Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

Historical Players and Custom Worlds

This may not be possible and I'm not sure where I should post this, I figured database would be a good place. It's really a mix between Database and Nations

I'm working on an alternate history timeline and I would like to use OOTP to simulate my baseball history. I would like to use real historical players, however there is a catch. Since my borders are different, and thus ids, I'm not sure if there would be an issue. For example, a player born in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States would be born in Morgantown, Erie, United Provinces. Is there a way to make that work?

Given that ODBs are uneditable would I need to hard modify the original world file?

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #2
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Yes, this is possible by editing the world_default.xml file. I have not done this in a couple of versions, but I don't think it has changed much since then. BE SURE TO SAVE AN UNALTERED COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE TINKERING.

Beyond that, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. That's not to say it won't be a lot of work - especially if you are not just renaming states. If you're looking to take each city in the US, assign it to a new fictional state, and rebuild that section of the xml... well, that's not small. Maybe find a way to do it programmatically by lat-long?

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebutter View Post
Yes, this is possible by editing the world_default.xml file. I have not done this in a couple of versions, but I don't think it has changed much since then. BE SURE TO SAVE AN UNALTERED COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE TINKERING.

Beyond that, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. That's not to say it won't be a lot of work - especially if you are not just renaming states. If you're looking to take each city in the US, assign it to a new fictional state, and rebuild that section of the xml... well, that's not small. Maybe find a way to do it programmatically by lat-long?
I may be better off using fictional players and adding my own additional countries then - at least in terms of getting to simming ASAP. My border changes are quite thorough - Maine is split between the provinces of Acadie and New England for instance and I just counted 268 Maine cities in the database.

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #4
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Yeah, it might be a fun exercise for a programmer to take your alternate map and build a whole new xml based on that and the city data we have from the game...

But if you actually wanted to play the game...

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote