Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #81
G-Force
All Star Starter

East Wins Duel
Pitching dominates as East wins ABL's first All-Star Game

LOUISVILLE (July 10, 2018) -- The best and brightest in the Alltime Baseball League gathered for the ABL's first All-Star Game, and the feel was different than most all-star affairs.

There was an intensity, and more than that a pride, palpable to those all in attendance. May that fade over the years in the exhibition matchup? Perhaps. But on this night, it was clear that being here, and the result of the game, mattered.

"It was right then, right there, in front of 40,000 people, including my friends and family," Western League starter Tom Seaver explained, "that I knew I belonged."

The Omaha ace needed only 8 pitches to get through the first inning, the only one he'd pitch, and Boston's Noodles Hahn would need only nine to retire the side in the first as well.

And so it went, for seven scoreless innings. Every pitcher who entered for either side hurled a shutout inning. Each side mustered only four hits through the first seven, and only the West's CC Sabathia of Los Angeles allowed more than a single baserunner.

Memphis' Jesse Tannehill took the hill for the top of the eighth, and was rudely greeted by New Orleans second baseman Daniel Murphy, who bounced a single into right. Two batters later, San Antonio's Bob Watson grounded a single through the hole into left to put runners at the corners.

Phoenix's Sam Crawford roped a 1-1 fastball into center to plate Murphy and put the West up 1-0 with Los Angeles' Willie Mays, arguably the league MVP over the first half, coming up.

But Tannehill got Mays to fly out to center and New Orleans' Wilson Ramos to ground out to short to keep it a 1-0 game.

Denver closer Aroldis Chapman was summoned for the eighth, and after getting Chicago's Cal Ripken Jr. ground out to third, allowed an infield single to hometown star Amos Otis of the Thoroughbreds. Boston's Jim Wynn fired a double down the third base line but a strong relay from Portland's Wally Post kept Otis holding up at third base.

The Louisville crowd rose to its feet as their own Honus Wagner, the ABL's first overall pick, stepped in. But the air was let out of the stadium when Chapman struck Wagner out on three pitches for the second out.

Alabama's Johnny Mize hit a ground ball that looked like it would end the inning, but New Orleans' Matt Carpenter - one of the ABL's big surprises so far - booted it, allowing Otis to score and tying the game at 1.

Orlando's Adolfo Phillips stepped in next, and battled his way through a nine pitch at bat, fouling off four straight pitches before taking two balls to run the count full. A Chapman fastball was fisted into left for a bloop single, bringing Wynn home and giving the East the 2-1 advantage.

A frustrated Chapman became the night's only pitcher to surrender the ball, as Omaha's Doug Fister came on to record the final out of the eighth.

Charlotte closer Bryan Harvey has been the only closer better than Chapman in the ABL, and he was tasked with shutting the door. But Los Angeles' Eric Chavez lined a leadoff single, and it was clear we weren't done yet.

Carpenter would get a chance to atone for his error. But the redemption story would get cut off quickly, as Harvey set him aside on three pitches for the first out.

San Antonio's Joe Ferguson then stood in, but would bounce a 1-0 slider into a 4-6-3 double play to end the game and hand the East the victory.

In a game with no true standout performance, Phillips earned MVP honors for his 9-pitch at bat to drive in the game-winner.

The Panamanian Flash, a debatable All-Star selection, was honored by the selection.

"To play with the best in the game is amazing, and to win MVP is humbling," he said afterward. "But now, it's back to trying to help Orlando win a championship."

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #82
G-Force
All Star Starter

July Report
Stats and Standings as of July 31

Last edited by G-Force; 02-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #83
G-Force
All Star Starter

Trade Dud-line
One minor deal as teams stand pat

NEW YORK (July 31, 2018) -- It's hard to say why it happened, but with the media in hot pursuit of stories and everyone's ear to the ground, the only sound was the sound of silence as the ABL's trade deadline approached.

A single trade - with Orlando sending backup catcher Charlie O'Brien to Charlotte for reliever Todd Jones - was all that came across the wire as the deadline passed.

"There were deals to be had, and lots of things would have fit," one GM said. "But in the end, everyone seemed cautious to pull the trigger. I'm stunned."

"The weak teams couldn't sell the parts they wanted to sell, and the top teams weren't willing to give up what it would have taken to fix their holes," another explained. "So in the end, there were stalemates all over the place."

That neither Louisville or New York made a move was a shock to everyone, though both were in on talks. And as Denver fell off during July while Sacramento got hot to create a race again, it's hard to believe neither, particularly Sacramento which lacks a clear top starter, couldn't make something work.

"To get the ace they needed, they were going to have to give up chips they didn't want to," a source close to the team said. "And they weren't prepared to do that."

And so it's a fight to the finish with the rosters that brought each team to contention in the first place. They now can only hope that's where they end up.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #84
G-Force
All Star Starter

I won't post the end of July batting and pitching registers since I just gave all the stats for everyone in the profiles 2 game weeks prior. So any relevant August stories and then the ABL rides into September!

GH

Old 02-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #85
G-Force
All Star Starter

Alltime Baseball League November Draft Preview

The ABL's amateur draft will be held on November 6. Per league rules, 100 players will be eligible for the 5-round draft. Below is the list of players (Note: I'm including their lifetime WAR just for info purposes).

Catchers
Jack Clements 32.1
Sherm Lollar 30.4
Frank Snyder 15.3
Geovany Soto 11.8
Bengie Molina 10.7
Greg Myers 7.4
Val Picinich 7.3

First Basemen
Albert Pujols 99.4
Ron Fairly 35.2
Tony Solaita 8.1
Dick Stuart 7.8
Gordy Coleman 7.5
Tony Horton 6.7
Brian Daubach 6.3
Second Basemen
Jackie Robinson 61.5
Dustin Pedroia 52.2
Steve Sax 25.3
Aaron Hill 23.8
Marcus Giles 16.7
Dee Gordon 10.4
Scooter Gennett 7.4
Shortstops
Travis Jackson 44
Dick Bartell 40.2
John Valentin 32.5
Chico Carrasquel 21.2
Ed Brinkman 13.1
Tom Carey 8.5
Marcus Semien 8
Third Basemen
Eddie Foster 24.1
Pinky Whitney 18.8
Charlie Hayes 10.5
Jerry Kenney 9
Harry Wolverton 8.5
Billy Clingman 8.2
Kevin Kouzmanoff 7.7
Outfielders
Stan Musial 128.1
Fred Lynn 50
Fred Clarke 46.7
Tommy Leach 45.7
George Foster 43.9
Mike Tiernan 42.2
Sid Gordon 38.6
Ken Griffey Sr 34.4
Coco Crisp 29.1
Amos Strunk 27.8
Lorenzo Cain 27.8
Grady Sizemore 27.2
Richie Zisk 24.9
Bill Lange 22.9
Happy Felsch 19.4
Chicken Wolf 18.3
Ned Hanlon 18
Jeff Burroughs 17.6
Vince DiMaggio 17.1
Taffy Wright 16.7
Michael Cuddyer 16.6
Vic Davalillo 16
Dave Collins 15.9

Starting Pitchers
Nolan Ryan 83.9
Eppa Rixey 56.8
Ron Guidry 47.9
Hippo Vaughn 46.6
Pink Hawley 38.9
Tim Wakefield 34.5
Matt Cain 30.5
Tim Belcher 26.9
Charlie Ferguson 25.5
Cy Falkenberg 23.1
Togie Pittinger 21.2
Denny McLain 20.9
Dupee Shaw 18.8
Max Butcher 18.2
Shane Reynolds 18.1
Francisco Liriano 17.2
Don Gullett 16.7
Steve Busby 16.2
Phil Douglas 14.8
Bob Turley 14.1
Art Fromme 12.5
Jeff Samardzija 12.3
Armando Reynoso 12.3
Melido Perez 11.3
David Palmer 10.9
Marcus Stroman 10.6
Joe Saunders 8.8
Bill James 8.6
Kevin Gausman 8.1
Duane Pillette 7.5
Jack Lynch 7.2
Jae Weong Seo 6.4

Will add relievers later

GH

Last edited by G-Force; 02-14-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:17 AM   #86
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
I shrunk the team profile pics by 25% and reuploaded them, so they're reduced but it's not reducing the text. I assume once I upload new ones at that size the text will follow suit. I'll keep them left justified also instead of centering them.

GH
That made it much better for me... thanks.

Only have to scroll a little.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #87
G-Force
All Star Starter

Thrown For A Loss
Rehab setbacks for Newhouser, Feller

August 17, 2018 -- One was off to a great start that his injury derailed. The other was severely underperforming and his injury seemed to shed light on why.

Now, both are fighting an uphill climb.

Sacramento's Hal Newhouser was diagnosed in May with a torn labrum that would end his season. But an unspecified setback during rehabilitation last week has made it questionable Newhouser will even be ready for spring training.

"It stinks, but we can't worry about it right now," manager Lum Harris said. "We've got to fight for this division with the horses we have. I know Hal will do everything possible to return as soon as is possible and he'll be back better than ever."

When Bob Feller was put on the shelf with elbow inflammation in June, many in Louisville thought they'd gotten their answer why the highly touted fireballing righthander had struggled. After posting an 8+ ERA over four starts, though, Feller was put in the bullpen where he thrived. His ultimate destination, to be sure, would be the top of the rotation. But for now, the pen was going to work out fine.

With Louisville fighting to hold on to the Eastern League North, the possible return of Feller to action down the stretch was promising. But, after a sharp pain ended a throwing session last week, that hope is gone and Feller has been officially shut down for 2018.

"Who wouldn't want a 100 mile per hour arm for the stretch drive," manager Sparky Anderson asked rhetorically. "Bob would've been great to have. But our guys have stepped up and I expect they'll continue to do so."

Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #88
G-Force
All Star Starter

August Awards

Batter of the Month: George Brett, Louisville (.443, 3 HRs, 17 RBI, 23 runs)

Pitcher of the Month: Frank Viola, Charlotte (5-0, 2.04 ERA, .214 opp AVG)

Batter of the Month: Sam Crawford, Phoenix (.349, 6 HRs, 22 RBI, 16 runs)

Pitcher of the Month: Steve Carlton, Denver (4-2, 2.32 ERA, .193 opp avg)

Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #89
G-Force
All Star Starter

August Report
Standings & Stats as of August 31

Old 02-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #90
G-Force
All Star Starter

ABL Batting Register: August 31

ABL Pitching Register: August 31

Old 02-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #91
G-Force
All Star Starter

Have simmed to Sept. 15th and will pick up with a day-by-day report for the season's last two weeks for any race within 5 games, and any races for important leaderboard categories.

There's one pennant race going on...New York has opened up September on a 9-3 run to catch Louisville and knot up the Eastern League North. All other races have division leaders up more than 5 games.

And so we go, down the stretch of the ABL's first season!

GH

Old 02-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #92
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 15, 2018

After dropping the first game of the 3-game set to let New York get into a virtual tie for the division lead, Louisville bounced back in dramatic fashion. Trailing 3-1 heading into the ninth, Louisville got a one-out walk from Jack Howell, who would be the last batter starter Ken Johnson would face after 8 1/3 of strong work. Tom Henke would come in to close it but surrender a pinch-hit double to Dave Hollins. Howell held at third and Louisville had second and third with two outs to play with. Carl Crawford would turn a Henke fastball down the line for a 2-run game-tying double that would be Henke's sixth blown save of the season. Henke finished the inning and Rich Hill would come in for Louisville, relieving Charlie Hough to get the final two outs of the ninth and sending the game into extra innings. Hill would match up with Brett Anderson there, and in the 11th, it was Anderson who would yield, allowing a 2-out single to Honus Wagner to break the tie and a 2-run double from Andre Dawson immediately afterward to blow it open for a 6-3 Louisville lead that would ultimately be the final.

The Hitmen try to stay in it knowing they've got New York for four, then Louisville for 3, and after heading to Boston finish up in New York for three games to end the season. So they'll have some control of their destiny over these next two weeks. Here they knocked Don Robinson (13-9, 3.86) around for five runs in the first and Mickey Lolich (13-14, 3.93) went 8 1/3 innings leaving in the ninth after Bill Hinchman's first homer of the season. Cal Ripken and Les Fleming each drove in the pair for Chicago.

Eastern League North
Louisville 78-68 --
New York 76-68 1
Chicago 73-71 4

• George Brett had three more hits, opening his lead in the Eastern League batting race to 19 points, .344 to .325 over Will Clark, who had his fourth 2-hit game in his last five and yet hasn't gained any ground.
  • Bob Bescher stole his 34th base of the season to tie Honus Wagner for the Eastern League lead.
  • Frank Chance had his second straight 3-hit game to create a little breathing room in the Western League batting race, where his .328 mark leads Matt Carpenter (.321) and Harry Heilmann (.320).
  • Jimmie Foxx and Ralph Kiner each went homerless, stuck at 26 in a tie for the Western League homer crown. Frank Howard has 25.
  • Portland's Erik Bedard allowed 7 runs over 4 2/3 to raise his ERA from 2.87 to 3.09, moving CC Sabathia into the ERA lead at 3.07. Sabathia starts tomorrow night.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #93
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 16, 2018

The Louisville/New York dogfight continues, as the duel again goes to extra innings after New York blows a 3-1 lead in the 9th. Despite blowing the lead by surrendering a two-out, two-run triple to Dave Hollins - his second straight clutch ninth-inning hit - the hero here was Kevin Brown, who hurled 12 1/3 innings for New York, whose bullpen was in tatters. Brown threw 168 pitches and, as a point of consternation afterward for Louisville manager Sparky Anderson, walked NOBODY over that time. Dwayne Murphy sent the crowd of nearly 40,000 in New York home happy with a 2-out walkoff blast - his 13th - off Scott Bankhead to pull New York even in the division once again as the teams go their separate ways until their 3-game set Sept. 24-26 in Louisville.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, Boston pounced all over Jaime Garcia (14-11, 3.89) with a 5-run first as Chicago had done to them the day before, and Noodles Hahn (13-12, 3.30) allowed two runs over 7 2/3 before yielding to Bill Campbell, whose 28th save tied him with Charlotte's Bryan Harvey for the league lead.

• Honus Wagner stole base number 35 to reclaim the Eastern League lead.
  • CC Sabathia went the distance, allowing 2 runs and 4 hits in Los Angeles' 6-2 win over San Antonio, to hold his grip on the Western League ERA lead. He also picked up his league-leading 19th win. He'll have two cracks to get #20.

Eastern League North
Louisville 78-69 --
New York 77-68 --
Chicago 73-72 4

Last edited by G-Force; 02-14-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #94
G-Force
All Star Starter

The eleven relievers in the November draft. Other positions were posted last night.

Ken Forsch 27.1
Billy O'Dell 22.4
Dick Drago 20.5
Dan Plesac 17.2
C.J. Wilson 16.2
Ray Kolp 15.5
Rafael Betancourt 13.9
Rick Camp 13.4
Jesse Crain 11.6
Hal Woodeshick 10.7
Bruce Ruffin 9.7

Old 02-15-2018, 02:28 AM   #95
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 17, 2018

The Chicago Hitmen have managed to keep themselves close enough that they're still a factor, but they're going to have to take care of business. They do so here in the opener of a four-game set with New York and get a strong effort from Sam McDowell, who allowed one earned run over 7 1/3 to pick up his 15th victory, handing it over to closer B.J. Ryan for a five-out save, his 28th! Mickey Mantle's 3-run shot in the fourth, his 20th, off Todd Stottlemyre blew it open for the Hitmen. The homer also put Mantle ahead of New York's Will Clark for the Eastern League RBI lead, 103 to 101. Louisville had the day off.

Eastern League North
Louisville 78-69 --
New York 77-69 .5
Chicago 74-72 3.5

Last edited by G-Force; 02-15-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #96
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 18, 2018

New York beat up on Chicago's Ben Sheets (7-15, 4.31), getting three RBI apiece from Tim Salmon and Sixto Lezcano and four RBI from Arky Vaughan who quietly has himself a shot at 100 RBI (he currently sits with 90). Brett Anderson allowed two runs over 7 1/3 to improve to 13-10 for the Heroes, who pushed themselves a half game ahead of Louisville with the win.

The Thoroughbreds were stymied by Brad Radke (16-9, 3.11), who went the distance, scattered eight hits and striking out seven, walking none. Vida Blue (10-7,3.69) allowed five runs in the fifth, including Ivey Wingo's first homer of the season, an RBI double from Jimmy Wynn and a 2-run double from Ruben Sierra.

Eastern League North
New York 78-69 --
Louisville 78-70 .5
Chicago 74-73 4

Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #97
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 19, 2018

Todd Helton's second homer of the game and 15th of the season broke a 4-4 tie and sent Boston to a 9-4 victory as Louisville dropped its third straight - as Boston, playing the role of spoiler, won its third straight. Al Orth picked up his first win of the season, going 3 2/3 of scoreless relief for Boston. Eddie Murray hit his 20th homer, a 2-run shot that got him to 100 RBI for the season.

In Chicago, the New York Heroes were unable to capitalize on Louisvlle's loss, as Howie Pollet (13-9, 4.11) gave up 6 runs over 5 innings in the loss. James Paxton (3-0, 2.41) threw 4 1/3 of scoreless relief for the Hitmen, who got three RBI from Charlie Gehringer.

Eastern League North
New York 78-70 --
Louisville 78-71 .5
Chicago 75-73 3.0

• Memphis' Jesse Tannehill won his 19th of the season, going the distance in the Sounds' 6-1 win over Alabama. Tannehill will get two chances to reach 20 wins.
  • Portland's Jimmie Foxx hit his 27th homer of the season to take over the Western League lead as Portland topped Denver 10-7.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-15-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #98
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 20, 2018

Boston's Joe Mays, who came in with a 2-14 record on the season, went 8 2/3 and got the win over Charlie Hough (14-9, 3.98) as the Riders won their fourth straight and sent Louisville to its fourth straight defeat. Bob Robertson hit a 2-run shot, his 10th, and Todd Helton kept up his hot September with a two-run double.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, the Hitmen topped New York again to tighten up the race, putting themselves only two games out in a division is seems neither Louisville nor New York wants to win. With Chicago down 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th, Lonnie Smith hit an RBI single to tie it and Mickey Mantle followed that with a 2-run shot, his 21st of the season, off Turk Farrell (5-3, 3.60) for the lead and eventual 8-6 final. Bob Howry won his fourth out of the bullpen, and BJ Ryan picked up his league-leading 30th save.

Eastern League North
New York 78-71 --
Louisville 78-72 .5
Chicago 76-73 2.0

Old 02-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #99
G-Force
All Star Starter

September 21, 2018

Someone needed a big hit for the New York Heroes, and Jimmy Williams got it...two of them, in fact. Williams hit an RBI single off Boston closer Bill Campbell to tie the game at 1 in the top of the ninth, and then hit the game-winning homer, his 4th, off Larry Christenson in the 11th to give the Heroes a much-needed win. Kevin Brown (11-12, 4.60) kept up his strong September after posting a 6.08 ERA over July and August. But Boston's Don Robinson (13-9, 3.68) matched him pitch for pitch as both took no decisions.

In Chicago, the Louisville Thoroughbreds still can't get out of their own way, as they dropped their fifth straight. Deacon Philippe (10-12, 5.00) allowed eight runs over two innings and every starter in the Hitmen lineup except Ripper Collins had a hit. Jaime Garcia won his 15th for Chicago. Louisville has an 8.72 ERA over its last four games, and its pitchers have walked 28 batters in 32 innings. THAT is how you blow a division.

Eastern League North
New York 79-71 --
Louisville 78-73 1.5
Chicago 77-73 2

Old 02-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #100
G-Force
All Star Starter

First to the Finish
Denver becomes first team to clinch divison

DENVER (September 21, 2018) -- When the Alltime Baseball League's first season began, Denver Pilots manager Joe Maddon told his players one thing: Embrace the target!

Maddon didn't want his players to run from lofty expectations, to fear pressure. He didn't want them acting as though being the ABL's first champion wasn't what they wanted.

Today, they're a step closer.

Denver clinched the Western League North with a 4-2 win over Omaha, and they - barring a cataclysmic collapse in the South - know they'll be facing Phoenix in the WLCS in a little less than two weeks. Andy Messersmith won his 16th, going the distance for Denver, which rallied at the mound before the raucous home crowd of 46,427 after the final out.

"I believe it's very important to celebrate," Maddon said. "And these fans deserved to share that with us."

After a 1-8 start the September, Denver has won 8 of its last 9 and righted its ship at the right time.

And with Ty Cobb back from his separated shoulder, the Pilots believe their championship run may just be taking flight.