Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Active Roster Size During Pre-Season

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but this should be corrected. We cannot properly have a training camp with an active roster size of 23.

This also brings up an issue of no players hitting waivers right before the season starts. This can also cause an issue if your team has too many players away at the World Cup (season 1). Will this be fixed before release?

Thank you.

On another note.. Charlie Lindgren (Mtl Farm team) has no ratings created. Zeroes across the board. Not sure if he was a late addition to the rosters or not, but he's arguably Montreal's best goaltending prospect atm.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The lack of waivers is intended to compensate for the smaller offseason roster. You can move players up and down without having to waive them until the season begins.

I fixed Lindgren, he'll be better after the next data update (sometime next week.) Wouldn't put him ahead of Fucale as the best prospect, though.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
jbaxter
Minors (Double A)

Sending kids back to junior

I think you need to check the rules on sending younger prospects back to junior. Sergachev (Canadiens) and many others of the 2016 draft class have made their clubs and many will stay for just 9 games before being sent back. In Sergachev's case, the option is to send him to the AHL, which isn't an option.
jbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #4
jrexi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but this should be corrected. We cannot properly have a training camp with an active roster size of 23.

This also brings up an issue of no players hitting waivers right before the season starts. This can also cause an issue if your team has too many players away at the World Cup (season 1). Will this be fixed before release?

Thank you.

On another note.. Charlie Lindgren (Mtl Farm team) has no ratings created. Zeroes across the board. Not sure if he was a late addition to the rosters or not, but he's arguably Montreal's best goaltending prospect atm.
I agree with this. This was also an issue in FHM 2, it's just not realistic to have only 23 players on the roster during pre-season. I appreciate that you can send players up and down without the need to clear waivers, but it makes it very hard to try different lines and combinations during the pre-season by having to keep bringing players up and down.
jrexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

The Problem I have is that any player with a No Movement clause cant be sent to the Minors. Meaning i cant send down guys who I know will play for my team and get to play my younger guys. This really does need to be addressed as it makes the preseason pretty much unimportant. I cant make a roster thats worth having cause my big guns almost always have No Movement Clauses.
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaxter View Post
I think you need to check the rules on sending younger prospects back to junior. Sergachev (Canadiens) and many others of the 2016 draft class have made their clubs and many will stay for just 9 games before being sent back. In Sergachev's case, the option is to send him to the AHL, which isn't an option.
Yeah, that definitely shouldn't be happening. It's supposed to be checking for CHL history and the NHL draft date to see if the player has to go back to junior, and everything appears to be set properly in the database, so that looks like a bug.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, that definitely shouldn't be happening. It's supposed to be checking for CHL history and the NHL draft date to see if the player has to go back to junior, and everything appears to be set properly in the database, so that looks like a bug.
Yep it is happening to me as well. My only options for Sergachev are NHL, AHL or ECHL.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 AM   #8
Guzzernaut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrexi View Post
I agree with this. This was also an issue in FHM 2, it's just not realistic to have only 23 players on the roster during pre-season. I appreciate that you can send players up and down without the need to clear waivers, but it makes it very hard to try different lines and combinations during the pre-season by having to keep bringing players up and down.
Yes. Moving players up and down for every game of the preseason is tedious, not fun, and not realistic.
Guzzernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What is need is Expand Roster Date then in Preseason would have more then 23 Guys including Tryout Guys.
Other thing needed is like the Amway Center has the right to host some preseason Games or Orlando Solar Bears-contract up with Lighting like 2020.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
ajimithing
Minors (Single A)

It does make pre-season waivers non existent and there are always many players changing teams through waivers right before the season starts.

But also, you should be able to offer PTO (Professional Tryout) and have those guys available in preseason.
ajimithing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #11
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

The major drawback to this method is that players get unhappy when you send them down. Not an issue with the guys destined to be down there, but for the guys who don't need to play many pre-season games, but need to get out of the way, it's not fun seeing angry faces in their status.

Is there a way to turn off happiness in pre-season, or to reset it after pre-season ends, like part of waiver day?
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #12
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes I agree - this is a glaring issue. Can't have much fun sending guys up and down just to get some preseason games in. Needs to be addressed by expanding roster during preseason. I mentioned it in FHM 1 and FHM 2. Makes it so annoying and unrealistic.
Gauch33 is offline   Reply With Quote