Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #21
noragar
Minors (Single A)

It happened to one guy for me this season. Oquendo, who I purchased from the Auction House mid-season (seems to be the common theme) lost his built up SS rating.

Vukovich, who lost his ratings last season, kept them this time around (presumably because he was on my team all year).
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #22
TwinsFan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan View Post
I had it happen to a Fred Lynn I purchased mid season and RF.
Fred Lynn got his RF back. Thanks to whomever is responsible!
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #23
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I had the reverse of this issue happen to me.

I bought the Lindor historic card (83 OVR) in the waning days of the season. He only had a positional rating at SS and only had career stats showing for the prior season (2020), not the current one (2021 at that time).

2022 starts and I find that he now is showing the stats he accrued from his previous team in 2021, including time spent at 3B. He also suddenly had a positional rating at that new position in the 30's (which seems about right for how long he had been playing there on his old team).

I figured I might as well pick up his training where the old team left off, so I moved him back to 3B from SS. I'm glad he had the surprise rating increase, but I would have planned things a little differently had I known it would be coming.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #24
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

I believe that was just the result of them fixing the previous bug - he always should have had those ratings
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #25
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

What's the current status of this?

Also, weren't improved position ratings as a result of experience supposed to show up on the auction house? I've got an 88 Jim Edmonds listed with moderate to strong ratings in right and left field (in addition to his normal CF), and at least on my end that experience isn't visible. It only displays his original CF rating. As I think about it, I'm not sure I've seen a single card on the auction house that has additional positional experience. Was this never implemented?

Edit: I canceled the auction just to see what would happen, and he still does have that positional experience, so that's good at least.

Last edited by ElementalKnight; 01-06-2019 at 07:33 AM.
ElementalKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 AM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalKnight View Post
What's the current status of this?

Also, weren't improved position ratings as a result of experience supposed to show up on the auction house? I've got an 88 Jim Edmonds listed with moderate to strong ratings in right and left field (in addition to his normal CF), and at least on my end that experience isn't visible. It only displays his original CF rating. As I think about it, I'm not sure I've seen a single card on the auction house that has additional positional experience. Was this never implemented?

Edit: I canceled the auction just to see what would happen, and he still does have that positional experience, so that's good at least.
I believe they'll still disappear for a little while after an auction, but they seem to reappear on a restart or after a sim or two. So I guess it's mostly working pretty well, but maybe still just a little wonky right after an auction, on occasion.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #27
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I believe they'll still disappear for a little while after an auction, but they seem to reappear on a restart or after a sim or two. So I guess it's mostly working pretty well, but maybe still just a little wonky right after an auction, on occasion.

That's helpful, thank you.

I want to follow-up on the second part of the question, though: Was it ever implemented that improved positional ratings because of experience transfer through the auction house? Because if so, they don't appear to be visible in the auction house when purchasing, which seems problematic to me.

I'm always trying to develop people at other positions, so this is important to me.
ElementalKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #28
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalKnight View Post
That's helpful, thank you.

I want to follow-up on the second part of the question, though: Was it ever implemented that improved positional ratings because of experience transfer through the auction house? Because if so, they don't appear to be visible in the auction house when purchasing, which seems problematic to me.

I'm always trying to develop people at other positions, so this is important to me.
Yes, they do transfer.

That being said, it makes sense that they might not show up in the AH, though, since I believe we pull that information from the server, not from the client. Not sure if we can somehow improve that in the future or if it's too difficult technically.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #29
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

From my experience with purchasing players, the stats and positional rankings earned in previous years do not show up until the next season begins, no matter when I purchase them in the AH. This happened most recently for me with a Buddy Bell card bought last August. No stats or experience, then the new year starts, and - BLAM! 4 years worth of stats and a small amount of experience at 2B that, according to career fielding stats, was earned in 2019.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote