Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:45 AM   #1
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

New league in the making -- Looking for associates

I have built what I think will be an interesting concept for a league. I am in the final stages before launching in a few weeks.

Before recruiting GM's to fill all the teams, I am looking for one or two OOTP experienced GM's who would be interested in joining me to form the Executive Committee for my league. Of course, that person or these two would also get their own franchise.

What I think is most important to catch your attention here is that the league will be built with fantasy players, fantasy teams, nothing from real life. You get to build your organization the way you want to. Players will all be fantasy.

So if you think you are up to the challenge of cooperating in starting a new league, email me at commish@pbcaootp.com

Last edited by PBCA Commish; 11-11-2015 at 09:29 AM.
PBCA Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Should I post more info about the project in order to catch the attention of prospective GM's to join the Executive Committee for my league?
Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

I might be interested.
However, I really wouldn't want a team. I generally only play solo leagues anymore.

If you wouldn't mind send me a link to your rules and SOP's.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCA Commish View Post
I have built what I think will be an interesting concept for a league. I am in the final stages before launching in a few weeks.

Before recruiting GM's to fill all the teams, I am looking for one or two OOTP experienced GM's who would be interested in joining me to form the Executive Committee for my league. Of course, that person or these two would also get their own franchise.

What I think is most important to catch your attention here is that the league will be built with fantasy players, fantasy teams, nothing from real life. You get to build your organization the way you want to. Players will all be fantasy.

So if you think you are up to the challenge of cooperating in starting a new league, email me at commish@pbcaootp.com
There's nothing new or different about an online fictional league, there are literally hundreds of them in operation already. You'll need something a little more dynamic if you want to stand out from the crowd and get people's attention.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
There's nothing new or different about an online fictional league, there are literally hundreds of them in operation already. You'll need something a little more dynamic if you want to stand out from the crowd and get people's attention.
I have browsed a lot of the leagues that are active right now, whether they are real or fictional, and although most of the rules eventually come to the same thing for regular managing, I have two ideas about team/league setup that I have yet to find aywhere.

I'm not saying I want to emerge from the pack or be a special league, because anyone running a league here can say their league is the best from what they have setup. I just want to launch and have one or 2 experienced GM's by my side to eventually help me run things smoothly.

I know for a fact that fictional leagues do not appeal to all OOTP fanatics, but obviously, if I can find one or two that prefer fictional over real leagues, then we'll be able to start up soon enough!
Old 11-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCA Commish View Post
Should I post more info about the project in order to catch the attention of prospective GM's to join the Executive Committee for my league?
I would definitely post some of your ideas - that could get some response from people with similar interests.

Mainly, what will be different about your league?

What will make it attractive to a potential owner?

Mostly, discuss your concept.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 11-12-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #7
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

Good suggestions Bluenoser....as always lol
Old 11-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
bradyisbatman
Bat Boy

Interested in being an owner

Hey, I've been playing ootp16 since it came out and I am very interested in joining my first online league. I've figured out how the game works on solo files but i am very interested in playing in a online league especially a fictional one. I am prepared to be very active and committed to my team.
bradyisbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I would definitely post some of your ideas - that could get some response from people with similar interests.

Mainly, what will be different about your league?

What will make it attractive to a potential owner?

Mostly, discuss your concept.
Would suck to have my ideas "stolen" and used in another league before I actually launch...lol...but here goes.

Basically, teams would have a budget with 9 figures to start. With that budget, they would: build a stadium, define their team budget, fan loyalty, market size, city, logo, etc. If a GM was to quit, the replacement GM would do the same thing except for the team budget, which would have to stay the same from what the previous GM had.

24 team league with 4 divisions. Each season divisions get realigned by having the 4 division winners participate in a "Team draft" to "build" their division for the upcoming season.

From looking around at many many leagues, I have not found anything similar. Might have been done before, don't know.. I've been running a sim hockey league for 15 years / 20 seasons and the division realignment is one of the cool aspects of my league which defines it from other leagues. I thought it would be cool to bring that to a baseball league. I was in an OOTP league that had promotion/demotion from league to league all depending on your previous season's record, but what I'm going to do is different.

I already have a website, forum and chat room ready as well as a Constitution with basic stuff that I picked left and right from different leagues (credited in the Constitution document). League is pretty much ready to run. I have set it up with ML, AAA, AA, A, R, as well as college and HS feeders for future drafts. All fictional players are ready to be signed/drafted. I was thinking of doing a 5 round inaugural draft and then free agency on a day to day sim calendar to fill most of the teams. Then when preseason hits, automatically fill all the team's empty spots in order to start spring training.

There is still some tweaking to do before launching officially, which is why I wanted to have one or 2 experienced OOTP fanatics join the league and form an Executive Committee to help me around with the final setup and eventually league operations/supervision once the league starts.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Interest in joining?
Old 11-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyisbatman View Post
Hey, I've been playing ootp16 since it came out and I am very interested in joining my first online league. I've figured out how the game works on solo files but i am very interested in playing in a online league especially a fictional one. I am prepared to be very active and committed to my team.
Will keep you on the waiting list and message you when ready to recruit GM's.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #11
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

I would have the inaugural draft run for maybe a few more rounds and then auto complete in order to keep the payrolls in line. Having 6 or 700 players available to sign as free agents will sky rocket team salaries. Just my opinion.... Otherwise your concept sounds interesting.
HSBL - Dodgers
Grandbudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
USF
All Star Starter

Good luck with the league. Like any league I have experienced if the Commish is dedicated the league will work.

You have a lot of experience to run a league. Its hard to find good GMs in OOTP to join a league so that will be your single largest challenge.

Don't worry about stealing ideas! This is why there is a forum and why there is a great community of OOTP players. Sharing ideas/methods and help is a great way to learn. I doubt anyone will start up the same league as you to compete. Remember you probably got some ideas by looking at the other leagues too!

Share the website, share the constitution, show that you are organized and committed to make this work and players will be interested. One thing you have going for you is the turnover of others leagues of late. A few of them fall by the waste side for various reasons each year and leave owners looking for alternatives.

OOTP is a great game!

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #13
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

League setup is in final stages. Should be able to announce a launching date during the next week.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
StarlinCastro
Bat Boy

I would like to own a team in the league as well.
StarlinCastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #15
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlinCastro View Post
I would like to own a team in the league as well.
Just need to finalize the install for StatsLab then I will be ready to announce the opening of the league.

Keep looking here, I will be posting a new thread when GM recruitment opens up!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:09 PM   #16
Shaka
Bat Boy

My friend and are interested in this league. I'll keep tabs on the page.
Shaka is offline   Reply With Quote