Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:41 AM   #1
cosbornballboy
Bat Boy

OOTP Crashing When I Load Perfect Team

I can play the regular single player game modes just fine but every time I attempt to load Perfect Team, my game crashes. Anyone know what's happening?
cosbornballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
VladtheImpaler-8
Bat Boy

Same thing has been happening to me since last night
VladtheImpaler-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
reitman1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Same thing is happening for me. Worked fine yesterday, will not work on two different machines today.
reitman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
VladtheImpaler-8
Bat Boy

It starts loading everything and then freezes on "Opening Graphics for each team..." every time. I played it with no issues all night, but started crashing at around 11pm last night.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
reitman1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler-8 View Post
It starts loading everything and then freezes on "Opening Graphics for each team..." every time. I played it with no issues all night, but started crashing at around 11pm last night.
This is the same point that mine crashes.
reitman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #6
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Mine is doing the same thing. I did an error trace and I think it is because some idiots named their teams really long names that are crashing the database when we try to load the game.
orin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:06 PM   #7
VladtheImpaler-8
Bat Boy

Well, that is just great! I opened a ticket, so will let you know if I hear a solution.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #8
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

Hey Gents,

Just saw your ticket and immediately found this thread as well. If you guys could all get me your team info for the ones that are having issues I'll be passing it all on to the devs to look into. Hopefully, they can give me some info about what is going on tonight and we can have resolutions by tomorrow. (crosses fingers) hopefully.

Thanks
Alex
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murray View Post
Hey Gents,

Just saw your ticket and immediately found this thread as well. If you guys could all get me your team info for the ones that are having issues I'll be passing it all on to the devs to look into. Hopefully, they can give me some info about what is going on tonight and we can have resolutions by tomorrow. (crosses fingers) hopefully.

Thanks
Alex
Here is my other post with my trace log: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304865
Old 07-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
orin2
Minors (Double A)

So.... what is going on with this? I would really like to know how to fix this problem.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

I have same issue with 2 entry level teams. Hanging on graphics loading, then crashing to desktop. New message today though. On one team received run time error. Very frustrating. Took advantage of sale, but can’t access teams...sigh.
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #12
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
I have same issue with 2 entry level teams. Hanging on graphics loading, then crashing to desktop. New message today though. On one team received run time error. Very frustrating. Took advantage of sale, but can’t access teams...sigh.
Same. They got my money but now I can't play the game.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
orin2
Minors (Double A)

So they had time to code in a pop up add but not time to address the fact that we can't play the game.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #14
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orin2 View Post
So they had time to code in a pop up add but not time to address the fact that we can't play the game.
Unfortunately something has happened in the last week or so that has unleashed a few "One in a million chance bugs" that are creating havoc with a few accounts. I am not sure they actually know exactly what is going on.

Did a test on my rig. Friend logged into his account on my computer. Also an entry league team. He didn't have a problem accessing his team. Both my teams still crashing to desktop when I try to access them. So its an account specific issue, not one with my computer etc.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #15
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Unfortunately something has happened in the last week or so that has unleashed a few "One in a million chance bugs" that are creating havoc with a few accounts. I am not sure they actually know exactly what is going on.

Did a test on my rig. Friend logged into his account on my computer. Also an entry league team. He didn't have a problem accessing his team. Both my teams still crashing to desktop when I try to access them. So its an account specific issue, not one with my computer etc.
Could also be league specific if everyone with issue is in an entry league pool and it is the same one. My friends account is in different entry league pool to these two teams with the issues.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #16
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Could also be league specific if everyone with issue is in an entry league pool and it is the same one. My friends account is in different entry league pool to these two teams with the issues.
I am betting it is the specific entry league where the person put in the stupid long team name. That is what is causing the problem.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #17
orin2
Minors (Double A)

I'm assuming that nobody ever received any help on this. What horrible customer service.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:37 AM   #18
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

Hey gents,

My apologies about the silence on my end. I had the weekend off and with July 4th the timing was not great for this unneeded internet outage.

If any of you guys are still having issues with PT logins please do DM me about it. We think we have solved most of the login issues but as Orin stated that might not have fixed all of the issues that were plaguing the servers before the internet crash. So if you are still having issues please do DM me with your team name and the league you are in. If you could also include what part of the login is crashing that would help me out when I send your teams on to the devs to review.

Thanks
Alex
Old 07-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #19
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murray View Post
Hey gents,

My apologies about the silence on my end. I had the weekend off and with July 4th the timing was not great for this unneeded internet outage.

If any of you guys are still having issues with PT logins please do DM me about it. We think we have solved most of the login issues but as Orin stated that might not have fixed all of the issues that were plaguing the servers before the internet crash. So if you are still having issues please do DM me with your team name and the league you are in. If you could also include what part of the login is crashing that would help me out when I send your teams on to the devs to review.

Thanks
Alex
so now the "play perfect team" button doesn't work either. So I can't get into my teams. Is this a known issue?

disregard please

Last edited by asaintsfan; 07-08-2019 at 07:48 AM.
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #20
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orin2 View Post
I am betting it is the specific entry league where the person put in the stupid long team name. That is what is causing the problem.
Looks like you were probably right. The look at me guy with the long team name could have been the problem. If that was the issue, a character limit on team names is needed. I hope that, like me, you have access to your teams now.