Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs down Injuries are such a joke ^^

Have played Three games with the Habs (one running)since the new beta patch came out, and every time i get plenty of injuries, mostly from my defenders .... that can't be right.
Played only 7 games in the current season, and have already Subban, Murray, Nygren, Emelin, Gionta, Moen and a newly traded Roussel injured (Murray twice already ) ..... Realistically it would have been Markov (just joking)
Who's next, Price and Plekanec ?

Some will answer that i could tweak the injuries in commissioner mode but i decided to play the game as it is without any tweaking.

You could say it is bad luck, and i could accept that but this happens in every game, and always with key players !!!
Posted in the bug thread
Old 10-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I have very rarely had that many injuries in a short amount of time. Remember one thing, the more someone is on the ice, the bigger chance that they will get hurt but this is also a very small sample size of games to determine anything.

I know with OOTP baseball, I would always put injuries 1 step lower than they had set but a lot of times, this makes far too many players play a full season.

My biggest gripe about injuries isn't so much the amount of them but the length.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Well, i 'm now 25 games int the season, and i got far less injuries, but still it often is defensemen getting injured, 3 or 4 weeks every time .... it seems that it occurs more at the beginning of the season ...
.... but as you pointed out i didn't play that many games to make it a statement that it actually is that bad for everybody in every type of games ... maybe Habs players indeed are more injury prone (after all IRL three defensemen are presently injured, Drewiske, Emelin and Murray ^^)

Anyway in my game i am top of the league with best defense so that doesn't affect me that much (hoping Price stays healthy, 7 SO already !)
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Vikke

Look at the Flyers last year. Incredible amount of injuries, especially on the D-core.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

You can change injuries in league setting or something. I changed that to 1,05 and injuries are just fine. I just played season one and there was maybe two d-man injured at the same time. Looks good and ofcourse some players gets injured alot like real life.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

changing it is fine but how are the games played at the end of the season? That is the big thing for me. If you have way too many people that play every game, there is a problem
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
changing it is fine but how are the games played at the end of the season? That is the big thing for me. If you have way too many people that play every game, there is a problem
Yes, and also, i want a game that i can play without tweaking anything from start, i mean that is for me the least i can expect !!
Out of principal i decided to play the game as it is and try to evaluate how realistic/fun/addictive it is

But ok maybe i overreacted when i saw all of my top D-men being injured, and maybe that it is not a problem ! i will see when playing a bit longer
Old 10-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Come on man

New game and still crazy injuries of my tip D-Men

4ad2ffb9d67357d18752b8fb46ffcc8c.png

And don't tell me to tweak the injuries as i've decided to play the game as it is .....
are the defensemen more injury prone than the offensive players ?
are the canadien players more injury prone ?

that sucks, only 7 games in the season lol !

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-13-2013 at 08:41 AM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote