Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:13 AM   #1
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

iNHL online league: initial issues

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks again for all your hard work and for delivering a great game to us, and in particular thank you for adding back online!

Secondly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place - if so, please move the thread to the appropriate section.

We are just getting started in the iNHL using the new software, and although we all agree that it is an upgrade to FHM2, there are some issues that we hope could get addressed at some point. Don't get me wrong, we are still having lots of fun, and none of these issues are too urgent or game-breaking, but if they could be fixed at some point that would make a great game even better. So, here are our initial observations. I have tried to rank them in order of importance, from my perspective.

Some GMs get "Error 201" while exporting
This seems to be the most important thing to address. Although GMs can send their teamfiles through other means, getting this sorted would be great for the administration of the league. Any indication as to what causes this error? Is there a way for GMs to fix this locally? I have also heard that this is an issue in other online leagues.

Disable mouseover player pop-ups centrally
This has been discussed previously (HERE) - we would like to disable player pop-ups from within the save file, in order to prevent unorthodox/unrealistic scouting methods.

Attributes of non-scouted players (scouting level E) can be seen by using the "Compare with" functionality
I am pretty sure this is not intended.

Training settings don't stick in teamfiles
Some GMs in our league want to set their training manually, but they are reporting that their training settings don't stick when getting the savefile back after a sim.

Cannot make lineup/roster changes from the commissioner account
This would be a huge help while simming. Currently, both when dealing with injuries and goalie sub-ins, the commissioner needs to switch between profiles to make these adjustments. In FHM2, it was possible to make lineup changes to all teams from the commissioner account. It would be great if that could be re-enabled, and what would be even better is if also roster moves (dress/scratch/promote/reassign players) could be made for all teams directly from the commissioner account.

Add back injury frequency setting
In some test sims, it has been noticed that injuries seem to occur a little too often. Although we don't want to turn injuries off completely, we would like to decrease the injury frequency if possible

Max ELC Free Agents always sign with the team that offered the contract first
In our FHM2 league, max ELC Free Agents (players offered 925k/70k contracts) would always sign with the first team, in alphabetical order, that offered them such a contract. Say that Columbus and Nashville both offered five players max ELC deals, all five would sign with Columbus. I believe this is because FHM imports teamfiles in a certain order. In my FHM5 tests, this seems to still be the case, or at least some variation of it. A player given several max ELC contract offers would always sign with the team from which I submitted the first offer. In FHM2, we solved this by trawling all teams' offers in Free Agency before simming ahead, and then hold lotteries for each player who received multiple max ELC offers. It would be great if such a lottery functionality could be created in-game, so that max ELC free agents don't always sign with with the same teams.

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE

Last edited by bjernagris; 10-30-2018 at 03:30 AM.
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

... no CSV exports ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjernagris View Post
Some GMs get "Error 201" while exporting
This seems to be the most important thing to address. Although GMs can send their teamfiles through other means, getting this sorted would be great for the administration of the league. Any indication as to what causes this error? Is there a way for GMs to fix this locally? I have also heard that this is an issue in other online leagues.
We fixed one issue that was causing those errors, but if it's still happening some of the time we'll need more details, since Error 201 is just a general indication that the connection failed, which has many possible causes. Do the guys getting the message have anything in common, e.g. particular systems, firewalls, AV, etc.?

Quote:
Max ELC Free Agents always sign with the team that offered the contract first
In our FHM2 league, max ELC Free Agents (players offered 925k/70k contracts) would always sign with the first team, in alphabetical order, that offered them such a contract. Say that Columbus and Nashville both offered five players max ELC deals, all five would sign with Columbus. I believe this is because FHM imports teamfiles in a certain order. In my FHM5 tests, this seems to still be the case, or at least some variation of it. A player given several max ELC contract offers would always sign with the team from which I submitted the first offer. In FHM2, we solved this by trawling all teams' offers in Free Agency before simming ahead, and then hold lotteries for each player who received multiple max ELC offers. It would be great if such a lottery functionality could be created in-game, so that max ELC free agents don't always sign with with the same teams.
Interesting, if I remember correctly there's supposed to be a small random element to the offer evaluation that should prevent that, but maybe multiplayer is breaking that somehow. We'll have a look at what's going on there.

Re: the other comments, some are on the bug list at the moment, others we'll consider once we start looking at new ease-of-use features after everything else is working properly.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:53 AM   #4
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

Perfect, thank you Jeff and the team for all your hard work.

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote