Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #861
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
I've said this before and will say it many more times.

OVR means very little in my experience. It's simply a way to break the cards down into rarity. (90-99 Diamond, 80-89 Gold, etc)

2004 Ichiro is a Bronze card... and he puts out Gold+ production. You have to really pay very close attention to the underlying factors.
Everyone says this but the AH is still entirely dependent on the Overall rating. You can't sort by any other rating.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:16 AM   #862
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Everyone says this but the AH is still entirely dependent on the Overall rating. You can't sort by any other rating.
You can see other ratings though. I certainly hope there aren't people saying I need a shortstop, ordering by value and buying the highest one they can afford.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:26 AM   #863
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Neither does OOTP when coming up with the OVR rating? Is that what we're reduced to arguing now? It just looks bad when so many of the highest rated cards are complete garbage while everyone who spends 5 minutes looking at their league ends up adding Len Barker and Larry Dierker instead of any live diamond pitcher.
There are at least 19 diamond pitchers (more if you count those with smaller sample sizes of innings) that are better than Dierker and Barker. The difference is that Dierker and Barker are easier to come by both in price and frequency.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:31 AM   #864
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
You can see other ratings though. I certainly hope there aren't people saying I need a shortstop, ordering by value and buying the highest one they can afford.
But you can't sort by other ratings. Even seeing the ratings is a hassle. Clicking through each card in the AH is tedious and you can't see platoon ratings at all. The AH, as with most of the game is clearly built around the OVR rating.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 AM   #865
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
There are at least 19 diamond pitchers (more if you count those with smaller sample sizes of innings) that are better than Dierker and Barker. The difference is that Dierker and Barker are easier to come by both in price and frequency.
Most of the Live diamond SPs are better than Dierker, but not by much. Syndergaard is the only one that is a noticeable improvement. Pretty well all of the historical diamond SPs are quite a bit better than Dierker, though. Take a look at the average auction price. The will generally give you an idea. Most of the Live diamond SPs sell for 4K-6K while Syndergaard sells for 10K+ last I checked.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:27 AM   #866
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

All of this would be way easier if we could short out the AH by specific ratings.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:27 AM   #867
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Dierker and Barker are good... until and/or if you start playing exclusively with the big boys.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 AM   #868
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Most of the Live diamond SPs are better than Dierker, but not by much. Syndergaard is the only one that is a noticeable improvement. Pretty well all of the historical diamond SPs are quite a bit better than Dierker, though. Take a look at the average auction price. The will generally give you an idea. Most of the Live diamond SPs sell for 4K-6K while Syndergaard sells for 10K+ last I checked.
Dierker's ERA vs diamond league competition... 4.08 in 3095 innings for the leagues I was in. League average for diamond level pitchers is a 4.00 ERA in 28000 innings, so Dierker is above the league average diamond. I show 30 diamond level pitchers better than Dierker in diamond level leagues, 23 if I remove seven pitchers with smaller sample size innings.

Don't get me wrong, Dierker is and has been a very good pitcher and I've got him on my team, but there are a handful of silver pitchers (2 to 5) better and even more golds (5 to 10) than silvers, and even more diamonds than golds.

We'll see how those numbers hold up by the end of the week with another season of diamond level league results. My guess is with that with more innings, the shine will come off some of the pitchers I'm seeing while Dierker (given he already has a large sample of innings) will hold value better. That's why I gave the range of numbers at silver and gold, smaller sample size.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:44 PM   #869
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Week 5... the leagues are finally all in place. I am seeing the benefits of the promotion/relegation system, exactly as Markus predicted. Our league is tough, but well balanced. Does anyone still feel like they have no chance in their league?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM   #870
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Week 5... the leagues are finally all in place. I am seeing the benefits of the promotion/relegation system, exactly as Markus predicted. Our league is tough, but well balanced. Does anyone still feel like they have no chance in their league?
I am too, I think tough but well balanced is a good way to put it. I will say I didn't mind the tougher competition though, and feel like I learned some things along the way.

Of course, 12 games into the season I'm 4-8, yet outscoring my opponents by 12 runs. I'm pretty sure my luck will turn around though.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:24 PM   #871
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Does anyone still feel like they have no chance in their league?
There will always be those cynical few who feel they have no realistic shot. Some seasons in some leagues, with the imperfect nature of any promotion/relegation system, their outlook may even begin to reflect the true nature of the situation. However, I agree that it is working as intended and that it is a good thing overall. In my opinion, the dev team got this right.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #872
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(raises paw)

With the persistent flaws on my roster (mostly hitting related - what a new development for a Raccoons team… - and at certain positions), and four almost-all-gold-and-above teams in my division, making the playoffs would be a major upset. Like '93 Phillies...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:25 PM   #873
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Now that my team is back to the gold level, I feel like we can compete here. Maybe we won't make the playoffs, but I don't see us losing 100+ again.

Also, looking at some of the rosters around the league makes me feel like there's more balance now.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #874
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I seem to be overpowered in my gold league but was getting destroyed in diamond last year. I suspect I'll end up as a competitive team in diamond since the perfect leagues are now going. I like the ideas a few of you had about getting an initial seeding of maybe all leagues right from the start based on something. Entry league results or straight up evaluation of overall talent based on ratings.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #875
Chomps
Major Leagues

Please return my 1000 PP's

This is an example of the kind of garbage Packs that I have routinely drawn in multiple seasons. Has the Pack quality been reduced in order to push people into purchasing points?
Attached Images

Last edited by Chomps; 12-31-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #876
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Looks like some crap I just opened.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #877
Chomps
Major Leagues

Why am I getting duplicate scrubs in the same Pack? Is this a bug?

I have never purchased perfect points, and my teams are floundering around in the lower level leagues. Has anyone actually won a league championship without spending real money on perfect points?

Last edited by Chomps; 12-31-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:16 PM   #878
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Does anyone still feel like they have no chance in their league?
Do I think they should have a chance? Yes
Are they playing like they believe it? No

I have long believed the RNG gods are against me.

Last edited by Maddox; 12-31-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:20 PM   #879
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

I just opened 25 packs and didn't pull a single card higher then silver. What do I win?

You really shouldn't be opening packs until your team is diamond level and above. It's much cheaper to buy upgrades in the auction house.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #880
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Why am I getting duplicate scrubs in the same Pack? Is this a bug?

I have never purchased perfect points, and my teams are floundering around in the lower level leagues. Has anyone actually won a league championship without spending real money on perfect points?
I just won my first championship with a FTP team. The team had hovered around .500 and never qualified for the post season until Gold Season 3.

The team that has spent money to open packs is in its 4th season of Bronze.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote