Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

Post +++ Perfect Team Daily +++

This thread is about your news and stories from your Perfect Team leagues.

Post whatever you want to share with others. I often don't want to open a new thread, just to post a little story from my league so I hope this thread becomes the central point where people can share little tidbits from their leagues.

---

So to start off, in my Stone League, I had a miserable start with 0-4 but after the first month I'm 16-12 (.571) and sitting at the top of the wildcard spot, second in the division.

There is coming a new starting pitcher with Jack Flaherty and two new relieve pitchers that will hopefully get the Croatia Dodgers in the playoff picture.

Last season ended in a heartbreak in the Stone League, where I secured easily a wildcard spot but lost the best of one game. My opponent went on to the Finals and therefore I lost my Promotion spot and stayed in the Stone League.
Better luck this year!

Hope to hear from your leagues throughout the "year" and "years" to come!

Last edited by FuzzyDarkness; 09-23-2020 at 12:19 PM.
FuzzyDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Cool Papa Era ended in Collingwood yesterday as his contract was sold. The speedster lost his job after the arrival of a pair of Faces, Roberto Clemente and Willie Mays. Ichiro Suzuki has Papa-esque defense and speed, but doesn't tie up so much capital so therefore is kept for OF backup. Another Face, the speedy Craig Biggio, can also play the outfield well, (not to mention the infield and catcher positions, too, when fully trained.)

Another era also ended. The consecutive game streak of Dan Brouthers at the DH spot ends at 1935 games. Albert Pujols takes over DH against LH pitching and is 1B backup. He hit a HR in his first at bat for the Magpies.

Last edited by bailey; 09-01-2020 at 09:04 AM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Another Face in the Crowd

Facing a tough conference, GM Bailey signed Joe Mauer whose price "broke the buck" and seemed affordable. That brings to 9 the number of perfect cards on this free to play team. The Magpies' division contains, not just a Perfect League veteran, but a Perfect League champion: the Bronx Bombers. There are also 4 other Perfect League veterans in the conference, so that's 6 vets competing for 5 spots not to mention any up and comers who may be lurking in the shadows. Noteworthy, is the expansion next week of Perfect League to 60 teams which should ease the pain that Diamond League brings.

One of the vets currently is 3 games under .500 which is noteworthy since they started out in Rookie league with 154 wins and had as many as 119 wins in Diamond in 2038. But that team has 1) only added 3 players since 2023 the last ones being in 2035 and 2) has failed to make Diamond league playoffs 3 years in a row. Which proves you shouldn't blow your funds on your first day. Here is fun screenshot for 100 Carl Hubbell stats in the early years.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #4
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

Now THAT is an impressive statistic!!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Hollerado
Bat Boy

Last Thursday when the new FOTF dropped I saw a Legend Mays for 155k when the L7 was 260k and the FOTF Mays was going for 800k, what a steal. Anyways his L7 is 110k now
Old 09-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

It's season 24....let's see how well my teams are embracing a short-term trip to the land of the Bronze...

In Bronze 211, the Longview Woodchucks are 22-28, good enough for 4th place in division and although not entirely bad, still facing regulation. Lousy pitching is offsetting some decent pitching.

In Bronze 216, Nacogdoches Jacks are faring surprisingly better at 30-20, just a half game out of the division lead and holding on to a wildcard spot. Batting is decent, starters are good, but bullpen needs help....

And in Bronze 226, Stephanie's Neffin-neffs are 25-23, eight games out of the division lead and 1.5 games out of the wildcard. Decent batting, average pitching.

Still a long way to go....

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #7
Magus978
All Star Starter

Magus Accuses Saints of Underperforming Despite Being 30-20

In the latest episode of "Magus Yells at Clouds", the clearly off his rocker GM went to the press and declared his displeasure with the performance of his Steelport Saints.

Someone should have told him that they're 30-20 and have a 7 game lead.

"It's not good enough. I want to see this team start pasting the field. Nothing less is acceptable" Magus told everyone who would listen. The general consensus is that he has completely lost his mind. To confirm this, he brandished a whip and started whipping the reporters like horses.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-01-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #8
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Always nice when Maddux throws a Maddux

Too much pitching and D ?

very different to previous years in Diamond but my starters are hot

my hitting was circling the drain until i finished off FOTF White Sox and acquired the even Big(ger) Hurt who has started his career with a 1.037 OPS (replacing 97 Sisler who has a .600 OPS to start the season) I just wish FOTF Clemente would live up to his stats and the bottom 3 in the batting order (Peewee, Maddox, Ewing) would hit over .200

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
Cheesetruck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ichiro hit a walk off grand slam for one of my teams!

Also, yeah. Maddux throwing a Maddux is pretty awesome to see.
Cheesetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:18 AM   #10
Rookie80924
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's the first time for me to be in the Silver league, and the first month looked very promising ending at 18 wins 7 losses. At the end of the third month, i am 40-42, with my team sliding badly the last two months.

I was aware that things would get tougher and stocked my team with gold, diamond, and SE players only. I was glad to finish all my Live Cards missions.

I'll be fighting the rest of this season to stay out of relegation.

OOTP 22

OOTP 21
Rookie80924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
Hualalai
Minors (Single A)

In my second season, just completed the AL live card missions. The Yankees were nearly impossible, I had to pretty much camp out on the AH site for several days looking to grab anything that came up that was close to affordable. Even if I had the PP I would not pay thousands for a bronze or silver.
Hualalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hualalai View Post
In my second season, just completed the AL live card missions. The Yankees were nearly impossible, I had to pretty much camp out on the AH site for several days looking to grab anything that came up that was close to affordable. Even if I had the PP I would not pay thousands for a bronze or silver.
You missed the halcyon days when the Yankees required 3 golds. Silvers went for 1500+ and there were 8 of those as well. Good times!

Meanwhile, the rebranded Knots are fighting for 2nd wild card with a team in its division. Currently 5-4 against them and up 1/2 game. Playoff hopes likely to be decided in the remaining 10 games.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #13
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Almost two-thirds into Season 24 and...

In Bronze 211, the Longview Woodchucks are 50-52, 14 games out of the division lead and six games out of the wildcard. Batting is below average, defense stinks, and Strasburg can not carry the team alone. He's 10-3, but German Marquez is 2-11. Perhaps this team can stay out of the regulation tent.

In Bronze 216, Nacogdoches Jacks are 54-47, one game out of the division lead and holding a slim 1.5 game lead on the second wildcard spot. Batting is decent, but starters are average and the bullpen is horrid. Need a little help to maybe clinch a division title.

In Bronze 226, Stephanie's Neffin-neffs are 53-50, 18.5 games behind a whale in division and four games out of the wildcard. Batting slightly above average, starters slightly below, and a solid bullpen. Defense is above average....perhaps..

We might get to keep all three teams in Bronze....but still a few more days to go....

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:08 AM   #14
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

I've decided on a ''theme'' for my secondary teams now, each will complete a failry big name collection in order to get their marquee player and we will build around those

the Barnstormers already have Jackie in G337 and he has already carried the team from low silver to a gold playoff contender with 3 MVPs, 6 All Stars, and 6 Great Bats. he is currently hitting .350 with a .468 OBP and has accumulated 6.4 WAR while leading the number 1 defence in both ZR and Efficiency. The biggest offseason addition to the team was SE Mantle who wasn't expected to do much with the bat but he is overachieving with an .842 OPS. the Starting Rotation leads the league in era, with Lefty Tyler and SE Wainwright being the standouts

Lowdown Lugnuts are currently .500 with, fittingly SE Tom Seaver having a very good season, leading the league in era at 2.42 undoubtedly the D plays a big part with Bronzie and Mazeroski up the middle, the bullpen is utter trash though which is why we have the record we have

21st Century Fusion in S297 were in a state of flux as i have been doing missions on them. I've finished the 1920s mission so Babe has been in the team for 28 games and has been raking, winning the batter of the month on his 1st month of play hitting .375 with 6 homers in the month

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:31 AM   #15
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

Croatia acquired Chris Sale!

Name:  5f4ccc3e61f86f13f8b23d03_2043-08-02_11-18-33.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  39.7 KB

But in a stunning move, he will not join the starting rotation, at least not for now. FuzzyDarkness told the media, he is very pleased with the current starting rotation and doesn't want to disrupt any momentum heading into the final 2 months of the season. As to why he acquired Sale he responded, getting Sale on sale for just 4.018 points was a good deal. (The perks of living in Europe and taking advantage of the time zone when the majority of people is sleeping during the final moments of an auction.)

Sale will take on the role as a reliever with his secondary role being an emergency starting pitcher.

Sale could slide in to the starting rotation if in the month of August the current starters show signs of decline in performance.

Croatia is currently second in the division with one game behind and a solid +7 games in the wildcard race.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #16
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Fair Play is riding an 8 game winning streak which included 6 wins against the dangerous Bronx Bombers. This modest team is only 1 game behind. Roberto Clemente had a 30-game hitting streak end during the run.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2020, 04:09 AM   #17
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

The last month of the season promises to be a real nail-biter!

Name:  Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-09-05_092147_pt21reports.ootpdevelopments.com.png
Views: 800
Size:  14.5 KB
Old 09-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #18
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Facing a tough conference, GM Bailey signed Joe Mauer whose price "broke the buck" and seemed affordable. That brings to 9 the number of perfect cards on this free to play team. The Magpies' division contains, not just a Perfect League veteran, but a Perfect League champion: the Bronx Bombers. There are also 4 other Perfect League veterans in the conference, so that's 6 vets competing for 5 spots not to mention any up and comers who may be lurking in the shadows. Noteworthy, is the expansion next week of Perfect League to 60 teams which should ease the pain that Diamond League brings.

One of the vets currently is 3 games under .500 which is noteworthy since they started out in Rookie league with 154 wins and had as many as 119 wins in Diamond in 2038. But that team has 1) only added 3 players since 2023 the last ones being in 2035 and 2) has failed to make Diamond league playoffs 3 years in a row. Which proves you shouldn't blow your funds on your first day. Here is fun screenshot for 100 Carl Hubbell stats in the early years.

Yeah, my FTP team the Washington Justice ended up in a division last week with three teams with 7 Diamond champs between them (no PT level winner though). Ended up getting relegated for the first time in 14 seasons in Diamond being in that slaughterhouse division. If I don't get bounced in the divisional series tomorrow, I should be back up at the diamond level again next week. However, my team is still in flux with several of my diamond starters most likely being bid farewell when the next round of FOTF collection missions come out and I will have to cash in on them. Granted at this point, they aren't nearly good enough to play at Diamond level anymore. I'm still using a lot of will power and holding tight to my perfect points until I clear out my diamond cards on the AH that will belong to the upcoming missions. If I can stick to that plan I should be able to upgrade my roster (most importantly, my pitching staff) with at least 5 to 6 new cards that can compete consistently at Diamond level.
tbonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #19
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Magpies/Knots remained solidly 1 game behind for 12 games after my last post, but when they lost, we lost. Then the bottom fell out and now it's back to hanging on to 2nd wild card. We have a 4.5 game lead with 12 to play, but 6 of those are against the Bombers, while the Logboaters play 13 more against teams at or near relegation.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #20
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

In Gold 304, there were 4 teams within 2 games of 1st in the NC Central at the start of play this morning. There were 10 teams within 5 games of an NL wild card spot.

Now, with 12 games to go, it's a 3 game spread between 1st and 4th, with the 2nd 1/2 gb, and 3rd 1 1/2 gb.

7 teams are still within 7 games of the WC, 5 teams within 2 games.