Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Socali
Minors (Double A)

NOT Starting correct pitchers or lineup!!!!!!

Dammit, I do not have time for this...i am working. GOLD276. It is NOT using my lineups OR correct pitchers. First game of the year it started my #4 pitcher...now its slated to start DeGrom AGAIN at 80% and I have two pitchers who haven't even started yet including my #1 and #3 pitcher...C'Mon man...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Pitching Staff...

Gold276
Attached Images
Old 12-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Box Score

Should have included this in first post to show that neither of my lineups is being used...the other 2 box scores have the same incorrect lineups...
Attached Images
Old 12-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #4
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Laught out loud...

I just notice the relief pitcher roles are not specified. THEY ALL WERE when I left the house this morning AND I hit submit AND I got the successfully submitted confirmation NO ERROR. Unbelievable
Old 12-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Just like this....

Team was successfully submitted with ALL roles specified before I left the house...just like this...
Attached Images
Old 12-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Game #4...Started deGrom again...

...but the GOOD news Hershiser is NEXT! But then again he was supposed to start game #1 but didn't even though #1 starter was absolutely selected and visually confirmed by me to start! SUCCESSFUL SUBMIT. Gotta go...thanks for the agravation... i have work to do.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I logged this bug (thanks for confirming!!) and I reported it in the main PT forum hoping to see if it was affecting others. See my thread here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=296721
Old 12-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #8
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've had a strict rotation set since the season started this morning...

I also had the AI start a starter on short rest in the playoffs for no reason (rotation had plenty of pitchers) and I had AI use one of my starting pitchers in a save situation in the clinching game and blew it. I always have allow starting pitchers in relief set to no.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by jkdhoo; 12-17-2018 at 08:36 PM.
jkdhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Old 12-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Markus is taking a look at this, we'll have something for you guys soon.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick update to this, I theorized that me leaving the game up for a long time while I was away while at the same time having the "Automatically Submit Team" option selected was causing some kind of conflict. I turned off the "Automatically Submit Team" option and have not had any issues with my rotation since.

Could easily be coincidence.
jkdhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdhoo View Post
Quick update to this, I theorized that me leaving the game up for a long time while I was away while at the same time having the "Automatically Submit Team" option selected was causing some kind of conflict. I turned off the "Automatically Submit Team" option and have not had any issues with my rotation since.

Could easily be coincidence.

Interesting idea. I do the same. Maybe I'll try this too. I always remember to submit my changes manually so it shouldn't cause me a problem.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:01 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Ahhh, okay. The reason is when you leave it open, and when you are not at the PC and the league file does not update, it still submits your team every 30 minutes (with the not updated next starter) and hence throwing off the rotation. Disabling auto-submit in the Profile & Settings tab of the PT Home page fixes this

Edit: We will release another maintenance patch to fix this tomorrow probably.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 12-19-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #14
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Thank you for looking into this...

FWIW, odd things have happened at the very beginning (monday) of the last two seasons for me but I have had no such issues throughout finish through playoffs. And I don't do anything any differently. Yes, I have always had auto-submit on since first beta in addition to self submitting myself which should override any of these problems occurring IMO.

What is REALLY weird and this was the first I've ever seen this one and I do not see how it is related to what you are describing Markus, but if your maintenance release fixes it then so be it, is this: The first three games started ALL my positional players BUT their batting position didn't match EITHER of my vs RHP or vs LHP lineups! How is that even related to what you are describing, RE: auto-submit, etc?

Please understand my over the top frustration as I expressed but I usually have very little time during M-F to do what I had to briefly do in posting this thread and by the time I get home 1/8th of the season has been simmed...one game can be the difference in the end...you know that.

Again, it is really weird that weird things have happened the beginning of last two seasons and I don't do anything differently the rest of the week (with no problems). I don't have a desktop Windows Comp. that I would leave on, it's a Surface Pro and I close OOTP and fold tablet when not using. (BTW, looking forward to being able to manage via iPAD with OOTP GO!)

Thank you for looking at this, I posted the previous Monday that the AI had taken control of my team and REALLY screwed me for one about twelve games as the primary blow was putting my starting shortstop on reserve and leaving me with ONE player rated at shortstop position! Needless to say Brock Holt was exhausted by the time I discovered this. I had to wait for my starting shortstop to finish reserve duty (at that point a couple of games) but someone at OOTPD DID see my complaint they didn't acknowledge me directly but I noticed Brock Holt went from exhausted to rested, so thank you for that but my issue outside of that was ignored while others were addressed.

The other thing was my bullpen roles being cleared out, again, how does that even relate to leaving your computer open? (which I don't anyway). It does not make sense to me but if this maintenance release fixes that then so be it. I do understand that if only 1 or a handful of people are having this issue then the issue must be with them but, man, I am not stupid, I was doing very crude basic programming on a Commodore 64 before the IBM PC was born. That doesn't make me a genius but c'mon, I've been around the block. Gotta go, thanks....

Addendum: Damn, I was late for work for posting this...have sympathy for me, I am a Windows 95 Survivor!!!

Last edited by Socali; 12-19-2018 at 10:04 AM.