Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
lundy1024
Bat Boy

Fictional league no superstars?

I've played a few historical sims in the past on previous versions of OOTP. Currently, I am trying to set my own history in MLB with fictional players. I deleted the history and started in 1911 with the Washington Senators. I wanted everything to be the same up to the current time but with fictional players. I am currently in the 1940's and I have no player close to Babe Ruth or Joe DiMaggio or Tris Speaker as far as numbers. I have had no player hit over .400. I have a lot of good players, but no real superstars. Over the course of the year the league will put up really close to the number of home runs that they are supposed to put up in 1940 but since 1911 the homerun record is only 28. At this point, I would have liked to see someone get to 50 home runs at least.

My goal is to have super stand out numbers without increasing the total home runs that were actually hit in that year. All my players are about the same. I get a lot of players hitting 10 or 20 home runs and the league leader each year is about 25. How do you get variety? Am I missing some setting? This year the lead home run getter is only on pace for 17 home runs.
lundy1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
stevem810
All Star Starter

Not an expert on replay's and accuracy, yet, I would think you could adjust the HR setting if that is the only category that is off.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
lundy1024
Bat Boy

No Super stars

The league total for home runs is accurate, I just don't get any individual seperation. Right now the league is hitting 1000 home runs which is really close to the 1946 total but my leader is only going to hit 16.

However in 1946 Hank Greenberg hit 46. I have nobody who has hit more than 28 in 40 years.

In 1927 Babe Ruth hit 60. In my league Zach Lee hit 20
In 1932 Jimmie Foxx hit 58. In my league Jake Mackin hit 25.

I could keep going, there's some out liers in real life which is what I am hoping for but in my league I haven't gotten over 28 yet the TOTAL home runs which I can manipulate is actually right on.

In fact my historical accuracy for HR/AB is in the green every year.

For whatever reason the computer keeps generating very average players and I have few standouts in any category.
lundy1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

Are you using "automatically import player creation modifiers"? When I've used that setting, I tend to get very underwhelming results like what you're describing. It seems as if the system generates players based on league averages and doesn't create interesting outliers.

I recommend turning that off and set the player creation modifiers manually. I usually just put them to the default. I tend to get a greater variety of talent results. I leave automated league strategy and automated league totals modifiers turned on so players still play more like they did in a given era.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote