Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
dboeyr12007
Minors (Triple A)

Crazy (probably unrealistic) Idea

I was thinking of something that even though I know has its flaws could be fun. I know a lot of people do not like the fact that a player has multiple cards. Just for fun pretend a player has a 68/79/94/100 rated card. What if you could a spend a certain amount of points to "level them up". I have the 79 version but for 50,000 PP I can turn him in to the 94 version. I know there are many things that could be an issue with it, but it would pulling all lower cards not as bad. I would not mind opening a Bronze Ozzie Smith and might even be a little excited knowing that I had the potential to one day get him to 100 Ozzie without having to get a lucky pull or use the Auction House to find him. Maybe could work the other way too. You have 2 100 Ozzie's but you want a Gold Ozzie to play tournaments so you pay to downgrade.

dboeyr12007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:23 AM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

No one is going to pay to downgrade, when you can just sell the card and buy the downgrade plus other things. However, acquiring cards for a set price may be a good idea. Why doesn't every card in the game have a quick buy price? Then you could actually be encourage to buy points knowing exactly what you have to pay and get your cards right away, instead of hours, days, even weeks waiting for what you need to show up?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:21 AM   #3
dboeyr12007
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
No one is going to pay to downgrade, when you can just sell the card and buy the downgrade plus other things. However, acquiring cards for a set price may be a good idea. Why doesn't every card in the game have a quick buy price? Then you could actually be encourage to buy points knowing exactly what you have to pay and get your cards right away, instead of hours, days, even weeks waiting for what you need to show up?
You are probably right about the downgrade. I guess I was thinking in a very obscure situation there could be a rare card like the 89 SE Cain that has an L7 of 65K right now. If a diamond of him was released it would probably be lower cost and less rare. In that type of situation down grading to use in a tournament might be cheaper than buying the gold card out right and easier than winning it. Ozzie was a bad example, but I was sticking with the previous example I used.

dboeyr12007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:01 AM   #4
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
However, acquiring cards for a set price may be a good idea. Why doesn't every card in the game have a quick buy price? Then you could actually be encourage to buy points knowing exactly what you have to pay and get your cards right away, instead of hours, days, even weeks waiting for what you need to show up?
I've always wondered why PT's economy emulates the messed up global economy, rather than that of a well run store. It creates so much disparity in an area of the game that I personally feel there should be none.

The diamond packs have really broken the economy recently, so maybe more people will be convinced that a volatile market isn't such a great thing.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboeyr12007 View Post
What if you could a spend a certain amount of points to "level them up".
I'm not sure I like the idea of levelling up, but I'd like to be able to trade up.

If you could trade in lesser cards to actually create a higher value card, it would sure make all those duplicates feel more worthwhile.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
However, acquiring cards for a set price may be a good idea. Why doesn't every card in the game have a quick buy price? Then you could actually be encourage to buy points knowing exactly what you have to pay and get your cards right away, instead of hours, days, even weeks waiting for what you need to show up?
Bailey, you magnificent bastard, you've done it again!

Another idea I can wholly get behind. Might be hard (okay, it would be impossible) to get into PT22, but I would love to see this in PT23 and beyond...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:12 AM   #7
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Yes

Quick Buy price = 1.5 x L7. And of course factors into the L7 calculation for the next card. But OTOH I was able to build a super (for me) team simply by pulling Kenny Lofton's Plaque Worthy card from a mission pack.

In general, I think the gold and historical packs are overpriced even at their current 3000 and 7500 levels. I also think there should be more silvers; perhaps 1 silver and one bronze guaranteed in a regular pack, 1 gold and 1 silver guaranteed in a gold or historical pack, and one gold and 1 diamond guaranteed in a diamond pack.

They should do more to make "packs only" a viable strategy. As is, it's just a crapshoot once you get to the point where you have a dozen or so diamond level cards.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:57 AM   #8
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburgh View Post
Quick Buy price = 1.5 x L7. And of course factors into the L7 calculation for the next card. But OTOH I was able to build a super (for me) team simply by pulling Kenny Lofton's Plaque Worthy card from a mission pack.

In general, I think the gold and historical packs are overpriced even at their current 3000 and 7500 levels. I also think there should be more silvers; perhaps 1 silver and one bronze guaranteed in a regular pack, 1 gold and 1 silver guaranteed in a gold or historical pack, and one gold and 1 diamond guaranteed in a diamond pack.

They should do more to make "packs only" a viable strategy. As is, it's just a crapshoot once you get to the point where you have a dozen or so diamond level cards.
That multiple seems too high. I wouldn't pay a 50% premium just to buy it now "now", and over-reliance on L7 doesn't really fix the problem of, as Tinker put it, "emulat[ing] the messed up global economy, rather than that of a well run store."

At 1.5 x L7, I would wait out the AH. Somebody would come along to undercut. So nothing would change, nothing would be fixed. We want to encourage people to buy cards, and buy the PP needed to obtain those cards. So the price must be enticing enough to get people to buy.

And honestly, tying it to L7 would eventually cause all the markets to crash, as sellers would undercut the Card Store in order to sell their cards, thus reducing an L7-based fixed price further. Then another round of undercutting, and price reductions, etc. etc. until the L7 price is around the quicksell price.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote