Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Photoshop logo advice

Been trying to create new logo (using Photoshop on Mac...so not able to use the Windows logo creator).

Saving as .png, but something is right. I cannot get "white" to be white. Comes out as grey. In fact, all logos I create seem to be darker when uploaded into the game than they are when I see them in Photoshop. Seems like its a color space issue or something, but I have no idea what or how to fix it.

Is this a PS issue, or is something in PT causing this? Sample below. (It looks white here)
Attached Images

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
Arinelle
Bat Boy

I have observed this phenomenon with logos too. In previous versions it affected non-white colours like yellow, too, but right now it just seems like any white logos show up as grey.

PT 21:

PT 20:
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Best I could do from the rasterized image you attached...

Hope it works for ya.
Attached Images

Last edited by webdox; 08-30-2019 at 06:06 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Oh ffs, when you go to save the image, change the extension to .png

The forum software is changing my .png to a .jpg

Let me know if that doesn't work... I will upload it somewhere other than here and you can download the attachment if it doesn't work...
Old 08-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

It works...
Attached Images
Old 08-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #6
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
It works...
Thanks, webdox, but what's interesting is I didn't attach a rasterized image, but a .png. Perhaps the board changed it to .jpg like it did to yours.

I originally made the truck white, but it was showing up grey, so i changed the background to white to see if it would also go gray...and it did, though it shows up here in white.

I see other homemade images that people have made that don't appear to have that problem.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #7
Will_L
All Star Reserve

There is an optical illusion with white lines and black squares where the intersections look gray... when I stare at your truck for about 30 secs then move my focal point to a different area of the truck I see some gray spots in the white around my previous focal point LOL
Old 08-30-2019, 07:19 PM   #8
revmcgator
All Star Starter

What my white background looks like when uploaded into PT...
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #9
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

This will for certain work. Leaving the forum software out of the loop

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download....70881816581868
Old 08-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #10
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Solved

I think.

After examining the logo files in the OOTP installation (.oi files, that are really .png files), I discovered that my files were waaaay too big.

First, I copied an .oi file from the Logos directory and edited it. It worked.

Then I created a .png file from scratch. It also seemed to work.

The key was to make it 150x150 pixels.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #11
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, chiming in a bit late on this thread, but yeah, that's the key. When you're making the files, work with them as large as you like, but when you convert it to a png make sure it's 150x150 (or 150 x something if it's not a symmetrical logo).

By the way, the logo looks great in your sig file. And do the truckers represent Clyde, Ohio, or some other Clyde?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:01 AM   #12
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I think your previous background are "transparent" and "colorless", so they they follow the color of whatever background it is attached to(like the pictures above). You need to speficially paint the background white to have a white background.

Or maybe .png background is supposed to be transparent. I forgot, it has been sometime since I dabbled with PS.

Last edited by Goliathus; 08-31-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #13
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Sorry, chiming in a bit late on this thread, but yeah, that's the key. When you're making the files, work with them as large as you like, but when you convert it to a png make sure it's 150x150 (or 150 x something if it's not a symmetrical logo).

By the way, the logo looks great in your sig file. And do the truckers represent Clyde, Ohio, or some other Clyde?
The Truckers are from Clyde, Minnesota. My teams were created by using random Google Maps location generator (limited to the continental U.S.). Unfortunately, though PT lets you put exact latitude and longitude into the ballpark settings, that info isn't available publicly. If you could see my settings, you would see lat/long of Clyde is 43.8982690000000,-91.9700400000000. If you go there on Google Maps, then go into street view, scan around and the primary view is a farm...and trucks. Therefore, the Clyde Truckers. (pic attached)

My other teams have similar explanations.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #14
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
This will for certain work. Leaving the forum software out of the loop

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download....70881816581868
Did this work for you?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #15
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Did this work for you?
Yes, it would've worked, if that's what I had been looking for. I was actually having a problem reproducing white that appeared white. The transparency was not the issue.

What solved the issue was making sure my image was not too large, but only 150x150px.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:30 AM   #16
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
My other teams have similar explanations.
That's an awesome way to create teams. Was Stephensville a statue of a bear, or an actual bear?

What I learned from selling on Amazon was that most people who live in the US live in some place I've never heard of. Well, most people who order on Amazon anyway.

Last edited by Argonaut; 09-02-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #17
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
That's an awesome way to create teams. Was Stephensville a statue of a bear, or an actual bear?
Unfortunately, neither. There wasn't much to choose from (Coordinates: 44.3681860000000, -88.5844540000000) Only real choices were a German shepherd or what looks like a ceramic frog. But Stephensville is in Wisconsin, and I had read something about the large population of Bears in Wisconsin, so...there you go.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #18
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Now I want to know the origin of the Harlem Hatchets - which Harlem and how the heck did you find a Hatchet there?

If I did this technique I'd probably end up with the Nokesville McDonaldswrappers
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #19
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Now I want to know the origin of the Harlem Hatchets - which Harlem and how the heck did you find a Hatchet there?

If I did this technique I'd probably end up with the Nokesville McDonaldswrappers
Ahh...the Hatchets are a bit of a cheat on the name, much like the Bears.

The Harlem Hatchets are a carryover name from Strat-o-Matic's online playground. They are the first team for which I used the random Google Maps find. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a record of the original coordinates.

Harlem is in...Michigan. This was before I thought of looking around for an object to give me a name. This part of Michigan seems to have a lot of old native American references, which made me think of tomahawks, ala the Atlanta Braves, and I liked the alliteration, so...the Hatchets.