Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
pap1723
Bat Boy

Negro Leagues in Random Debut

Hello, we are running a RDH league with no color barrier and stats normalized to 1979 each season. What I want to have is Negro League players included with their stats from their entire career, not just their MLB service.

Anyway I can accomplish this? Thanks!
pap1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pap1723 View Post
Hello, we are running a RDH league with no color barrier and stats normalized to 1979 each season. What I want to have is Negro League players included with their stats from their entire career, not just their MLB service.

Anyway I can accomplish this? Thanks!
My way is a bit tedious. I import them individually from the SpritzeHSforOOTP18 database. I would use the OOTP19 one, but all I've got for that is a master list with no database which makes it kind of hard to import all of their stats into the game along with their names.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
jbonno1954
Bat Boy

I am new here and to OOTP. What is this database you are talking about and where do you find it? I also read that the "color barrier" has to be disabled, where is that at? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
jbonno1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #4
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonno1954 View Post
I am new here and to OOTP. What is this database you are talking about and where do you find it? I also read that the "color barrier" has to be disabled, where is that at? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the database that comes with and is installed with the game... When you are setting up a historical league in Step 1, you will want to check to import real minor leagues, then once you and the game are finished setting up your league, go to League Settings, Rules and look for the item labeled Color Barrier... I believe that it is on by default and you would want to uncheck that if in fact you want no color barrier...

Hope this helps...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonno1954 View Post
1) The database I'm talking about in my above post is separate from the database that comes with the game. 2) You have to get it online. Fortunately, I have the link here. You will also need the master.csv file in order to make heads or tails of it regarding who is in the database. It's too large for me to post here but it's small enough, that if you PM me with your e-mail address, I can send it to you.

You want to download that folder from the web page, and extract it to your C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\stats folder. Your computer may have a different path than mine. Use the equivalent path in your system.

The stats folder is usually stored in the OOTP Baseball 19 folder that is in the Documents folder. There is another OOTP Baseball 19 folder that usually goes in your Program Files folder. That one will have three folders in it: data, default_data, and Uninstall along with a bunch of files. You won't find the stats folder in there, so if you extract it there, you've sent it to the wrong folder. Using the proper path will place the Spritze DB (SpritzeHSforOOTP18) folder inside the stats folder of OOTP Baseball 19, which is what you want. Once you've extracted the folder to the stats folder, you should have four files in there (historical_database.odb, historical_lineups.odb, historical_minor_database.odb, and historical_transactions.odb). As I said above, e-mail me for the master.csv file because you're going to need it. When you get said master.csv file, copy/paste it into the Spritze DB folder that we've placed in the stats folder, and you should be all set up. You want to do all of this manoeuvring while the game is shut down because you're making changes to files and folders within the game so it's best to not be in game while you're doing it.

You can import just about any player from that database. You find the players in the master.csv file with the first five letters of the last name, followed by the first two letters of the first name, followed by two digits indicating when they debuted. 01 will represent the player with the same letters who debuted first, next will be 02 and so on (i.e. with the default database: griffke01 = Ken Griffey Sr., griffke02 = Ken Griffey Jr. You wouldn't need to import these two from Spritze because they're already in the database that comes with the game).

Where the Spritze DB excels is, say you want to import Satchel Paige at a much earlier age than he came into MLB IRL. You would go to the master.csv list, and find his ID number (paigesa01), and his debut year (1924, I would use 1923 to get him to come in a year before his debut because the draft happens a year before his debut). Alternatively, say you want to import a player who never played in MLB like Sadaharu Oh (ID: ohsa95, Debut: 1959, so I use 1958), or Oscar Charleston (ID: charlos00, Debut: 1915, so I use 1914), you can do that with this database.

To do so, you need to fire up the game, and get into Commissioner Mode. To do that, you need to go to Your Name (In my case: T.Jackson) > Manager Options, and check the Play in Commissioner Mode box on the right side of the page that you're directed to.

Then, go to Your League (In my case: MLB) > Reports & Info > Free Agents. Once you arrive at this page, you'll see a list of available free agents in your league. You will also see a box off to the right above the player list labeled "Actions...", which you click on. A box with three options will pop up. Click on "Import historical player(s)". Now another box will pop up. Make sure the proper path is selected (i.e. C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\stats\SpritzeHSforOOTP18). You should have the five files in there. Select historical_database.odb, and click on "Confirm".

The "Historical Player Import Options" box will pop up. Let's bring Oscar Charleston into our game. Enter historical player ID (e.g. ruthba01): charlos00, Enter Season Year: 1914. Uncheck the "Include player(s) in minor league database" box. Don't bother with "select text file using numerous entries" stuff for now. We're just trying to get one player into the game at a time to make sure we do it right.

Uncheck the "Keep selected season's statistics in player career stats" box. If you want Charleston to enter as a free agent uncheck the "Import player(s) into draft pool" box. If you want him to enter in the draft, check that box.

Base Current Ratings on...I use "Real Stats". If you're using "Neutralized Stats" in your game, select that. I use "Remaining Years of Career" for Base Potential Ratings on...You can use whatever you want (there are four options), but make sure it matches what you're using in your game. Base Fielding Ratings/Pitcher Stamina on...I use "Entire Career" for both. Again, make sure this matches with what you're using in your game. You can find out the settings you're using in your game by going to Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Player Ratings before you start importing players. Didn't know how to get that in there in order, but you need to know what those four settings are in your game before you can set them up in the "Historical Player Import Options" box, so you can align them properly.

The next box ("Import real L/R splits") is kind of irrelevant for Spritze guys I think. You can check it or uncheck it, and it probably won't make a difference because I don't think there are any real splits to be had.

Adjust Hitters Options. I use 200 AB for "Adjust Hitters with fewer than X At-Bat", and 50 AB for "Weaken Hitters with fewer than X At-Bat". For pitchers I use 40 IP for Adjust, and 10 IP for Weaken. Why? I don't know. I have since time immemorial I guess. Those used to be the thresholds for Neutralized Stats, which I used to use, so I've just continued to use them. Now hit the "Import Player(s)" button. It will either import to the free agents pool or the draft pool depending on what you've selected, and a popup box will let you know if your import was successful or not. If it wasn't re-trace your steps until you figure out where you went wrong.

Just for fun, I'm also gonna add Sadaharu Oh to the mix. To do so, go back to the Actions...box and click on it. Click on Import Historical Player(s). Then, input ohsa95 into the historical player ID box, and 1958 into the season year box. As you can see from the pics below, the imports were successful.

3) Re: Colour Barrier. Go to Game Settings > League Settings > Rules > Roster Rules. Under that heading, you should see a check box labeled "Colour Barrier". Leave it unchecked. Long, long, long post here, so you're probably going to have questions. Fire away!
Attached Images
Image Image 

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Old 01-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

actionjackson:

great write-up. i was thinking i might add a pointer here or there, but found you covered the scope very well!!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:15 AM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
actionjackson:

great write-up. i was thinking i might add a pointer here or there, but found you covered the scope very well!!
Thank you sir. I tried to cover all the bases, and it was exhaustive, but I think it worked out well in the end. It may be a bit confusing for a newbie, but that's why I insisted he ask questions for clarification.