Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:41 PM   #41
swede61
Minors (Double A)

also noted on PIT 2017 roster- a Daniel Ortiz AND a Danny Ortiz...very confusing
swede61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:44 PM   #42
M's rule
All Star Reserve

swede,

I don't know how your league is set up, but it seems like your players are being pulled from the historical database as well as the minor league database. That would explain why both Danny Ortiz and Daniel Ortiz exist--because he's called Danny in the MLB database and Daniel in the MiLB database.

This issue could also explain why ATL has two players named Albies, because one is the MLB "version" and the other is from the MiLB database.

It has long been known that using minor leagues and real historical transactions in the same league can lead to unfortunate results. If you can provide any more info about your league that might help figure things out, please do so.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:29 PM   #43
swede61
Minors (Double A)

That sounds logical, thanks for responding...

I have done other replays, where I successfully avoided using minor leagues, as I was just interested in an MLB replay, but not sure what happened on this one...maybe I missed the setting?

I specifically did not select "import and maintain real minor leagues"

Are there other settings I may not have controlled correctly here? If so, where?

Any help appreciated

Swede
Old 01-12-2022, 11:54 AM   #44
M's rule
All Star Reserve

swede,

It's a mystery to me. I can't think of any reason why the minor league database would be referenced if you didn't check the box to include minors in your league.

Yet, at the same time, there's no other way to explain how Daniel Ortiz (and one of the two players named Albies) got into the league.

I would love to get a look at your league file, if there's any way you can make it available to me. Any ideas for how to accomplish this?
Old 01-12-2022, 12:45 PM   #45
swede61
Minors (Double A)

M's-

Be happy to, but unfortunately not sure how would I do that?

Being that I am seeing rosters of all minor league teams of franchises, I'm wondering if I initially hadn't deselected minors, then tried to change it later, but to no avail...I'm thinking this is most likely my mistake, in the past. You have helped me understand what most likely occurred...I'm thinking maybe just delete this game, though frustrating for the immense amount of time spent on it...at least it brought to light some database errors, so there's that...

Thanks
Swede
Old 01-12-2022, 03:20 PM   #46
M's rule
All Star Reserve

I'm sure the file is too large to be attached to an email. If you have a dropbox account or some other way of sharing the file, maybe I could get a copy of it that way.

I can imagine how you might have accidentally checked the "use minors" box right at the start of league creation, when you might have been trying to check the "import history" box instead.

Unfortunately, once you have selected "use minors," there's no way I know of to undo that command. (You can delete any or all the minor leagues individually after the league has been created, but even if you do that, the players don't disappear--they go into the free agent pool.)
Old 01-17-2023, 09:36 PM   #47
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Strange happenings replaying end of 67 season

Noticed a lot of players "retiring" that shouldn't have been-

Had to go in and unretire them and reassign to teams..

Is this a known thing?

Also, recently started 94 replay- on APR 11 noticing that lineups are wrong in at least MIL @TEX and TOR @OAK- hadn't noticed this in games preceding...

Is this another known issue?
Old 01-17-2023, 09:41 PM   #48
swede61
Minors (Double A)

I am using historical lineups and transactions, though strangely that got unchecked while I was travelling home on a trip...thought that was the issue, so made sure settings were correct again, but still not getting correct lineups/pitchers...

But also, I seem to remember seeing somewhere, under "manage game" where you check out lineups, the line "starting pitchers and lineups successfully made" (or something close)when everything is running smoothly...right now, I'm not seeing anything to that effect

This is on OOTP23

Last edited by swede61; 01-17-2023 at 09:44 PM. Reason: omission
Old 01-17-2023, 11:12 PM   #49
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede61 View Post

Also, recently started 94 replay- on APR 11 noticing that lineups are wrong in at least MIL @TEX and TOR @OAK- hadn't noticed this in games preceding...

Is this another known issue?
On the Options & Preview screen, be sure you've selected Comparison: By Lineup rather than Comparison: By Positions. Otherwise, the lineups will appear to be incorrect.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 11:26 PM   #50
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede61 View Post
Strange happenings replaying end of 67 season

Noticed a lot of players "retiring" that shouldn't have been-

Had to go in and unretire them and reassign to teams..

Is this a known thing?
I'm not seeing mass retirements at the end of the 67 season. Can you list some of the players?
Old 01-18-2023, 12:24 AM   #51
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Sure-

Just on one date as an example, 9/19

retired; Steve Huntz, Les Rohr, Bob Moose

also that day, Tigers released Denny McLain, which may not have been a good decision ;D
Old 01-18-2023, 12:29 AM   #52
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

On 9/19, I see Huntz, Rohr, and Moose activated from the injured list. On that same day, I see McLain placed on the injured list. No retirements.
Old 01-18-2023, 09:19 AM   #53
swede61
Minors (Double A)

That's weird; for me it says "decided to retire", and "released Denny McLain"

I can't imagine what could be causing this? Also why the 94 lineups have gone haywire...I'd really rather not have to plug in every individual game lineup...
Old 01-18-2023, 09:21 AM   #54
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Im thinking this is settings related...since I do almost all transactions manually, I had tried to shut off IL transactions, but that messed things up...went back to prior settings, but I think this may be the issue..will know soon hopefully