Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Available Teams in the ULB

Full League Name (Initials): Union League Baseball (ULB)
Main URL: Union League Baseball | Official Website of the ULB
Reports URL: League Reports
Boards URL: ULB Forums
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Spindel
Email Address: ulbcommish @ gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP14
Game Needed: Required
Players: Historical/fictional mix, development ON
# of Teams: 20
Export Deadlines Days And Times: M/W/F 7PM EST, SUN 1-4PM
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
First Season: 1995
Latest Season: 2006
Special Rules & Settings: Draft Lottery, Draft Pick Trading, No Marlons
Currently Available Teams: Columbus Crickets, Houston Apollos

Union League Baseball is looking to add owners in Columbus and Houston. We're currently in our 12th season, which is about to the enter the month of September. We sim 7 days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7PM, EST and Sunday between 12PM and 4PM depending on the week. We have a twitter if you are so inclined, and an IRC chat room.

Both of these franchises are excellent opportunities for a new owner to hit the ground running. You would be the second owner for Columbus and the third to take the reins in Houston.

The Columbus Crickets are 74-53 and currently sit atop the Players League Eastern Division. They have two former Nolan Ryan Award winners in their rotation in Kerry Wood and Matt White, and have three excellent starters, and Ramiro Mendoza would be back next season. Dan Denham threw the second no hitter in Columbus' history earlier this year. Columbus might just have the best pitching staff in the Players League, even with losing one of their best starters to Tommy John surgery earlier this week. On the offensive side of the ball, they have players like J.D. Drew, Jeff Baker (voted as the ASH starter at 2B this season) and A.J. Pierzynski.

The Houston Apollos are, well, a tough one. This year, they are currently 59-69 and currently in last place. You would have a lineup anchored by Pat Burrell, Jim Thome, Albert Pujols and Adam Dunn. Thome just hit his 400th ULB home run, 2nd most all time in the ULB. Dontrelle Willis anchors the pitching staff. And by anchors, I mean, this staff is horrible. I'm surprised to learn that two staffs have a higher ERA than Houston. (5.01) The good news is that Houston has 5 top 100 pitching prospects, and they could help out in the near future or be traded for more pitching help next season.

Owners interested in joining the league can PM me here on the forums, or contact me via email at ulbcommish at gmail dot com!

Last edited by Spindel; 12-12-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Spindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Email sent, interested in Columbus.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Both teams have been filled. Should you want to be considered for any future openings, please fell free to email me.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Spindel
All Star Reserve

New Mexico has become available, as the previous owner has abandoned his other Sim Central leagues and has not responded to communication. Team is pretty decent, and improving. A couple of good young players, one excellent Ace to build a rotation around.

New Mexico Suns The Suns went 80-82 in the regular season, and showed some promise before falling short of their first winning season. Team could be built around their current young players, like Joe Mauer, Chrone Figgins, Josh Donaldson (Not the RP), and Clyde "No Slide" Williams. Pitching staff is anchored by ace Ryan Anderson and John Lackey, and Craig Farmer has proved to be an excellent closer over the past three seasons. A good team that's only three years into existence, New Mexico is ready for their next GM to continue to build around their current stars or blow it all up and start over, Marlins style.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

I'd be interested in trying to run it. PM me here or e-mail me at scdrake@liberty.edu.
Sox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote