Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Defensive alignment changes after each pitch

Why does an defensive alignment that I choose for my defense (i.e., hard shift right) go back to a default position (i.e., infield normal) after each pitch when playing pitch by itch mode? It's really annoying to have to keep changing the defense after each and every pitch.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

I’ve not experienced it going to the default after every pitch, but it will change due to the situation changing. For example, if a batter attempts a bunt but fails, the defense will move out of a hard shift to protect against a bunt. It will go back to the shift when there are 2 strikes.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSoonerAMH View Post
I’ve not experienced it going to the default after every pitch, but it will change due to the situation changing. For example, if a batter attempts a bunt but fails, the defense will move out of a hard shift to protect against a bunt. It will go back to the shift when there are 2 strikes.
If you have your settings set for the AI to automatically position your defense based on the type of hitter (i.e., extreme pull hitter) then the defensive alignment does not change after each pitch. But if you change the defense from what the AI has it at, then it will change back to the default position after each pitch.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote