Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cannot save

I went to save my game tonight and was met with this error message

When I delete those files from the auto-save folder I get this error message:

and this error message

I currently have more than 20 GB of space on my hard drive and am wondering what I can do to fix this issue. I tried to save a copy of the game as a backup and was met with an error message for that as well.

This league was just a standard MLB quick start file that I have been playing since the beta started
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:27 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There may be permissions issues with the files in the folder. Are you running OOTP as an administrator? Can you try manually copying/moving/deleting the .dat files in the save game folder? Sometimes it can happen that Windows claims a lock on a file and you need to manually kick it a little for it to work again.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
roeddog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Matt & rockies fan
I am having the same problem reported earlier under my user name. I may have discovered the problem.
I installed the game on my laptop and tablet and have the problem on both. What I discovered is that the the files that should go into user\name\documents\out of the park developments\ootp20 are at installation going to c:\Documents\out of the park developments\oootp20 which in my case defaults to c:\onedrive\documents\out of the park developments\ootp20
So it appears that the game is looking for them in the correct place but the files are being installed somehow in the wrong place. ootp19 installed with no problems as did all previous iterations of the game. I would guess that at some point i or one drive changed my default save document parameters. I will try to figure out how to change this and see if that is actually the problem
regards,
JeffR

Ok so my Brainiac idea did not work. will keep looking for a solution

Last edited by roeddog; 03-20-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: update to problem
roeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There may be permissions issues with the files in the folder. Are you running OOTP as an administrator? Can you try manually copying/moving/deleting the .dat files in the save game folder? Sometimes it can happen that Windows claims a lock on a file and you need to manually kick it a little for it to work again.
I am able to copy/move/delete the .dat files, however, when I do that I either get error message #1 (when there are files in the auto-save folder) or get messages #2 & #3 (when the auto save folder is empty).

I ran it in admin without the newest patch and did not receive the same messages when trying to save. I don't know why my computer decided I wasn't an admin last night, but everything seems to be good?
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:50 AM   #5
eungar
Bat Boy

Hi Matt,

I just got the same error message as RockiesFan. My issue wasn't with the original beta version but rather with build 24 (the new one from today). I did not have an issue with the original version.
I am pretty sure that I am running the game as an admin and I have 150GB of free space on my c: drive. I also deleted the files from the auto-save but that hasn't resulted in success either.

Thanks
eungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

For anyone having this problem, can you post here and let me know the path you find if you open the game and go to settings > troubleshooting > open folder containing customizable data?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
roeddog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lukas,

File location for me is:
c:\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\data

In order to get the game to play I had to install it outside of c:\program files (x86). However, in the 4 previous install attempts the data file above was in the same location just add c:\Program Files(x86)…..

For some reason the game is not installing files to \user\documents\… for me like ootp19 and prior years has. I unlicensed and uninstalled 19 then reinstalled it and everything installed where it was supposed to be and ran fine. 20 does not
roeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #8
eungar
Bat Boy

Lukas,

For me, the file location is..
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\data

In the 2 previous versions of the game that I have puchased, I have had the exact same location for each of them.
Obviously, I cannot backup the game in this case either.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can you guys try this?

Open the game > Go to settings > troubleshooting and click on 'open folder containing app.cfg and engine.cfg

Click ok on the popup. Then in the folder that will open delete the file called paths.cfg

Close the window. Go back to OOTP and close the game.

Then restart and try again.

Do you have the same problem or is it fixed?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #10
eungar
Bat Boy

Thanks Lukas,

I am followed the instructions that you have laid out and now when closing the game after the deletion of paths.cfg the game is still giving me the error message.
After the game closed, I reopened it, made a small change and tried to save it and continued to get the same error message.
I went back into the folder "folder containing app.cfg and engine.cfg" and that file is still deleted.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can you go to settings > expert and on custom data data, manually select the typical folder where the game had installed in the past, \user\documents\etc.

Create it if you have to. Restart the game.

Does that fix it?

Old 03-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
eungar
Bat Boy

I followed this and just did it over what I had in there. My saved game didn't automatically come up on the game but I know that I had some semblance of a backup. When going to the folder now I get the following error message.....
Attached Images
Old 03-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eungar View Post
I followed this and just did it over what I had in there. My saved game didn't automatically come up on the game but I know that I had some semblance of a backup. When going to the folder now I get the following error message.....
I think I forgot to mention it in the previous post, but you'll need to manually copy your saved games to the new folder, in Documents. They should load after you do that.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #14
turkeybird86
Minors (Single A)

Seems to have worked for me. Thanks Lukas!
turkeybird86 is offline   Reply With Quote