Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #41
metal134
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13x in 5 posts
With the lack of a working minor league system, how is player progression for minor leaguers handled? Or rather, a more apt question is, how do you track development?

Last edited by metal134; 05-01-2011 at 02:32 AM.
metal134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Moneybrawler (04-14-2013)
Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #42
Greg Layton
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 301
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Good thing I took a look at the FAQ before the game hit the app store. Just realized that I can't play on my iPhone 3G.
Greg Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #43
outrider64
Major Leagues
 
outrider64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In The Bleachers
Posts: 392
Thanks: 58
Thanked 89x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Layton View Post
Good thing I took a look at the FAQ before the game hit the app store. Just realized that I can't play on my iPhone 3G.
Me too. I have an android phone and a 2nd gen ipod touch.
Looking forward to 12 though, but it would be great to have ootp on the go.
Hopefully the app gets tremendous response and the team decides to tap into the droid market.
It's getting good reviews and I've been telling friends and co-workers about it.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #44
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,279
Thanks: 5,627
Thanked 40,279x in 6,265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Layton View Post
Good thing I took a look at the FAQ before the game hit the app store. Just realized that I can't play on my iPhone 3G.
You can try it, but it will be slow. It will run though if you do not run any apps in the background!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #45
Greg Layton
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 301
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You can try it, but it will be slow. It will run though if you do not run any apps in the background!
That's the thing with the 3G, you can't run any apps in the background. Thanks for the response, I'm willing to take a chance for $5.
Greg Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #46
outrider64
Major Leagues
 
outrider64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In The Bleachers
Posts: 392
Thanks: 58
Thanked 89x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You can try it, but it will be slow. It will run though if you do not run any apps in the background!
I just downloaded the game for my ipod touch 2nd gen 8gig.
I transferred all my music onto my pc and deleted apps I wasn't using.

It took about a minute and half to load the game and about the same amount of time to load a new Major League game.

I usually play out games so getting through a few seasons may take a while.

But I'm going to experiment a bit to see what happens with a few years of history for the league.

I'll post my results when I do this.

So far so good. This is pretty sweet!

Now I hope my boss doesn't get too upset if he catches me at work, unless he's a baseball fan!
I
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #47
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter
 
LeiterFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 121
Thanked 131x in 78 posts
Just took a shot on this game for the new IPad. Any timeable for the IPad native or universal version? Will it be after OOTP 12 is released?
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #48
Donevyn
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UP, WA
Posts: 342
Thanks: 227
Thanked 50x in 39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic View Post
Just took a shot on this game for the new IPad. Any timeable for the IPad native or universal version? Will it be after OOTP 12 is released?
I believe Palli mentioned he would turn to this after version 1.1 is out. I don't think it's dependent on the 12 release.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #49
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 364
Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
After the 1.1.0 version is out to Apple, I will start work on the Universal App (among a few more new features). There is no timetable at the moment but we did make sure to support the iPad on most of the screens, so we have to design just a few screens new.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
I23ryno (06-11-2011)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #50
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer
 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,944x in 887 posts
When a player gets injured how do I see/tell what injury the player has... When I click on the player his profile just says "injured". Is there a way to see the length and type of injury?
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,022
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 355
Thanked 484x in 295 posts
Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
When a player gets injured how do I see/tell what injury the player has... When I click on the player his profile just says "injured". Is there a way to see the length and type of injury?
That was tricky to find, but if you go into the Active Roster and click on the player, then view "Status" (I believe that was the link).
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #52
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer
 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,944x in 887 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
That was tricky to find, but if you go into the Active Roster and click on the player, then view "Status" (I believe that was the link).
I did find that but it just says "injured" or "day-to-day" so I'm unsure of length and type of injury and wether to put them on IR/DL.

EDIT: I found it!! Little bit of navigating required!

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 04-08-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #53
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer
 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,944x in 887 posts
Got another question being new to baseball sims...

Looking at my roster I sorted by years remaining to see who I want to begin contract negotiations with. However, I see three things... "1 year", "1 year (auto)", and "1 year (arbitration)". My question is what is the difference betweeb the three. Also Which do I need to send offers to?
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #54
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)
 
Disco Dog 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 258
Thanks: 112
Thanked 43x in 34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Got another question being new to baseball sims...

Looking at my roster I sorted by years remaining to see who I want to begin contract negotiations with. However, I see three things... "1 year", "1 year (auto)", and "1 year (arbitration)". My question is what is the difference betweeb the three. Also Which do I need to send offers to?
1 year will be a free agent at end of contract
1 year auto will have their conract automatically renewed at the same amount
I year arbitration will get a new contract but with the new arbitration salary which will be indicated in the contract details screen

Some of these can change throughout the season though based on time in the active roster .. so best to check once in a while

I'm not 100% on how much time a player must spend in the Active Roster per year for them to eventually get to Arbitration .. that's my question

Read this ..... Major League Baseball transactions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ....and was still confused !!

For purposes of salary arbitration and free agency, a player acquires a year of service time if the player remains on the major league roster for at least 172 days of the 182-day season.

Is this the same in the game ?

So to get round this you could demote a guy for more than 10 days at the beginning of hios career ? ... like LAD are rumoured tohave done with Puig





Erm I believe this post confirms that in regards to contracts I haven't a clue

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 04-08-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Moneybrawler (04-14-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #55
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer
 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,944x in 887 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
1 year will be a free agent at end of contract
1 year auto will have their conract automatically renewed at the same amount
I year arbitration will get a new contract but with the new arbitration salary which will be indicated in the contract details screen

Some of these can change throughout the season though based on time in the active roster .. so best to check once in a while

I'm not 100% on how much time a player must spend in the Active Roster per year for them to eventually get to Arbitration .. that's my question

Read this ..... Major League Baseball transactions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ....and was still confused !!

For purposes of salary arbitration and free agency, a player acquires a year of service time if the player remains on the major league roster for at least 172 days of the 182-day season.

Is this the same in the game ?

So to get round this you could demote a guy for more than 10 days at the beginning of hios career ? ... like LAD are rumoured tohave done with Puig





Erm I believe this post confirms that in regards to contracts I haven't a clue
Cool thanks, thats what I kind of figured but I wasn't 100% sure. I am a hockey nut so wasn't sure how "simmilar" it was! But thanks! As for your question I have no idea! lol
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #56
phillsphan
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 183
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 805
Thanked 26x in 13 posts
Kindle Fire

Can this be played on a kindle Fire?
phillsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #57
s mccoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsphan View Post
Can this be played on a kindle Fire?
I'd like to know also.
s mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #58
IAmC
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 256
Thanks: 53
Thanked 89x in 56 posts
It is an iOS game only so it can only be played on (certain) Apple products.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #59
BradC
Administrator
 
BradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern CA
Posts: 1,862
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 2,137
Thanked 2,611x in 691 posts
Yes, it's iOS only right now. An Android version will be coming, perhaps later this year. Thanks.
__________________
No longer PR and marketing manager for OOTP - see ThatSportsGamer, the new OOTP/MLBM community manager
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments