Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Juggernt
Major Leagues

Fan Sophistication

In addition to there being a Fan Loyalty rating, maybe create or roll in fan sophistication. In the Free Agent era, even the most rabid fans understand that players bolt for bigger money. They generally hold it against the player as opposed to the team losing him, which isn't reflected in OotP.

More sophisticated fans would understand the nature of the modern game, and your loyalty rating wouldn't drop so much when star goes for big dollars or, the one that bugs me even more, is the popular player whose career is clearly over getting cut, not retained. I just had an older player who had a good career, but his ERA (after coming back from long injury) was over 11.00. You should lose too much for dropping a player like that, at least with a good fan base.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Totally on board for this one. Fan sentiment outranks simple logic far too often. Just because a guy's popular, doesn't mean I should lose attendance when I decide to release a 41-year old hitting .150 as a sub/pinch hitter, even if he did hit .320-40-120 a few years back.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote