Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

My Biggest Ever Endeavor Yet

I want to try to recreate the first 7 levels on the English Football Pyramid. That's from the English Premier League down to Regional Premier Divisions. I nearly recreated the first 6 levels successfully with the exception of the financial system. I have a few questions:

1. I know the game will run slower if it has to process more games on any given day, if I stagger the start dates of each league, they will all be ML leagues with different reputation, with the P/R feature still work efficiently?

2. What should my target "average profit" be when I set financials? In general for those who don't know the English football financials, the Premier League (level 1) get some and astronomically high amount of money. Levels 2-4 get a pretty decent amount of money. And levels 5-7 don't get much at all.

3. If I import actaul logos into the game, is there a funcion that allows to generate the teams colours based on the logo that I import? Or do I have to manually enter the colors AND logos myself?

4. Before the inaugural draft, is there a way I can set budgets, teams owners, market sizes and popularities?

5. Regarding saving the game when it's finished, every time I save the game and steam receives an update, my game crashes and it's no longer playable. I've created backups and still wasn't able to retrieve my game (2065 with my English football trial).

This is the biggest challenge to date and any info and tips are greatly appreciated!!!
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I've setup a fictional league using some of the EPL concepts... a few things I did / noticed after running about 10 seasons.

Assuming you have the leagues setup with a single division of however many teams you want at each level (I have 30 per league in mine, with 5 levels of varying reputations); if you have the pro/rel piece set to automatically run, it will promote the top X teams and relegate the bottom X teams (however many you select to move up/down).

Something I've tried to do to mirror some EPL parts is the lower tiers have a playoff system. The top team automatically gets promoted. Teams 2nd-5th also qualify for the playoffs. For the seeding, I set it so team 2 plays team 5; team 3 plays team 4. The winners of those play each other to determine who gets the second promotion spot. (just for fun, I also included the top team in the playoffs with a bye to the final round; so there is a 'championship' series between the two promotion teams, but both move up regardless). When it comes time for the pro/rel of teams, I handle that manually and pick the correct teams to promote from each level.

All five leagues are under a single association, which allows for a FA Cup style tourney; so you can include as many/few teams across all leagues as you want. I have it set to include all 150 teams seeded by their rank (so plenty of byes in the first round for the upper level teams).

All rookies enter as free agents (no draft). For the most part, the top talent gravitates towards the premier league; and many players will exercise an opt-out of their contracts if their team gets relegated to join the free agent market. I've found that some of the mid-level talent at the premier level will get traded to lower tier leagues (or sign as free agents), and really tear it up; so don't be shocked to see outrageous stats in the lower leagues (I had a guy bat .538 for a season in my 4th tier league one year).

For financials, I let the premier league use the default settings for a modern day major league. The lower leagues I just decreased by the factor of their reputation. 2nd tier has a rep of 7, so they get 70% of all the attendance/revenue/etc numbers of the premier league. 3rd tier has a rep of 5; so 50%. 4th tier has a rep of 3, so 30%; and 5th tier has a rep of 1, to 10%.

As far as editing/etc, as long as you are in commissioner mode, you can edit most anything, so if you want to change owners names/etc, you can go to the 'front office' part of each team and make your desired modifications. I've never looked at editing the market sizes/popularity/etc so not sure if that's an option in the front office (can't pull it up right now to check).
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote