Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:31 AM   #1
doitny
Minors (Rookie Ball)

im broke

I am negative 4 million dollars. and I was just in the WS 3 years ago. I played by the rules last couple of years. traded away some free agents to be cause I knew I couldn't resign them but now I have no money to sign my draft picks and I had a really bad year and the picks are high. is there something I can do? btw I am playing career NY Mets started in 1980, and I am currently in 1989. I know the mets have some cheap ass owners in real life but I guess they have some cheap ass owners in OOTP too.
doitny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
TomVeal
All Star Starter

About the only resort is to sell or trade away high-paid players for whatever you can get. That hurts, but RL teams sometimes have to do it. I recall the sale of a guy named G. H. Ruth a hundred years ago. . . .
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

trade away high priced salaries for prospects and just take it. Unless you are a rich team the chickens always come home to roost for the other teams. One thing though my team is so vulnerable as a small market team there was just no way I could compete if the owner did not make all of the budget available so I checked the box that says make all budget funds available. Even then I'm still barely above water. it sucks but like they say baseball is an unfair game.

Last edited by andyhdz; 06-12-2019 at 12:04 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the same boat. I have a bunch of guys who will be free agents at the end of my current season and I have no money to sign them to extensions. My team is in contention as of the date of the June draft but if we fall out of the running in July I'm going to have a fire sale. Otherwise we'll see how deep of a playoff run we can make and this season will be the last hoorah for this group (I won a World Series with these guys) as I will lose them to free agency unless I get a boatload of money to resign some of them. If I lose these guys then there's the challenge of rebuilding the team into a winner, and I like challenges. Having a huge budget that allows you to sign and extend whoever you want so you keep winning year after year gets a little boring for me.

Last edited by Curve Ball Dave; 06-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Curve Ball Dave is offline   Reply With Quote