Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
If you wanted to play the iOOTP or any of applications on the app store and do not want to have to sign a phone contract or pay for monthly phone service you could always get an iPod Touch.
It is almost identical to the iPhone having the same hardware and high resolution screen. You can access the App store from wi-fi and have access to everything that the phone can access.
Yes, and they come with much higher storage capacity, at least in my case 64MB vs 17MB on my iPhone. I put my music on the touch.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #22
Doby12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am EAGERLY awaiting this version of OOTP! Can't wait.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Palli...

Thanks for the answer to my first question. Got one more.

Is there any chance that iOOTP will have a 'save game in progress' feature? I would tend to think that would be needed if you are playing on an iphone and sometimes with limited time.

The main reason I'm asking is the hope that the new regular PC version is considering having a 'save game in progress' feature.

Thanks...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 01-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #24
RailSplitter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
Palli...

Thanks for the answer to my first question. Got one more.

Is there any chance that iOOTP will have a 'save game in progress' feature? I would tend to think that would be needed if you are playing on an iphone and sometimes with limited time.

The main reason I'm asking is the hope that the new regular PC version is considering having a 'save game in progress' feature.

Thanks...
I hope this doesn't stop Palli from answering your question, but I can say this. These devices have the capabilities to run apps in the "background" so your progress is saved if you get a phone call or close out the app. Now, this is only a temporary save of progress because if you restart your device, all unsaved progress will be lost.

On a different note, I would expect iOOTP to be similar to the handheld version of Football Manager 2011. It's basically soccer's equivalent to OOTP. Their handheld version is certainly a more basic/simpler port, but is definitely playable and enjoyable. For many diehard OOTPers, it may not replace your desktop version.
RailSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailSplitter View Post
I hope this doesn't stop Palli from answering your question, but I can say this. These devices have the capabilities to run apps in the "background" so your progress is saved if you get a phone call or close out the app. Now, this is only a temporary save of progress because if you restart your device, all unsaved progress will be lost.
Funny enough that is exactly what I´m working on right now.

The way I have it now is: Whenever your game gets interrupted (e.g. getting a call or the user pushes the device home button to do something else) the app will go into the background (multitasking feature from apple) and save. Then the user has two options: a) close the app and later continue the saved game or b) go back into the game and continue. So in theory you will never lose your actual game data.

I have it working but have to do some fine tuning today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailSplitter View Post
On a different note, I would expect iOOTP to be similar to the handheld version of Football Manager 2011. It's basically soccer's equivalent to OOTP. Their handheld version is certainly a more basic/simpler port, but is definitely playable and enjoyable. For many diehard OOTPers, it may not replace your desktop version.
I think this is a great way of describing iOOTP. Mix in the special OOTP flavors (like fictional setups to start a game) and you have a pretty good picture of iOOTP.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #26
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the answers fellas. Still hoping that v12 will be including a save game in progress feature. The wait continues.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #27
Who Killed Kenny?
Major Leagues

Quote:
Is there any chance that iOOTP will have a 'save game in progress' feature?
Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Funny enough that is exactly what I´m working on right now.

I have it working but have to do some fine tuning today.
Palli, do you know if Markus can include this feature in his Desktop version. Considering you are basically modifying his existing code, maybe he can take yours and replicate the logic?
Who Killed Kenny? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #28
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

I am stoked to play this on my ipad.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #29
Tax Man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll definitely have an iPad/iPhone version of OOTP someday... but probably not before OOTP 12.
How will this affect the release of iOOTP? Will it be roughly close to the same time as OOTP 12?
Tax Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #30
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Will iOOTP work on iPhone 3GS or only on iPhone 4?
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #31
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

My question is regarding fictional leagues. Will we at least be able to customize the team names and cities as in OOTP PC or are these going to be a preset thing?

Also any known time frame when screenshots will be available?
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Also any known time frame when screenshots will be available?
Here's one possible screenshot. I say possible because it was released awhile ago so maybe the screen has changed.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #33
RabbiOReilly
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (3)
Is there a release date for this yet?
RabbiOReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #34
CoolDudeWill
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any chance we can get a separate iOOTP forum?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #35
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDudeWill View Post
Any chance we can get a separate iOOTP forum?
I requested the same a day or two before your post and it was forwarded to the decision makers. OOTP12 may actually have been the first version to get a board long before the version was released when in the past many have asked for them well beforehand so my guess is they have some reason for not adding boards too soon. Since they've done it with OOTP12 my guess is they'll also add one for iOOTP before it's released, but who knows when that'll be exactly. One concern I could see is you wouldn't want palli spending more time answering questions than actually working on the game.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #36
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Yes, we will add an iOOTP sub-forum as soon as it makes sense. When we have the game feature-ready and start beta would be a good time in my opinion.

Maybe you guys are interested in an short update:

The graphics are coming in and look great. The In-Game part of the game (the last aspect I have to finish) really gets a face and should be finished next week.

It gets exciting guys ...
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #37
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, we will add an iOOTP sub-forum as soon as it makes sense. When we have the game feature-ready and start beta would be a good time in my opinion.

The graphics are coming in and look great. The In-Game part of the game (the last aspect I have to finish) really gets a face and should be finished next week.

Beta? If you are looking for testers I would love to help. I have an iPhone 4 32gb. I'm on my phone all day until my battery is dead so I would have plenty of time to mess around with it.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #38
james17
All Star Starter

I Can't Wait

Just got an iPad for Christmas and have been devouring hours on it playing Civilization Revolution.

The idea of running iOOTP on it has me TOTALLY jazzed! I really can't wait for this to come out. In fact, I'm even ready to pre-order now.

It would be great to have our own sub-forum for this. In the meantime, keep up the great work OOTP.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #39
james17
All Star Starter

Quick question: Are we going to have an economic model in iOOTP (I hope so!)?
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #40
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Oh yeah, any updates we can get, rather small or large is welcomed.

A lot of us are pretty exciting to have a game like this on our phone, so we are dying for information.
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote