Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-09-2023, 10:22 AM   #1
ldambrosa
Minors (Single A)

Issue with draft-eligible rookies showing up with service time

I've attached a data set: sFBL 1876 v4.1.5.zip

Setup: Fictional game, started in 1876, using random players
I will frequently import minor leaguers, either directly to teams or as free agents. However, I am importing them into the year they actually debuted, so do not have the below issue with these minor leaguers

I have the issue with Negro league players that I am import into the draft. I am using a database of all Negro leaguers, and randomize the import, so frequently I am importing Negro league players after their real debut.

If a Negro league player (i'd assume all minor leaguers) has real-life history prior to the year that he is imported, those real years show up in his service time even though he is imported as a draft-eligible rookie. Take a look at William Bell in the attached data set. He has many prior years' experience in real life. Although he shows up in a search as draft-eligible, if you go into edit mode, you see he has 16 years experience already. This will cause him to become a minor-league free agent, or be released, before he should have t be.

Also look at the draft-eligible Jim Abbott (not the retired one LOL). He shows up with 3 years experience (although he only had 2 in RL).

Please note this has been going on for many versions. I posted this same issue in December 2020, but didn't post the data files with it, so was ignored, I would guess.
ldambrosa is offline   Reply With Quote