Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

Historical Random Debut Starting in 2017 - Very high HR

When I play Historical Random Debut Starting in 2017, HR results are above 60 and 70 in many players. This is not real
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post
When I play Historical Random Debut Starting in 2017, HR results are above 60 and 70 in many players. This is not real

You're playing in the launch angle era. Crazy stuff is going to happen.

There are ways around this though. You can set your stats output to whatever season you want it to be and have that season be your constant stats output as you advance through the years. I personally use 1984 because HR come out somewhere between the deadball eras and the bazookaball eras. My instructions for how to do so are here. These settings can all be found at Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI page. See here and here for the results I have gotten using this method.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

I simulated with 1984 settings and I know that then HR is the highest, usually below 50. But with 2017, it should not be so high HR, etc. It should be bleed. Sorry for my English.

Last edited by Tom88; 05-19-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

When i set Historical 2017 but not Random Debut Starting, the results are correct, HR is normal as it was in the real world.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

We can do this one of two ways Tom88. Either you post a screenshot of your settings, or I post a screenshot of my settings, and you can see how to set it up, so that you get what you're looking for. I am particulary interested in your settings for your Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Historical page, and your settings for your Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI page. There is something in your settings that is causing this. I know this because I play random debut with 1984 strategy settings and stats output and I don't get what you're seeing in your game. See here and here for the kind of results I'm getting. I think you'll like what you see, and once we squish the fly in the ointment of your settings, you'll be off to the races.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Haven't heard from you in a bit, so I'm just gonna post my Historical and Stats & AI pages (Stats & AI is in two parts to get all the settings in). Don't take the LTMs (League Total Modifiers) literally. They were derived on the day before Opening Day by entering "1984" into the "Totals from year" box. They change every season when you enter "1984" into that box, and that keeps your numbers relatively on target. There will still be "hot" offensive seasons and "cold" offensive seasons, and there will be seasons that are right on league wide. There will still be incredible individual offensive seasons with this method, but they won't be nearly as crazy, and when they happen they will be special, because of their rarity.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

https://zapodaj.net/e6795960068ca.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/8c7e8bd480406.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/76b4f4beee36e.png.html

Settings are default on Historical Random Debut Starting in 2017

Last edited by Tom88; 05-22-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post

You are bringing in players from all eras, which is going to change the talent level from what it was in the year 2017. It looks like your league had a higher offensive talent level than 2017, so your numbers are going to be whacky. There are ways to control the offensive output. I set my games up so that the output is 1984ish every single year. This helps me avoid the paucity of offense in the deadball eras (think 1908ish and 1968ish), and the gluttony of offense in the lively ball eras of the 1930s, the steroid era, and the latest cuckoo bananas launch angle era. If you're not getting the results you want, you have to massage the settings a bit until you get what you want.

Also, not only are your HR high. All of your other offensive outputs are high and strikeouts by hitters are high. That's partly a reflection of the craziness of the season you chose to play and partly a reflection of the talent level in your league. What are your league wide numbers like? Can you post your team hitting, pitching and fielding stats please?
Old 05-26-2018, 05:43 AM   #9
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

https://zapodaj.net/050e0268804cf.jpg.html
https://zapodaj.net/ebc5fcc154f75.jpg.html
https://zapodaj.net/862a590b7cca9.jpg.html

Last edited by Tom88; 05-26-2018 at 05:48 AM.