Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Mayweather-Mosley 24/7

Anyone been watching? PBF is becoming more delusional with each week. Saying he's a better fighter than Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. I am really, really hoping Shane destroys him.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Yes I've been watching, at times Floyd seems like a character from a Rocky film.

The more I think about this fight the more I'm leaning towards Floyd having a good shot @ making Shane look like an old man on Sat. night.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
basketcase77
Minors (Double A)

I hate to say it and I hope it doesn't happen but I think Mayweather will absolutely dominate Mosley. Mosley is 38 and hasn't fought for 16 months, hardly the best preparation to be fighting Mayweather.
If Mosley pulls it off though I think there are gonna be a lot of happy fans out there!!
basketcase77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
btown32
Hall Of Famer

First let me clarify, I am not a PBF fan. But I do understand that he is a marketing machine and is all about the U.S. dollar. He plays up the evil character and makes the public want to hate him to draw attention and have people tune in to see him get beat. It doesn't do any good to have two "good" character guys. He draws the ire of the public so that he gets more ppv revenue. Mayweather is a very intelligent character, I am not saying that I like it, but he is good for the business side of boxing.

As for the fight, I believe that Shane Mosley is going to suddenly get old during this fight. I think that a Mosley-Pac fight would be a good match-up because you would have two offensive oriented boxers going after each other in the ring. But I believe that Mayweather is going to win and make Shane look bad. Mayweather-Pac is the fight that is going to make history. It will generate the most money for any fight in the history of boxing. But both sides need to get serious and just get it negotiated. The percentages don't really matter when you are talking about easily making over 50 million!
btown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I agree with both of you.

Floyd does know what he's doing because if people like his brash talk, that's fine with him & some people may buy the PPV in hopes that he loses, that's OK with him too as long as they're buying his fight.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Unless 38 is the new 28, sadly, Jr. will win. Mayweather is delusional if he believes he is anywhere near the same level and Ray Robinson. Its arbitrary if he is on the same level as Ike Williams or Bob Montgomery. Who has he beaten? An ordinary Judah? A defenseless Hatton? Those wins are barely quality and don't make a great resume.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
boreso
Bat Boy

Mayweather vs. Mosley

Hi,
Does anyone know if there are 'Title Bout' cards for these two boxers?
I'd love to play this fight out with the board game BEFORE it actually takes place.
Thanks,
Brad.
boreso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised that there's no title on the line in this bout. Not that it matters, but I'm amazed they managed to get it done without Shane's WBA belt being up for grabs.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
boreso
Bat Boy

Mosley wins!!!

I just used 'Title Bout' computer version 1.9 to 'preplay' the upcoming bout between Mosley vs. Mayweather. Mosley knocked Mayweather down twice in 4th round. Mayweather took 2 count and then was saved by the bell on second knockdown. In round 5 Mosley raised his gloves in victory as Mayweather clutched his rib cage, suffering from a broken rib! Mosley was leading, 40-35 at time of TKO.
Both fighters were in prime condition for this bout.
I must say I was pretty shocked by the outcome and the way that Mosley just manhandled Mayweather.
Brad.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
boreso
Bat Boy

Delusional Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Unless 38 is the new 28, sadly, Jr. will win. Mayweather is delusional if he believes he is anywhere near the same level and Ray Robinson. Its arbitrary if he is on the same level as Ike Williams or Bob Montgomery. Who has he beaten? An ordinary Judah? A defenseless Hatton? Those wins are barely quality and don't make a great resume.
I have to agree. What delusional Larry Holmes once said of Rocky Marciano applies here. "Mayweather couldn't carry Sugar Ray's jock strap."
Brad.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreso View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know if there are 'Title Bout' cards for these two boxers?
I'd love to play this fight out with the board game BEFORE it actually takes place.
Thanks,
Brad.
I doubt it Brad, by the time these 2 guys came along, TBCB was all on computer.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
comicfanman
All Star Starter

I like both fighters as fighters.

I never really liked bad mouthing opponents, but PBF can back it up. At least to date he has.

As far as showing his age, I think Mosley has the best chance to date of anyone beating PBF.

I think the key to beating PBF is constant pressure and constant throwing. Don't give him a chance to start an attack.

Ole Zab Judah had the right game plan when they fought and until Zab stopped throwing punches, PBF was not even in the fight.

I hope it is a good fight and the Mosley gets the nod and some respect from PBF after the fight.

We will see for sure tonight!!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
TBPauly
Minors (Single A)

Think it will be a Mayweather decision win, but some of the great fighters lost a fight after going 40-0....Sugar Ray Robinson and George Foreman among them.
TBPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
Jordan
All Star Starter

I really want Mosley to knock him out. And shut him up for good
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #15
sabotai
All Star Reserve

If this were happening a few years ago, I might be tempted to predict what I really want to predict, Mosley by (T)KO. But....Mosley is 38 and he hasn't fought in over a year, so it makes it hard to predict him to win by KO. I have a feeling it's going to be a boring fight with Mayweather winning a unanimous decision. But a part of me really thinks Mosley can pull of the KO. Probably just wishful thinking...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #16
CurryStorm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
If this were happening a few years ago, I might be tempted to predict what I really want to predict, Mosley by (T)KO. But....Mosley is 38 and he hasn't fought in over a year, so it makes it hard to predict him to win by KO. I have a feeling it's going to be a boring fight with Mayweather winning a unanimous decision. But a part of me really thinks Mosley can pull of the KO. Probably just wishful thinking...
Spoilers:

You were right on the money. Floyd won a boring, unanimous decision. However, Shane was able to hurt him and show that he "could have" knocked him out if this was about 7 years ago. It was like once Shane had him hurt in the 2nd, he was so gassed from then on it became an easy fight for Floyd.
CurryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #17
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Bottom line about Mayweather is this. He portrays the "Money" persona on 24/7 because like some of you mentioned it helps market his fights. Similarly to Ali, some people went to his fights to watch him win, some went cause they wanted to see him lose. Same with Mayweather. He doesn't care why you go or buy the PPV.

Also, he is actually a very nice individual and does a lot of charity and community work. Other than an article by kevin Iole recently none of that really gets mentioned. I have met Mayweather and live in vegas so I was glad that the article was written about the little know generous side that Mayweather has.

As for the fight, he is just too good. Is he the greatest of all time, of course not, but defensively he is right up there with the best of them.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Comicfanman: Ole Zab Judah had the right game plan when they fought and until Zab stopped throwing punches, PBF was not even in the fight.

The reason he stopped throwing punches is because every time he did, Mayweather made him pay. As he often does, Mayweather gaveaway the first few rounds to get his opponents timing down and then he takes over.

Last edited by Mugsy; 05-02-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #19
Rocky
Minors (Single A)

I thought Mayweather's reflexes looked a little slow. I'm not just talking about those two huge shots but he was getting hit with jabs and shots to the body which he'd usually see coming and block. I think he looked a tad past his best defensively but his hand speed was certainly still there. I also thought Mosley looked old, and winded after the third round. I really wasn't impressed with either mans performance. Floyd showed weaknesses I had never seen before. In his prime he had spider man reflexes. He's still good but does look more hittable.

Before the fight,I thought he'd kill Pacquiao, but now i'm not so sure if he has the defense to withstand Pacquiao's stamina and onslaught of wicked fast punches

Last edited by Rocky; 05-02-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
meade95
Hall Of Famer

Good performance last night by PBF........As as much as a fan of Pac as I am......Last night only furthered my opinion that PBF will win a clear UD or late TKO over Pac if that fight comes off....
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote