Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 02-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #61
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

1. Sure. The best time to do this is when the game asks you to re-import your file at the end of the month's matches. You can also import extra boxers when your game asks you to randomly generate one guy and export your .csv file. In the second case, though, please be advised that if you import an even number of boxers the program will ask you to import one more guy.

2. That's actually a pretty important date, yes. I should probably label it. That's the current date of your universe. You probably don't want to change it because one of the things the game does is it looks at the last fight a boxer had and if it's a year ago, you lose 25% of your BoxRec rating (I need to change this to 18 months and a bigger dip per the actual BRRs but that's another story). Once I get the individual player screen set up, all the matches a guy has competed in will, of course, be arranged by date.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #62
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
This is pretty friggin awesome.

A few features I'd like to see implemented:

-The ability to break up fighters into groups so that you could simulate organizations. Would make things a little easier.
It's on the list! Well, maybe...

One thing I really, really want to implement in the near future is that local - region - larger region - world hierarchy I talked about in my "to do" post. Once I get that in the game, I then plan on having the world have several different larger regions (North America, Asia, etc.), which in turn each have several regions (the West, the Northeast, the South, Mexico), which in turn each have several local areas (New York, Philadelphia, Boston).

What you are asking for, I think, is a little different than that and I think that will probably be one of the last things I try to get into here. If by "organizations" you mean groups like the IBF, WBC, and WBO, eventually I want to create groups like that which have their own unique ranking of boxers based on their BRR and the group's relationship with that boxer, which will be influenced by agreeing/refusing to take a fight against a contender in their eyes, bribing them, and so on.

Quote:
-Perhaps a way to set all fighters to fight a certain group of fighters like the tomato cans or something. I had a game with 200 fighters and 120 wanted to fight that month; it was a bit annoying to have to set up 60 guys.
Once you get your first group of guys past the beginning stage you'll be able to use the TOMATO_CAN searchy thing in the match list. That'll pull up the worst 5 boxers who are willing to fight that month. As noted, it's also a good tool for beginning leagues because what it actually does is rank guys thusly:

1. The worst fighters in your uni who are Pre-Prime or better.
2. If you don't have 5 Pre-Prime fighters yet, the remainder of the slots will be filled by beginners in random order.

That means that if you don't have *any* Pre-Prime fighters, you can just choose TOMATO_CAN to pull up random opponents.

Quote:
-Allow for fight cards of different amounts of fights.
Right now the program will just set up 6-card fights in order until it has less than six boxers. And right now the cards just list guys in the order that they chose fights. Eventually I'm going to create a "purse" variable which I'll then use to sort the bouts and make it so that the top fights are at the top of each fight card.

Quote:
And of course it'd be awesome if we could save in the middle of setting up fight cards for the month.
Yeah, TBH that might be a little ways off, as currently the bouts themselves aren't part of the universe I've been saving (which is probably an encapsulation issue too but yeah...).

Quote:
That's all I got for now. Awesome mod man.
Thanks!
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 03-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #63
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

New alpha build! This one includes adds two things:

1. Clicking on a boxer from the main screen pulls up a new window which lists his previous fights as well as other events which may have happened in his career, such as his debut date.

2. Now that I have a place where you can look at special events that happened to boxers, I've implemented part of Lee's injury/event table. These particular events occur as a percentage chance based on how many knockdowns and cuts you input for a given boxer and range in severity from the boxer in question going into a coma post-fight and dying (please note: as of right now, the program doesn't have a way to edit your export file, so you'll have to manually retire him if this event occurs unless you want a zombie in your league in 10 years) to failing his post-fight physical and missing an extra month as a result.
Attached Files
File Type: xml publish.zip.xml (307.1 KB, 417 views)
Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #64
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #65
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

A couple things I've seen/would like to be added:

1. After adding the knockdowns and cuts from a fight card and submitting the results, the boxes don't clear back to 0. I fear I'd make a mistake at one point and think that I already did a fight because it's KD and cut sections were logged.

2. It'd be cool if the amount of rounds for fights could stick, as I use the same amount of rounds for each of the specific fights of a fight card for every fight card. Not sure about others though, so this might not be very helpful in the end.

Nice job though man. Thoroughly enjoying using this.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #66
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
A couple things I've seen/would like to be added:

1. After adding the knockdowns and cuts from a fight card and submitting the results, the boxes don't clear back to 0. I fear I'd make a mistake at one point and think that I already did a fight because it's KD and cut sections were logged.

2. It'd be cool if the amount of rounds for fights could stick, as I use the same amount of rounds for each of the specific fights of a fight card for every fight card. Not sure about others though, so this might not be very helpful in the end.

Nice job though man. Thoroughly enjoying using this.
Done and done. Actually, instead of just making the number of fights stick, I added a combo box down at the bottom of the Results screen that, if you change the number of rounds there, it'll change the rounds for every bout on that card.

I also quashed a bug that blew up the program if you tried to import new boxers at the end-of-month stage, so, um, use this build.
Attached Files
File Type: xml tbcbmanager.zip.xml (338.0 KB, 563 views)
Old 03-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #67
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Just figured I'd update to say I'm still working on the latest build... the plan now is that I'm refactoring it a bit so that you can save it in the middle of matchmaking and bout-building. To that end, I've also added a button on the bout results screen which allow you to direct the program to the HTML file TBCB can generate with results instead of having to input absolutely everything by hand. So far I've only gotten it set up with 6-fight cards, but the way the program generates things that represents the majority of cards anyway. I think that should drastically reduce the amount of time spent on that screen. Basically, all you'll have to enter in are the times guys were knocked down and/or cut, which is optional anyway. You end up having to travel to a separate page to see the cut/KD info and it's not laid out as automatically as it is in the main boxer page but... I'll see what I can do about that, too.

Due to the refactoring, previous saves won't work with this build. Sorry! Anyway, after this build is finished I'm going to start expanding the project to work with the hometowns and larger regions thing I was talking about earlier.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #68
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

How have I missed this thread lately? Well done to Syd for his efforts, will download this later.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #69
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Yes. Hardy congratulations to brother Syd for all his efforts at improving the Title Bout experience. If only Andreas and his team could have the free time to devote to similar pursuits.

Three cheers for Syd!

Cap
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #70
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Great work! Thank you for your efforts.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #71
mellifluous
Minors (Single A)

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't get this to open. No matter what I do or which browser I use, I can't get my computer to save it as anything other than an .xml file. Once I save it as an .xml file, I can't change the type or get it to extract with my unzip program.

Please help. I'm really excited about this.

I figured it out with the help of Google.

Last edited by mellifluous; 03-23-2012 at 01:43 PM.
mellifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #72
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I haven't forgotten about this, really! It just, um, went on the back burner while OOTP came out and took up my time. Well, that and I've been pretty busy... EXCUSES EXCUSES. Anyway, the latest update is this: I'm working on refactoring the game to allow you to save during the matchmaking and results-getting portions of the game. As you might imagine by the word "refactoring", this is mildly heady stuff and will take a while to churn through.

Once I'm done with that, I've outlined my next step, which will be to introduce hierarchies to the universe system, a concept I think I've explained earlier on in here.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #73
bear
Global Moderator

Thanks, for the update.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #74
ttj0001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having a little trouble with this. When I go to import my .csv, I get this message.
"Unhandled exceptions has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Also, when I finish recording the results and export the .csv again, I can't schedule new bouts. The "choose fights" button is greyed out, and the schedule and record bouts button will just schedule the same bouts as last month.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
ttj0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #75
Harryny
Bat Boy

my hat is off to you too!
Harryny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #76
igor7111
Minors (Double A)

I know I'm a few years late to the party, but is this exceptional looking mod still available? I downloaded the most recent version but I have no clue on what to do with it. Help anybody?
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #77
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Hey Syd any news on this cool little program?
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #78
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttj0001 View Post
I'm having a little trouble with this. When I go to import my .csv, I get this message.
"Unhandled exceptions has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Also, when I finish recording the results and export the .csv again, I can't schedule new bouts. The "choose fights" button is greyed out, and the schedule and record bouts button will just schedule the same bouts as last month.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
I am getting that as well. Shame to, I was really looking forward to using it.

Last edited by McClearyMauler; 09-06-2013 at 06:33 AM.
McClearyMauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #79
Mr Foo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I take it this died a death?
Mr Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:49 PM   #80
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Sorry. I literally haven't played the game in years. I did just re-download it and am looking at perhaps updating but I can't make any promises.