Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
NavalHistorian
Minors (Single A)

Ballpark Factors/Dimensions?

After a lot of frustration during my first Silver league season, I'm looking at ballpark factors and dimensions prior to the start of my second Silver league season in a couple hours. I turned over my roster a great deal after the All Star break last season because my defensive metrics were horrible. My pitching staff also gave up far too many HR last season. I ended up making the playoffs as a WC. Won the WC game and lost the division series 3-2.

I'm trying to win with pitching and defense this year.

Currently I've set my ballpark dimensions to what I think is extreme yet at least somewhat realistic for a real MLB park, (350 LL, LF 374, LC 423, CF 445, RC 423, RF 374 RL 350) with the exception of wall height. I've got a 40 ft. wall all the way around the park.

My ballpark factors are now an average of 1.1. LHB 1.1, RHB 1.1, Doubles 1.5, Triples 1.5. Home runs .900 overall.

Any opinions on whether I'm getting myself into trouble the way I've set up my ballpark given this offense and pitching staff? Kevin Brown was supposed to start for me last season but he ended up in the bullpen after several terrible starts and a .300+ BABIP. So I could move him into the rotation. Guidry ended up with a losing record last season but still posted a 3.06 ERA and a .273 BABIP. I'd auction the Babe Ruth card and get a better contact guy at DH but I need it for three collection missions.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by NavalHistorian; 03-08-2021 at 09:08 AM.
NavalHistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Dimensions are window dressing; only the factors matter. FWIW, those factors are what I've always used and I've had no problem with them. However, expect to have high ERA's (in a game with high ERA's even in pitcher's parks) With these factors I am routinely at the top of the charts in hitting. Hitting enhances PP generation. The biggest weakness I see in your team is that you are not spamming quick tournaments (or you are spamming and not winning any).

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
NavalHistorian
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Dimensions are window dressing; only the factors matter. FWIW, those factors are what I've always used and I've had no problem with them. However, expect to have high ERA's (in a game with high ERA's even in pitcher's parks) With these factors I am routinely at the top of the charts in hitting. Hitting enhances PP generation. The biggest weakness I see in your team is that you are not spamming quick tournaments (or you are spamming and not winning any).
Not winning any.
NavalHistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalHistorian View Post
Not winning any.
That's because you are playing cap tournaments. I stick with open iron and open bronze bo7's. Check out Angered_Unicorn twitch streams for information that will make anyone a winner (and earn Twitch drops on Tuesday afternoon).

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #5
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
That's because you are playing cap tournaments. I stick with open iron and open bronze bo7's. Check out Angered_Unicorn twitch streams for information that will make anyone a winner (and earn Twitch drops on Tuesday afternoon).
Yep, capped tournaments are far more difficult to finish 1st thru 3rd in than normal ones. Just a lot more factors in play that are normally dominated by the top tier data analyst types that play in them. I generally only had moderate success in capped tourneys when the player card pools were a bit more shallow early in the year prior to more card content releases. Still uncapped tournaments can be a hot/cold type of thing. I can go 4 days and may earn just 4-6 packs and then spend 2 days raking in 20-30. Just depends on a bit of luck in terms of the other owners skill in strategy and which one or two players on a roster gets hot and stays hot through the tourney.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:15 AM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

In reality, when creating a ballpark, the placement dimensions of the home run fence and the altitude where the park is built can affect home runs. The size of the playable foul grounds and turf can affect the number of hits. But how do you make a stadium that increases doubles and triples while maintaining a high level of homers? How would a real stadium be built that allows a left handed batter to have higher hits and homers and penalizes the right handers ability to hit? Does this lefty stadium exist?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #7
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

It exists in PT and that's all that matters here

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 PM   #8
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
But how do you make a stadium that increases doubles and triples while maintaining a high level of homers?
Altitude does this. Just check out Coors Field park factors - all values are way over average for all categories...singles, doubles, triples & homers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
How would a real stadium be built that allows a left handed batter to have higher hits and homers and penalizes the right handers ability to hit? Does this lefty stadium exist?
This is less realistic for sure. But theoretically possible. I like to imagine the game being held at sunset with the shadows hitting only one side's batter box
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:38 PM   #9
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Altitude does this. Just check out Coors Field park factors - all values are way over average for all categories...singles, doubles, triples & homers.

This is less realistic for sure. But theoretically possible. I like to imagine the game being held at sunset with the shadows hitting only one side's batter box
So I need to build the stadium on top of a mountain with the sun glaring at the right hand side of the batters box only at all times. GOT IT!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #10
chazzycat
All Star Starter

hey, you asked how...
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote