Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 04-30-2023, 07:05 PM   #121
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
PFF has all their draft grades in a free article

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-...r-all-32-teams
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:02 AM   #122
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

I read an article about Lewis that his hype started from a tweet that no one can trace to anyone for sure. That got the "draft stock rising" bandwagon going but none of the teams really considered him a first round option, so he got to sit there in the green room all day based on bogus hype.

I have always hated the "draft stock rising" and "draft stock falling" BS, when none of the teams are going to tell the truth about their plans or evaluations.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:22 AM   #123
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Cam Newton was a winner at least. I mean think about it, this guy was a starting QB on an SEC team that barely qualified for a bowl game. Do you know how hard it is to be in the SEC & not make it to a bowl game? Newton was a Heisman winner & National champion.

As I said earlier, if this guy hits the entire Gator coaching staff should be given the pink slip.
Cam Newton's pro record is 75-68. Not exactly HoF material.

A college QB's record, in a LOT of cases, is a product of the team they're on. I can't see ANY 'Bama QB losing 6 games a year.

Cam Newton threw 292 passes. FOR HIS ENTIRE COLLEGIATE CAREER. SMH....Cam Newton might be the most over-rated QB in recent history.

Last edited by dsvitak; 05-01-2023 at 11:27 AM.
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 12:30 PM   #124
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
Cam Newton's pro record is 75-68. Not exactly HoF material.

A college QB's record, in a LOT of cases, is a product of the team they're on. I can't see ANY 'Bama QB losing 6 games a year.

Cam Newton threw 292 passes. FOR HIS ENTIRE COLLEGIATE CAREER. SMH....Cam Newton might be the most over-rated QB in recent history.
I was referring to Cam's collegiate career. Which any reasonable person would have to admit was 20x's better than AR. And u can claim he is overrated, to match Cam he'd have to win an MVP and start a SB. This guy couldn't even get named conference honorable mention in college.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:31 PM   #125
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was referring to Cam's collegiate career. Which any reasonable person would have to admit was 20x's better than AR. And u can claim he is overrated, to match Cam he'd have to win an MVP and start a SB. This guy couldn't even get named conference honorable mention in college.
Newton had one great season. His NFL win-loss record, outside of that one season? 60 wins, 67 losses.

My statement stands.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:40 PM   #126
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

If you take out his wins, he’s winless!
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:35 PM   #127
pilight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Newton had one great season. His NFL win-loss record, outside of that one season? 60 wins, 67 losses.

My statement stands.
Wins and losses are still not a QB stat. Jimmy Garoppolo has the second best winning percentage of any active QB with 40+ starts. He's not the second best QB in the league.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:28 PM   #128
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My statement stands.
And my statement stands, that no matter how bad you think Cam is, AR still has a long way to reach Cam's overrated success. No matter how overrated you think Cam is, AR did nothing in comparison to what Newton accomplished in college.

Only a hater would argue otherwise.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-01-2023, 09:09 PM   #129
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Newton is not an all-time QB. But he did win an MVP and lead a team to the SB.
That is a pretty short list.

If you were to draft any QB and be assured you were going to get an MVP out of them then you would probably take it.

Will any of this years QB class win an MVP? Chances are they will not.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:35 PM   #130
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Newton is not an all-time QB. But he did win an MVP and lead a team to the SB.
That is a pretty short list.

If you were to draft any QB and be assured you were going to get an MVP out of them then you would probably take it.

Will any of this years QB class win an MVP? Chances are they will not.
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say about comparisons. For anyone to look at Cam & AR's production up to this point and see 2 peas in a pod is ludicrous. I've never seen a QB like Richardson come in w/such a flimsy resume garnished w/so much attention & admiration. Tebow should feel insulted I compared AR to him.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-01-2023, 10:08 PM   #131
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say about comparisons. For anyone to look at Cam & AR's production up to this point and see 2 peas in a pod is ludicrous. I've never seen a QB like Richardson come in w/such a flimsy resume garnished w/so much attention & admiration. Tebow should feel insulted I compared AR to him.
Richardson's best case is probably Josh Allen. He is the only QB I can think of who came into the league that was inaccurate and then became accurate.

But that has happened exactly once.

On the plus side, he is more athletic than Allen.
On the downside, he is probably even less accurate.

I don't want to see anyone fail. I wish Richardson all the success in the world.
I just don't see it. And that is a huge gamble with the #4 pick.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:50 PM   #132
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Richardson's best case is probably Josh Allen. He is the only QB I can think of who came into the league that was inaccurate and then became accurate.

But that has happened exactly once.

On the plus side, he is more athletic than Allen.
On the downside, he is probably even less accurate.

I don't want to see anyone fail. I wish Richardson all the success in the world.
I just don't see it. And that is a huge gamble with the #4 pick.
Even w/Allen, you could point to the roster & Wyoming weather as an excuse. Again, AR produced like he did w/an SEC roster in Florida.

I don't want to see him fail either. Best wishes to him. Like I said, if this guy becomes a starting QB for multiple seasons, the Florida staff needs to be fired. They don't know how to coach.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-02-2023, 08:40 AM   #133
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Like someone else said, wins and losses are not a QB stat. Sometimes MVP can be very team dependent. That said, I wouldn't put Newton and Richardson in the same sentence.

But right now Richardson has a bad start. The Colts aren't that good. He needs a stacked team with good wideouts and offensive line. Use him to run the ball effectively. Make him pass against run defenses and it won't matter how good of a passer he is. He'll have success.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:12 PM   #134
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Like someone else said, wins and losses are not a QB stat. Sometimes MVP can be very team dependent. That said, I wouldn't put Newton and Richardson in the same sentence.

But right now Richardson has a bad start. The Colts aren't that good. He needs a stacked team with good wideouts and offensive line. Use him to run the ball effectively. Make him pass against run defenses and it won't matter how good of a passer he is. He'll have success.
I found Newton's win/loss stats on his personal page...
Old 05-02-2023, 10:23 PM   #135
pilight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Allen is still below average in accuracy. He's a career 62% passer in a 64% league.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:31 PM   #136
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Allen is still below average in accuracy. He's a career 62% passer in a 64% league.
--------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatgpt
There have been several successful quarterbacks since 2000 who have had lower completion percentages than the NFL average. Here are a few examples:

Ben Roethlisberger - Roethlisberger, who has played for the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2004, has a career completion percentage of 63.5%, which is below the NFL average. However, he has won two Super Bowls with the Steelers and has been selected to six Pro Bowls.

Eli Manning - Manning, who played for the New York Giants from 2004 to 2019, had a career completion percentage of 60.3%, which is also below the NFL average. However, he won two Super Bowls with the Giants and was named the MVP of both Super Bowl victories.

Cam Newton - Newton, who has played for the Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, and Houston Texans since 2011, has a career completion percentage of 59.6%, which is significantly below the NFL average. However, he was named the NFL MVP in 2015 and led the Panthers to Super Bowl 50.

Michael Vick - Vick, who played for the Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh Steelers from 2001 to 2015, had a career completion percentage of 56.2%, which is well below the NFL average. However, he was known for his speed and athleticism, and was selected to four Pro Bowls.

While completion percentage is an important statistic for quarterbacks, it's not the only factor in evaluating their performance. Other factors such as touchdowns, interceptions, yards per attempt, and team success are also important.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:57 AM   #137
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I found Newton's win/loss stats on his personal page...
I don't get what you mean by Cam Newton being overrated. Who's overrating him? He was a decent QB. All decent to good QBs are dependent on their supporting cast.

The types like Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, Lamar Jackson, and their ilk will, and can do very well when the deck is stacked in their favor. Because they are capable quarterbacks. Once that edge evaporates, they come back down to earth. Cam Newton is no different.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote