Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 7 > FHM 7 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 7 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-11-2021, 06:17 AM   #241
bmason
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
Hey there,

What does (UT) stand for? I thought it might be under trained but its the middle of the season and it's on Gretzky.
Untouchable. If it's your player, no one will make a trade offer for him.
bmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:49 AM   #242
Dp-1980
Bat Boy

Help - protectes list

Please help me figure it out, otherwise it will be a pity to throw off the dynasty from the beginning of Gordie Howe's career. Writes has too many players on the protected list - there are too many players on the protected list. Usually the list was given out automatically, but now I can't figure out what to do.

1962 - 1963 I have 18 people on my protected list, 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders and 10 forwards. I press the continuum to continue, and again the sign pops up too many players, and there is no way to skip the day.

Usually a page would pop up automatically: protected players on top, but not on the bottom. And now the roster page. I've already done less than 18 people, cleaned up the jersey against the players. Nothing helps. It's a shame I've already played so much. And I can't go back, the way I've been preserved.
Dp-1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #243
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dp-1980 View Post
Help - protectes list

Please help me figure it out, otherwise it will be a pity to throw off the dynasty from the beginning of Gordie Howe's career. Writes has too many players on the protected list - there are too many players on the protected list. Usually the list was given out automatically, but now I can't figure out what to do.

1962 - 1963 I have 18 people on my protected list, 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders and 10 forwards. I press the continuum to continue, and again the sign pops up too many players, and there is no way to skip the day.

Usually a page would pop up automatically: protected players on top, but not on the bottom. And now the roster page. I've already done less than 18 people, cleaned up the jersey against the players. Nothing helps. It's a shame I've already played so much. And I can't go back, the way I've been preserved.
Rosters and Protection Lists are two different things. You need to go to the Protected Tab (you can see it from your roster screen), right click on some players and release their rights. These can be former players, draft picks, etc.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:14 PM   #244
Bagpiper
Bat Boy

Trade Block Question

If we put someone on the trade block, does that affect their happiness in-game? When I look at the manual on happiness, it does not say anything about losing happiness being put on the block.

I am in an online league where we use our message board channel for trade blocks and discussion. I would like to try and move to everyone using the in-game trade block but don't want to mess up happiness levels if officially throwing them on the block can decrease happiness.

Last edited by Bagpiper; 10-19-2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: update to first sentence
Bagpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:08 PM   #245
redtiger7
All Star Starter

In any given scouting region is it better to hire one expensive scout with spectacular ratings, or several cheap scouts with so so ratings? Both drive the scouting rating up
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:08 PM   #246
OldManOntario
Bat Boy

Is it still possible to manually retire numbers in historical mode? I no longer see the option to edit the team.
OldManOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:41 AM   #247
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

FHM8 Question

Will the "import picture" be back for FHM 8? I miss making head and shoulder photos for the players and GM. Is it perhaps available on the Steam version?
Never mind. redtiger solved my problem by pointing out the obvious, that I somehow missed. All pre-ordered and ready to go.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-25-2021 at 05:49 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:27 AM   #248
renojedi
Major Leagues

Can we edit player histories yet like we can in OOTP?
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #249
Ilkka Scora Goala
Bat Boy

Unhappy - wrong level goalie

I have a goalie (scouts says he is a 0.5 star with 3 star upside.). I played him in ECHL and AHL and he is unhappy. He hasn't performed well at either level but is a 0.5 star now. Where does he want to play? Is ECHL "too low?" Is AHL "too high?" or does he think he is NHL material now? He is 23.
Ilkka Scora Goala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:21 PM   #250
Xavier's Crown
Minors (Single A)

Shop Player

One of the features that I like is "Shop Player"
It would be really nice if this option was available from the trade tab. Ideally I'd like to be able to retain on certain players (for example 50% on Sean Monahan) and offer him up to the entire league with retention. Assuming that's what will happen in real life this season.

Right not when I shop him (via trade options when you right click on him) I get no one interested as his 6.375 cap hit is too high for most teams. However, I bet their would be a few takers if we retained and were offering him for 3.19M
Xavier's Crown is offline   Reply With Quote