Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Creating Players not working correctly?

I have created various Fictional Players....some for the Amateur Draft and some as International Free Agents eligible for the draft.

So far, I've only gotten one, Joo-Il Yi to show up. I selected the 75% fully formed option. He 'came in' as a 20/20. When I clicked on the Scouting Tab, it showed him as a potential 76???

Why doesn't this show on the main screen?

Also, I created 3 American Pitchers and 4 Latin Pitchers FULLY formed and eligible for the Amateur Draft TWO YEARS IN A ROW, yet they haven't shown up anywhere.

A Player search shows player not found. I wrote down their names, but nothing showed up.

I am starting to really get frustrated with this game.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Leefoo
Major Leagues

A little more info....

I created FOUR players...two batters and two pitchers. I made the 75% formed and not eligible for the draft.

The batters, a SS and CF we rated 56/78 and 62/79 repectively.

The two pitchers, both starters, show as 20/20, yet, in their scouting reports, show as 20/77 and 20/76.

Why isn't their potential rating showing on the main roster screen and why isn't their current rating somewhat similar to the SS and CF I created?

If I have to look in the scouting report for each and every pitcher's rating in my org, I am dumping this game. That is WAY too much work. This game seemed to have lots of potential, but this is exasperating.

I am now quitting until I hear really good advice on what is going on here. I have OOTP 15 on pre-order but am really leaning towards cancelling that
order.

Lee Foo
Old 03-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I have never seen the issues you are running into. I am wondering if something went wrong in league creation or during download.
I would uninstall and reinstall the game. I am not a huge solo player but I am on these boards almost daily and I cannot remember this coming up before. I feel for you, this is a really fun game and the problems you are having sound very frustrating.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

This has to be user error or something that is deviating from the normal method for creating players. I just created a new league, went into the draft pool for the inaugural draft and then later the amateur draft, and I successfully created players of various types. They all appeared immediately in the draft pool.

Are you using the setting to make sure that the players are tagged as eligible for the next draft? If not, then they will be in your free agent pool. Are you using the setting to set the proper destination league?

As far as why they are not showing up in your game at all, I can't help you with that. To my knowledge, there are no known bugs or issues with this aspect of the game, and there are thousands of people using it.

Also, you should read the manual sections on scouting and get familiar with the differences between OSA scouting and your own scouts, along with the timing of scouting reports and why you may sometimes see differences between scouting reports created at different times or appearing on different screens. The accuracy depends entirely on who is doing the scouting.

Normally things are very straight forward and it's not complicated. Everything is running smoothly on my end.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 03-25-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Charlie...i would be the first to think it was user error, but once I started having these problems, i carefully wrote down every step and am convinced I am doing it correctly.

Btw, i FINALLY got two pitchers and two batters to show, but, despite each being given 75%/100% formed ratings (one of each), the pitchers STILL showed up as 20/20 and the batters were just fine.

As I've stated elsewhere, I have never had problems with this in my historical replays. Just this 2013 (current day) and on season.

I thin the best solution IS to just start over. BTW, as I've stated elsewhere, i pretty much set things up 'out of the box' as I really don't know enough to mess with things.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Charlie...i would be the first to think it was user error, but once I started having these problems, i carefully wrote down every step and am convinced I am doing it correctly.

Btw, i FINALLY got two pitchers and two batters to show, but, despite each being given 75%/100% formed ratings (one of each), the pitchers STILL showed up as 20/20 and the batters were just fine.

As I've stated elsewhere, I have never had problems with this in my historical replays. Just this 2013 (current day) and on season.

I thin the best solution IS to just start over. BTW, as I've stated elsewhere, i pretty much set things up 'out of the box' as I really don't know enough to mess with things.
Keep asking questions here, you'll get up to speed in no time as the help is gr8 and plentiful.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You may want to turn off scouting. I think your problem with the ratings is that you're creating players based on certain stats or values that you enter, but then the players are being scouted by scouts in the game. Scouts are sometimes bad and will sometimes be very inaccurate in their assessments. They are not designed to be perfectly accurate.

If you turn off scouting, then the ratings you see will match the ratings you produced when you created the player, as long as you're generating the ratings correctly. Always be aware that, where OOTP says that you need to press ENTER after editing information, you literally have to do that or your changes will not be saved.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #8
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Charlie....I am creating players based on the template it provides. I am creating 75% and 100% players.

It works for the batters, but not the pitchers.....why? Who knows?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #9
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

Definitely sounds like a scouting issue.
MrWideFrame is offline   Reply With Quote