Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Photobucket Killed This Forum

Man.... just when I was uniform diving again. I'm sure all the uniforms I made are also no longer available.

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Photobucket accounts still exist. We just can't share individual images via link from the Photobucket site (for free).

But, yeah, it sucks. Time to find another image hosting site that'll allow for 3rd party sharing.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
abell1198
All Star Reserve

I just started an account with Imgur for my images.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

I am actually working on a new site to host files for this community. Hopefully, there is some interests. I have been a user of OOTPB and am sick of the free imaging sites. My site will be up in a few hours actually.
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
...But, yeah, it sucks. Time to find another image hosting site that'll allow for 3rd party sharing.

Agree that it sucks big time...

Now it is foreseeable what these image hosting sites that are free, can and in all likelihood will do at some point in the future... The same thing that Photobucket has just done to us, change their terms of use and screw us over...
I haven't decided what to do with all of my images, kind of just playing the wait and see game for now... For me it will be a ton of work to upload all of my stuff to another site, don't know if I am willing to put in the time to do that...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #6
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post

Agree that it sucks big time...

Now it is foreseeable what these image hosting sites that are free, can and in all likelihood will do at some point in the future... The same thing that Photobucket has just done to us, change their terms of use and screw us over...
I haven't decided what to do with all of my images, kind of just playing the wait and see game for now... For me it will be a ton of work to upload all of my stuff to another site, don't know if I am willing to put in the time to do that...
This for me too. Though, I'm not currently still posting stuff like you.

For right now I would imagine that using the OOTP boards image posting is the best way to do it even though it has it's limits.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Well, if anyone is interested my site will be http://www.simups.com. I am trying to organize it so that its a lot easier to use and not as horrific as Photobucket. I tried to download a few new leagues that other night and got sick of playing photo puzzles.
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell1198 View Post
I just started an account with Imgur for my images.
Yeah, I'm probably switching to imgur as well. The only downside is they don't provide a quick copy-paste link for forum use, but the hosting and organizing is good enough.

Still, finding a new hosting service isn't a huge deal. What kills me is that it broke the links to all existing images. So moving forward, we won't really have any issues. But all of the work done here in the past is basically gone. I highly doubt anyone's going to bother going through their old threads and changing every single link.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #9
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Yeah, I'm probably switching to imgur as well. The only downside is they don't provide a quick copy-paste link for forum use, but the hosting and organizing is good enough.

Still, finding a new hosting service isn't a huge deal. What kills me is that it broke the links to all existing images. So moving forward, we won't really have any issues. But all of the work done here in the past is basically gone. I highly doubt anyone's going to bother going through their old threads and changing every single link.
I used their Linked BBCode on one of my recent posts. Just hit the copy button and it performed just like Photobucket did. I'm fortunate that I didn't have a ton of images uploaded, but I know (because I've downloaded them) that many people do. You're right, it would be a pain to upload all of their images and then redo the links.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post

Thanks for the input. AIt isn't a perfect world nor solution, but adjusting the link in your sig is very helpful, perhaps with small font note that addresses the redirection, too. FWIW
Old 07-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #11
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell1198 View Post
I used their Linked BBCode on one of my recent posts. Just hit the copy button and it performed just like Photobucket did. I'm fortunate that I didn't have a ton of images uploaded, but I know (because I've downloaded them) that many people do. You're right, it would be a pain to upload all of their images and then redo the links.
The real downside to imgur is that it renames the files when you upload them.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:41 PM   #12
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
The real downside to imgur is that it renames the files when you upload them.
Yeah. I'm gonna zip up my complete sets to get around that, but for single images, it's a real pain.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #13
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

What really sucks is trying to read peoples mod posts or dynasty reports and all the graphics in the posts are blanked out by the third party icon.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #14
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I thought it was just people's accounts, not just photobucket in general. Then I noticed that it was everyone's and you have to "pay" to have that feature.

SUCKS.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #15
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I thought it was just people's accounts, not just photobucket in general. Then I noticed that it was everyone's and you have to "pay" to have that feature.

SUCKS.
Here's the thing - I get why they did it. They're a for-profit company, they wanted to make money, and they saw a black hole in their profits where people (like us) were eating up their bandwidth by using free accounts to share our uploaded images on third-party sites (disregarding the fact that that's what the site was originally advertised as, but I digress).

As I said above, though, what infuriates me is the breaking of all existing links. You want to charge me in order to let me share future uploads? Well, that sucks but I'd understand. But you break all of my existing links, going back through almost a decade of use, and basically hold them ransom until I give you money? Get the heck out of here.

They're banking on people being so frustrated at having to re-upload all their images that they'll just give in and pay to unlock them, and that's really deplorable.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-07-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #16
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Oh no! I've been getting logos here for years for my solo leagues.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #17
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Forgive my stupidity, but is it still possible to download peoples' existing albums from Photobucket for free? Photobucket wants me to set up an account to do so, and if it's a free account I'm willing to do it, but if the next thing is a demand for money, no thanks.

I thought about downloading a bunch of those justafan logos a few months back... now I'm kicking myself for not having done so.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
Forgive my stupidity, but is it still possible to download peoples' existing albums from Photobucket for free? Photobucket wants me to set up an account to do so, and if it's a free account I'm willing to do it, but if the next thing is a demand for money, no thanks.

I thought about downloading a bunch of those justafan logos a few months back... now I'm kicking myself for not having done so.
I can't attest to knowing all of the recent changes, but not so long ago, I used my account there to download full albums. The only annoying part was, even with an account, the continual popups.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Can you download from someone else's accounts? I thought I remember only being able to download from my own.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #20
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Can you download from someone else's accounts? I thought I remember only being able to download from my own.
I could. Maybe it's a matter of owner's settings or something. I may be mistaken as to who's work it was; it might have been silvam. But I'm awfully sure I downloaded albums, because it wouldn't let me unless I had an account or signed into my account. Of course, that was then- however long ago it was -and this is now. A lot may have changed.