Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

Suggestion from an Online League Commish

As a league that does the draft live outside the game, it would be much easier if there were a way when processing it in-game if I could search for a player.

The first round is usually relatively easy to do, but when you get to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, it becomes cumbersome to try and find the player in a huge list.

If there was a way to type in a last name or something of that nature, it would make my life much easier.

Bret
BretRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Search function, top right of game window works. Click the magnifying glass is, type in last name and hit enter.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Search function, top right of game window works. Click the magnifying glass is, type in last name and hit enter.
But I think, could be wrong, that would take you out of the draft page so you couldn't then draft the player you just found. I think the OP would like to be able to search for then draft said player on the draft page.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
But I think, could be wrong, that would take you out of the draft page so you couldn't then draft the player you just found. I think the OP would like to be able to search for then draft said player on the draft page.
This is correct. It's good to be able to search, but I am talking specifically about being able to use it to select players in the draft and Rule 5.

Bret
Old 01-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Pretty sure if you right click on the player, one of the options is to "draft" the player.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
legofarley
Major Leagues

I'm gonna try this out next draft. If it doesn't actually work, then I agree some search function within the draft window would be nice.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Pretty sure if you right click on the player, one of the options is to "draft" the player.
Yes, there probably is, but that still means I have to locate the player manually first.

It'd be better if in the draft screen I could just type in Thomas and all the players from that draft that are named Thomas would show up and I just pick the right one and draft him.

Rather than what I have to do now (at least as far as I know), which is to either sort alphabetically or by position or whatever and then look through the lists until I find the person.

It's not the worst thing in the world, it's just time-consuming so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Appreciate the back and forth.

Bret
Old 01-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

just a bump to have this considered for v18
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote