Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #41
Jabez54
All Star Starter
 
Jabez54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Lunas, NM
Posts: 1,668
Thanks: 21,769
Thanked 1,092x in 869 posts
Yes, it's a big part of W 8.1 ... more as a warning if you are not familiar with the program/software ...
__________________
Red Sox Fan sinceThe Impossible Dream
Celtics Fan since The Dynasty of the 60s
Bruins Fan since The Big Bad Bruins Era
New England Patriots Fan since The Boston Patriots days



Jabez54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
justafan (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #42
mghurst
All Star Starter
 
mghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,068
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 675
Thanked 525x in 337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Is that just a Windows 8 security setting thing?
Yeah I think so
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #43
Caporegime
All Star Starter
 
Caporegime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Borough of Kings
Posts: 1,636
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 1,204x in 491 posts
Outstanding! Thanks so much, Justafan!

__________________
"If you don't know where you are going, you'll wind up someplace else." - Lawrence Peter Berra
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #44
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Reserve
 
Leo_The_Lip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 937
Thanks: 507
Thanked 414x in 259 posts
A big thanks for this.

I've been traveling and only got a few minutes to try it out last night, but wow! Exactly what I need.

I particularly like that the program looks to the fonts I have installed on my machine and not pre-selected. That way I was able to use Algerian for my Fredericksburg Zouaves cap, and some other weird one for the Staunton Lunatics (actual Western Virginia League team!) in an Old Dominion Association I've been playing/working on for several iterations of OOTP.
__________________

Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #45
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
A big thanks for this.

I've been traveling and only got a few minutes to try it out last night, but wow! Exactly what I need.

I particularly like that the program looks to the fonts I have installed on my machine and not pre-selected. That way I was able to use Algerian for my Fredericksburg Zouaves cap, and some other weird one for the Staunton Lunatics (actual Western Virginia League team!) in an Old Dominion Association I've been playing/working on for several iterations of OOTP.
I'm glad you like it. It's good to know it's getting used, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
11 thanks for this post:
Dark Horse (08-14-2014), DCHepler25 (08-15-2014), DreamTeams (08-14-2014), Hankyu Braves (08-15-2014), Hockey13Playa (08-14-2014), Honorable_Pawn (08-14-2014), Jabez54 (08-14-2014), Quinton_Upchurch (08-15-2014), Rayzor (08-14-2014), Thundercrack (08-14-2014), txranger (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #46
Antonin
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,992
Thanks: 664
Thanked 403x in 249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.
If it could just be easier to use than programs like Gimp. With a way to have sleeves one color, the jersey front another color, and a simple way to create that lettering that sort of curves across the front of the jersey.

Over the years I've spent countless hours trying to make something vaguely useful using Gimp, but with only minimal success.

I'll download the ballcap creator as soon as I type this and give it a whirl. The results people have posted look just amazing! Thank you again!!
__________________
RIP Prince [June 7, 1958 - April 21, 2016]

RIP David Bowie [January 8, 1947 - January 10, 2016]

RIP Mike Hudson [1956-October 27, 2017]

Last edited by Antonin; 08-14-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #47
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer
 
Honorable_Pawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 6,407
Thanks: 4,129
Thanked 3,901x in 2,140 posts
Dude, this is so useful Marcus needs to pay you a dime to include it as...well...an included program. I'm not talking Mods central either. I'm talking about your own special menu.

I think you should change the name of the program though. It should be called "how justafan gets chicks".
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Antonin (08-14-2014), Jabez54 (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #48
Hockey13Playa
All Star Starter
 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,935
Thanks: 282
Thanked 1,841x in 816 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
I'm glad you like it. It's good to know it's getting used, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.


There is a God!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #49
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
If it could just be easier to use than programs like Gimp. With a way to have sleeves one color, the jersey front another color, and a simple way to create that lettering that sort of curves across the front of the jersey.

Over the years I've spent countless hours trying to make something vaguely useful using Gimp, but with only minimal success.

I'll download the ballcap creator as soon as I type this and give it a whirl. The results people have posted look just amazing! Thank you again!!
Oh yeah, it will be easier than Gimp. I never got the hang of that program either. That's what I'm shooting for with these programs. I want anyone to be able to create logos, caps, and jerseys without the cost and learning curve.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
DreamTeams (08-15-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #50
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Dude, this is so useful Marcus needs to pay you a dime to include it as...well...an included program. I'm not talking Mods central either. I'm talking about your own special menu.

I think you should change the name of the program though. It should be called "how justafan gets chicks".
I believe Markus uses C++ and I haven't used that in over 20 years. Hell I haven't done any programming in over a decade not to mention I was never that good at it. I just picked it up again when the forums went down for a weekend not long ago and I was bored.

Oh yeah pawn, I got chicks all over the place. That's why I'm sitting in front of a computer pounding keys.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Jabez54 (08-14-2014), pgjocki (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #51
txranger
Hall Of Famer
 
txranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: "Deep in the Heart Of"
Posts: 6,535
Thanks: 4,672
Thanked 19,549x in 5,313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Oh yeah pawn, I got chicks all over the place.
Party at Justafans, he's got the chicks...
txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Honorable_Pawn (08-17-2014), Jabez54 (08-14-2014), justafan (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #52
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Honorable_Pawn (08-17-2014), Jabez54 (08-14-2014), koohead (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 01:25 AM   #53
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve
 
Hankyu Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 515
Thanks: 318
Thanked 622x in 227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
I'm glad you like it. It's good to know it's getting used, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.
If you add a 19th century type template, I'll name one of my future kids after you...








No pressure.
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #54
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankyu Braves View Post
If you add a 19th century type template, I'll name one of my future kids after you...

No pressure.
Sorry, I can't put everything into this. It's gonna be limited compared to what the templates offer due to the difficulty of drawing the graphics to the screen. It's not like I can just add template elements as is. I have to use XY coordinates for each point in a shape and bezier splines for curves and it's a real pain. Also, I want to keep it fairly simple to use and don't want too many options.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Hankyu Braves (08-15-2014), Jabez54 (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #55
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve
 
Hankyu Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 515
Thanks: 318
Thanked 622x in 227 posts
I'll have to do it myself then. Thanks a lot for everything anyway.


Would blackmail work?
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #56
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankyu Braves View Post
I'll have to do it myself then. Thanks a lot for everything anyway.


Would blackmail work?
Are you a programmer?

BTW - Blackmail does not work on me.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #57
illeracula
Hall Of Famer
 
illeracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,898
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,553x in 1,034 posts
Awesome

Justa-
This is really awesome, thanks for putting this together.

I have 2 questions.

1) What about tri-colored hats, such as the Brewers of the 80's? Does this template do that?

2) What language/program is this written in?

Again great work and I know I will get some use out of it.

Ill
__________________
---

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #58
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,706x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illeracula View Post
Justa-
This is really awesome, thanks for putting this together.

I have 2 questions.

1) What about tri-colored hats, such as the Brewers of the 80's? Does this template do that?

2) What language/program is this written in?

Again great work and I know I will get some use out of it.

Ill
VB.Net

and here's a Brewers cap in Ballcap Creator...
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
illeracula (08-15-2014), Jabez54 (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #59
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve
 
Hankyu Braves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 515
Thanks: 318
Thanked 622x in 227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Are you a programmer?

BTW - Blackmail does not work on me.
No.

I meant to say I would have to do the old uniforms using both GIMP and other modders' remarkable templates. I'll never thank them enough.

I wish I were able to do even a tenth of what you've done with the logo and ballcap creators.

Big thumbs up once again.
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #60
illeracula
Hall Of Famer
 
illeracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,898
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,553x in 1,034 posts
I think you should put your signature on the hat not just "ballcap creator" this is really impressive work.

I have one nit-picky thing. I just was playing around with the font and I selected my font and the size of 24. 24 was too small, so I selected the font button again and it went back to the default "Microsoft Sans Serif" and "10". The font I selected wasn't in the "Recently used" either.

I have a ton of fonts on my machine if that means anything. The only reason I bring this is up is I had to play around with the font size, so every time I clicked font I had to scroll down to find the font I used (and remember what size I was working with)..

This is just an awesome application and makes building caps much easier than using the template/gimp.

No "are you sure you want to exit?" question when you leave? :-)

Thanks for putting the time into this.
__________________
---

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..

Last edited by illeracula; 08-15-2014 at 01:49 PM.
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ballcap, ballcaps, software, uniform, uniforms

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments