Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
jdw31158
Minors (Double A)

Tight fisted owners

When free agency rolls around, whenever I make an offer to a marquee free agent, I get a message saying the owner doesn't approve the deal because there's not enough money, even if there is 35 to 40 million available for free agents, according to the financial screen. Other than going into commissioner mode, is there a setting I'm not seeing that will make the owner loosen the purse strings a bit?
jdw31158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw31158 View Post
When free agency rolls around, whenever I make an offer to a marquee free agent, I get a message saying the owner doesn't approve the deal because there's not enough money, even if there is 35 to 40 million available for free agents, according to the financial screen. Other than going into commissioner mode, is there a setting I'm not seeing that will make the owner loosen the purse strings a bit?
You may have $35-40 MM to offer to free agents, but how much do you have for extensions? Most marquee free agents want multi-year deals, so you have to look sometimes 2 or 3 years or more down the line.

So in a hypothetical situation, you want to sign a top player to a 8 year/$200 million deal ($25 million per). You've got $40 million this year, but next year, your #4 hitter is expected to get $8 million in arbitration, and you #2 pitcher is expected to get $7 million. Well that leaves you with $25 million, but there are also 5 or 6 bench players about to get between $800 K and $1.2 Million as well. So now your budget next year is only $23.3 Million. Don't forget, you have to set aside $7 million for draft bonuses. Now you're dealing with a budget of $16 million next year, and even less in years 3, 4, and 5.