Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Preliminary Plan for PT 22

Those of you that have read my posts know I'm a Free-To-Play player who is a bit disappointed with PT21. My major gripe is the flood of "Perfect - Better than Perfect - More Better than Perfect" cards released in the second half of the year. I would have much rather seen the initial distribution of cards limited to Iron through Gold, and then increase odds of Diamonds and Perfects as the year progressed.

However, like most of us, we dream of the game we'd like to see while limited to the game we have.

I've been putting a lot of thought into how to play PT22 since I want to enjoy the game more, but can't invest the dollars necessary to build a juggernaut, nor do I have the time to monitor the game 24/7 to do it without money.

My PT22 basic rule... Live players are out.

Considering Live pitchers cannot compete with Historical pitchers due to movement ratings - and ADD to that they are subject to real world variances including the pandemic, it just doesn't make sense to gamble on them. Live batters are not as bad as far a usability, but I have a heart string for historical players anyway, so all of my teams for PT22 will be non-live players.

I'm thinking at this point of one team that will be entirely pre-1975 (pre-reserve clause) players, and the other two teams will be all non-live (retired) players as of 2021.

It would be nice if enough of us FTP players picked up on this, or a similar idea, then fashioned an "Our League type" group as well, but I'll leave that to the folks who have the most experience running such leagues.

That said, PT22 isn't out yet, so I have no idea what changes (if any) will be made to the basic distribution of cards. If there are some important differences, I'll re-evaluate, but for now this is my plan.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
Magus978
All Star Starter

You could just join OL too. No live players anyway. I'd say there's a good chance they're back for 22. Throw your teams in there, multiples are allowed as it seems to help fill the leagues.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 02-19-2021 at 12:03 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
chazzycat
All Star Starter

If the incentives in place resemble this year, my plan is something like:

1) never upgrade pitching, stay in the low levels as long as possible, do the whole power/eye thing to generate pp
2) spam the crap out of tourneys and generate a huge PP stack
3) wait for inevitable game-changing content set like FOTF, and actually be prepared for it this time.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I have only one rule for PT22: MAKE ONLY ONE TEAM.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #5
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Same here lol
Old 02-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would that I could stick to that. But I probably won't

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #7
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I may forgo the "reserve clause" theme and just work with OL-defined rosters. Running 3 teams isn't that bad to start since one of the teams will definitely outpace the others anyway. I might also document my upgrades as I go along - might be an interesting read... will certainly be a source of discussion and disagreements lol.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:38 PM   #8
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
No chance in hell of me doing that. Instead of running so many teams as I did this time, I'll probably stick to 6 at most. Try a little bit of everything and be a master of nothing.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 02-24-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I played multiple accounts in PT20 and PT21 but will lock it a one account this time. I still love to play but PT21 has cooled me down about it.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I did this for PT21. Then my team hit the Diamond doldrums so I added teams around Thanksgiving and Christmas to fill the void. Now all 3 teams have peaked and it’s boring again?

I am more interested in OOTPGO. I am tempted not to do PT21 until maybe the 4th of July if at all? The costs and fabricated cards are too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #11
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Same here lol

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote