own system (again offense is way ahead of defense) with play design, designation of primary options, packages, down & distance, etc. etc. For OOTP to have this amount of coaching detail it would have to let you be a hitting coach and tell the player to "close his front foot and bring his hands down 2 inches". IMHO OOTP doesn't need this type of detail but for a football game it is almost essential to those that want a real life experience. Hopefully over time AI coaches will be able to "help" us in building a book using guidelines we suggest. This becomes a more realistic possibility with the merger.

I agree it will take some time to get to OOTP standards that took 20 years to achieve. Those that think everything in OOTP will instantly appear in fof will be disappointed IMHO (though of course I don't know for sure).

FOF is a brilliant game that delivers on the numbers side. It doesn't allow much customization, bells, or whistles but these will come, in time, with the merger, I think. It lacks a shiny interface that allows one to smoothly navigate the game. FOF 8 being a part of OOTP is going to get much needed polish and more important yearly(?) versions to keep building on.

No longer is it a once every 3-4 year release with virtually the same GUI with "only" under the hood improvements. This is a great thing for both Jim Gindin and OOTP Dev. Not building the game from scratch but instead having an engine that's been proven for 20 years is a huge head start to finally having the football game we've only dreamed of.

I envision a very solid first release with the OOTP gui touch being the biggest improvement. Some will complain it doesn't do this, or it doesn't do that but it's in OOTP. Getting all of those things in will take time. What will make it in and what won't we can all speculate about until the cows come home. What we know is we have proven, dedicated, and talented developers on this project and the sky is the limit if people buy and support the game.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #76
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on game planning in f0f8 compared to all earlier versions. The new way allows you to build a whole playbook (with the ability to even design your own plays)and use it much like a real coordinator. The offensive side, IMHO and in most other opinions I've read, is much better than the defensive side. But it's a first version of a new module and coming to OOTP Dev. should lead improvements.

Before fof 8 I would agree with your "slanted to the GM side of football" but with the new game planning and all of it's options. That's simply no longer true as you can now be the ultimate coach and build your own system (again offense is way ahead of defense) with play design, designation of primary options, packages, down & distance, etc. etc. For OOTP to have this amount of coaching detail it would have to let you be a hitting coach and tell the player to "close his front foot and bring his hands down 2 inches". IMHO OOTP doesn't need this type of detail but for a football game it is almost essential to those that want a real life experience. Hopefully over time AI coaches will be able to "help" us in building a book using guidelines we suggest. This becomes a more realistic possibility with the merger.

I agree it will take some time to get to OOTP standards that took 20 years to achieve. Those that think everything in OOTP will instantly appear in fof will be disappointed IMHO (though of course I don't know for sure).

FOF is a brilliant game that delivers on the numbers side. It doesn't allow much customization, bells, or whistles but these will come, in time, with the merger, I think. It lacks a shiny interface that allows one to smoothly navigate the game. FOF 8 being a part of OOTP is going to get much needed polish and more important yearly(?) versions to keep building on.

No longer is it a once every 3-4 year release with virtually the same GUI with "only" under the hood improvements. This is a great thing for both Jim Gindin and OOTP Dev. Not building the game from scratch but instead having an engine that's been proven for 20 years is a huge head start to finally having the football game we've only dreamed of.

I envision a very solid first release with the OOTP gui touch being the biggest improvement. Some will complain it doesn't do this, or it doesn't do that but it's in OOTP. Getting all of those things in will take time. What will make it in and what won't we can all speculate about until the cows come home. What we know is we have proven, dedicated, and talented developers on this project and the sky is the limit if people buy and support the game.
Thank you for your post, there are some positives. Never really had a problem with FOF numbers. I was excited for a new game, new approach, more flexible and deeper GM/Coaching game.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #77
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
...I envision a very solid first release with the OOTP gui touch being the biggest improvement. Some will complain it doesn't do this, or it doesn't do that but it's in OOTP. Getting all of those things in will take time. What will make it in and what won't we can all speculate about until the cows come home. What we know is we have proven, dedicated, and talented developers on this project and the sky is the limit if people buy and support the game.
This last paragraph is so important to remember. I love the idea of marrying FOF to the OOTP GUI but it will take several iterations to achieve the customization OOTP Baseball has. I, for one, am willing to buy the first releases because 1) FOF is a great game by itself with a non-user friendly interface, 2) the improvements will come if we, as Sweed suggests, support the game with our dollars as we did the early versions of OOTP. Patience is really a virtue when it comes to developing a really great sim.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #78
benis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm so hyped for this
Old 02-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #79
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Wonderful news.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #80
Newhampshires
Bat Boy

Today is 2/26/2018. I was sitting here at my desk doing my morning routine when the thought of Behind the Scenes Football came to mind. I hopped on Google and came back to the OOTP site. I am so happy to see an announcement from 6 days prior to my random thought! Looking very very forward to this game's eventual release.

I hope the health problems for all involved have resolved. (I forget who suffered from the stroke or something like this, I hope you've recovered wonderfully and have regained control of life.)

I will be checking back over the next 9 months. Good luck!