Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

In- Game crashes

3 times i've experienced a CTD while playing out a game. I'm using modern day league using the Live start.
Last time it crashed when i clicked sim til RISP. It just did a CTD and i lost a week of games. I believe 1 of the other crashes was after using that RISP as well.

. I guess im going to have to save every day. i may just go back to 19 for time being, i never had this many crashes in 19.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have this same issue that actually started in October with OOTP 19 that I posted about here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...22#post4372322.

I stopped playing 19 entirely because of it.. Hoping it'd be gone in 20.. First game.. 2-3 "Until RISP"s in.. Crash.

On PC.. The fixes discussed in that thread were for Mac and the "hotfix" did nothing..

331 hours of OOTP 16
214 hours of OOTP 17
438 hours of OOTP 18
435 hours of OOTP 19 (despite quitting in October)

So let's say I'd really appreciate a fix.

Last edited by Ayako; 03-26-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

To figure out what's going on, it would be very helpful to have specific info on just what's happening in-game before a crash and also the game's debug file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP20 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\debug

Find the trace file there and post it here please. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
To figure out what's going on, it would be very helpful to have specific info on just what's happening in-game before a crash and also the game's debug file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP20 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\debug

Find the trace file there and post it here please. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing. Thanks!
It's a massive wall of text that I didn't want to burden other users with scrolling through so I put on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/H5QfyZ5T

This time it crashed between innings after an out when playing "Until RISP" with runners already in scoring position. I have not been able to complete a single game (or get by the 4th inning or so) since October in both OOTP 19 and now 20.. I can sim fine. But when in game, they will not finish without crashing.

Last edited by Ayako; 03-26-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayako View Post
It's a massive wall of text that I didn't want to burden other users with scrolling through so I put on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/H5QfyZ5T

This time it crashed between innings after an out when playing "Until RISP" with runners already in scoring position. I have not been able to complete a single game (or get by the 4th inning or so) since October in both OOTP 19 and now 20.. I can sim fine. But when in game, they will not finish without crashing.
Ok, thanks. We'll take a look.

Without getting into the details yet to know for sure, I'm like 99% certain this is likely somehow related to an outdated video card or video card drivers, so definitely the first thing to do is to make sure those are updated.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 PM   #6
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Ok, thanks. We'll take a look.

Without getting into the details yet to know for sure, I'm like 99% certain this is likely somehow related to an outdated video card or video card drivers, so definitely the first thing to do is to make sure those are updated.
My drivers were updated in February.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any hope?
Old 04-10-2019, 03:01 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayako View Post
Any hope?
I don't believe we've had a chance to do much with this, as unfortunately tracking down random crashes is almost impossible unless we can get it to happen on a test machine.

What are your system specs, especially OS and video card, and are you using the Steam or standalone version of the game?

The crash you describe above, with RISP, is that always where you get a crash that knocks you out of the game, or does it vary as to where the crash happens, as far as in-game situations?

Old 04-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #9
ehencley
Minors (Single A)

I get the same thing on RISP and Half Inning but those are the only two buttons I use. I am going to double check all the video drivers and let everyone know if that helps. I also set up tracemode.

This is super annoying. I swear it only happens during a quality start by one of my crappy Twins pitchers.
ehencley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #10
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I don't believe we've had a chance to do much with this, as unfortunately tracking down random crashes is almost impossible unless we can get it to happen on a test machine.

What are your system specs, especially OS and video card, and are you using the Steam or standalone version of the game?

The crash you describe above, with RISP, is that always where you get a crash that knocks you out of the game, or does it vary as to where the crash happens, as far as in-game situations?
Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.

I'm on Windows 10. 64bit with 16GB of RAM and a Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz. My video card is a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB currently running driver 419.67. I use the Steam versions.

There is no specific scenario or trend that I've noticed the crash. I know it's way more frequent (like can't finish a game) in one of my leagues and more sporadic in another.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #11
b10wick
Major Leagues

I'm also experiencing frequent crashes while playing games out. I'm on a Mac and would love to help in any way possible.

Just had OOTP crash three straight times while playing out an Opening Day game at different points throughout the game.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #12
b10wick
Major Leagues

Continuing to experience crashes whenever clicking the sim half inning/inning buttons while playing out games.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:13 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Continuing to experience crashes whenever clicking the sim half inning/inning buttons while playing out games.
If you can post a trace file/and or Mac crash report from immediately after one of the crashes, it might help (though no guarantees, they're typically not as helpful with in-game crashes)

Same as my questions to others above, what are your system specs? Windows, Mac, Linux? Steam, standalone, Origin?

What other programs do you have running at the same time as OOTP?

What specific anti-virus, firewall, VPN are on your system? Does playing with these turned off change anything?

Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #14
ehencley
Minors (Single A)

Here is a trace file from my last crash. I updated video drivers the other day.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (221.5 KB, 1865 views)
ehencley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #15
JoeGoNets
Minors (Single A)

In-game crash --customizable players list button (checkmark)

I had a sudden in-game crash yesterday. I was in the eighth inning and went to look at pinch hitters on the substitution screen. I went to click off the "customizable players list" check box so I could look quickly at the versus LHP numbers. I did not used to use this screen when I played prior versions (didn't know it existed), but rather used to check individual batters for their handedness ratings. As soon as I hit the check mark, the game immediately crashed.

There were some injuries in-game, although not to my team. I doubt that such is a factor, but who knows?
JoeGoNets is offline   Reply With Quote