Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #81
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic View Post
great job with this
im going to try and replace draftees with this as stated above
Be careful with the player ids. It's best to create the same number of fake players first so you have correct new player ids as our player ids may not work in your game. Then replace the fakes info with your draftees info. This is how we've been doing it with the ncaa rosters.
If you don't do that, then you run the risk of overwriting some existing player if he has the same id in your game.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #82
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Only through the .csv's really.

The way you're doing it is mostly right but won't work unless you assign the players from my league, id's from your league.

When the game imports it looks for the ids to match them to players already in the universe. If it finds the ids don't match up, then the import fails.

So create some fake players in your league, the same amount as of the players you want to import.

Then export your rosters. Open the .csv from both your league and mine. Copy the id's of the players you just created in your league and paste them over the id's of the players you want to import. Then save the .csv with the players you want to import and go back into the game again and try importing again. If you did things right, it should work.

Feel free to ask again if you have any more issues.
I got to ask IMPORT HOW ??
Only txt-files can be imported what I can see.
Rosters and Stats.
After exporting csv files, question is what files and HOW can these files be imported
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #83
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I got to ask IMPORT HOW ??
Only txt-files can be imported what I can see.
Rosters and Stats.
After exporting csv files, question is what files and HOW can these files be imported
.csv's can be imported.

Just rename the .txt's that the game exports to .csv, work with them, then you can just import the .csv's the same as you'd import the txt files.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #84
clamel
All Star Starter

I still donīt get this . Iīm an idiiot surely.
BUT in League setups you can import and export rosters and stats.
You can export data to csv-files. BUT NOT IMPORT any csvfiles.
Even if I rename the csv to txt I have not figured out how to import them.

OK.
The import/export of the stats I can handle and understand.
However when I export rosters I only get a ml_roster.txt file where the newly created draft eligible player is not in.

When I export to csv I get loads of files and looking in the many player_xxx.csv files I can find this new player.
I then probably just look up the draft player in a new set and replace everything but the id in those player_xxx.csv files. Copy and paste...

Then comes the problem. How do I import this. If I click on import rosters, that will bring in toally different looking files. The old ml_roster.txt. It+s structured different and is just ONE file. I need to get all the player_xx.csv files in so that all prediction of this new players comes in.

Then can I just import those player_xxx files and disregard cities.csv, and so on. This can be done with stats. Only the player stats that you need can be in the stat-file and everything else stays the same.

What have I mssed ????

Last edited by clamel; 06-03-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #85
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I still donīt get this . Iīm an idiiot surely.
BUT in League setups you can import and export rosters and stats.
You can export data to csv-files. BUT NOT IMPORT any csvfiles.
Even if I rename the csv to txt I have not figured out how to import them.

OK.
The import/export of the stats I can handle and understand.
However when I export rosters I only get a ml_roster.txt file where the newly created draft eligible player is not in.

When I export to csv I get loads of files and looking in the many player_xxx.csv files I can find this new player.
I then probably just look up the draft player in a new set and replace everything but the id in those player_xxx.csv files. Copy and paste...

Then comes the problem. How do I import this. If I click on import rosters, that will bring in toally different looking files. The old ml_roster.txt. It+s structured different and is just ONE file. I need to get all the player_xx.csv files in so that all prediction of this new players comes in.

Then can I just import those player_xxx files and disregard cities.csv, and so on. This can be done with stats. Only the player stats that you need can be in the stat-file and everything else stays the same.

What have I mssed ????
You're not an idiot!! Just a little confused and I think what's confusing you is the darn .csv file thing. It looks like your exporting all data to .csv which is totally unnecessary. Just export the rosters. Make your changes, save it, reimport it and your changes will show up.
You can import just one player or thousands of players, one team or a hundred, but they must have an existing game's player/team id#s. If they don't, they won't import as ootp won't assign new player or team ids when you import rosters. That's why you have to create those fake players/teams first then export the rosters. Then replace the fake players data with the real players data. Save that data as a .txt file or a .csv file. Then go to the league's setup page and import rosters. Navigate to your roster file and import. If you noticed the file names when you click import rosters, you'll see that rosters.csv files do show and you can select and import them. Also, when you export rosters and the box says "Enter txt file name", just change .txt to .csv and it'll save as a csv file. Perhaps that should say "enter txt or csv file name as they both work. txt is just default if one doesn't want to rename it.
If you want to move players to the free agent pool in rosters, just set the team_id to zero and if you want them draft eligible, set their loyalty to 500 , the team_id to zero and to make them easier to locate in the game's free agent list, set the uniform # to 0. If you want to move players to another team, set their team_id to the new teams id. If you want to delete players, set the zero to 1 in the deleted column.
If you having a hard time finding your free agents in the roster file, they are always listed at the bottom of all rosters.txt/csv files under the //free agents rows.
I like to add notes to my rosters files. You can do this by preceding the row with // (2 forward slashes). Ootp ignores any row that starts with //.
Also, if you're adding any new player data rows to the roster file, make sure the very last entry next to the lahman_id column is eol as this lets ootp know it's the end of that rows data.
Hopefully I haven't confused you to much and some of this helps.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #86
clamel
All Star Starter

My problems do start with exporting roster.txt file.
After doing that I have a look inside that file AND that newly created Draft eligable fake player isnīt to be found. To be frank not a single draft eligible is in that txt.file after exporting it.
There is a section at the end // FREE AGENTS where I find all the FA for that year but none of the upcoming draftees.
I guess itīs a setup of one kind.
If I only could get the newly created player in that file I could easily change everything, BUT the ID as you said. If I just add the lines from the other world he might not be ready for the upcoming draft, just be a normal FA.

Can you help ???

As I said the stats export/import are working fine. I can add historical stats easily to players that has been "cleaned" out. Mostly itīs adding minor league stats just for having it looking good I guess.

ADDED
I tried just to clean out the exported roster.txt file and added a player from another roster.txt. Made some changes to teams and kept the id from the fake player I created, but never saw in the txt-file.
It looks as it worked.
However to compare this new draft player with already in the DB I find that salary data and contract extensions are in this new player not in the other upcoming dratees. Everything from Roster Data Status is not in older draft eligable players. Something wrong.
Since I canīt get that fake player into the roster.txt file I canīt see what numbers are wrong.

Last edited by clamel; 06-04-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #87
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I've never done what you're trying to do, but to see your fake players, release them to free agency first and then export the rosters and then they should show in the free agents section of the rosters. Then you can change the needed data.
Forgot to mention earlier that there are other columns that need to be set as well. If you look and compare your old draftee eligibles, you should be able to figure it out..For example service time should be set to 0 and such similar settings that a new draftee would have.
I'll search around later as I've been up all night compiling stats, and see what I can find..gotta be some info somewhere.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #88
clamel
All Star Starter

Yes, besides zero out teams, service records and stuff need to be zeroed out too. I figured that much.
Then I might have bitten of more than I can chew.

You mentioned to release the players into FA. Thatīs not possible. They are upcoming draftees, correct. They canīt be found at all anywhere unless with player search. Every year OOTP have added a certain number of these upcoming draftees. Those are the guy I am talking about. If you play over the years since perhaps 2008 all out new draftees are all fictional. Having a look at newer OOTPs brings in the new guys after the year they actually was drafted in RL. I was trying to keep a universe going over the years with versions of OOTP and perhaps add the new players over the years when they got drafted.
Thatīs the guys I am trying to mix into my universe.
Probably impossible, but something earlier in this thread woke me up and I had a small hope. Whatever it would be a monstrous task anyhow, so better let the AI create fake draft players and let them play.

Thanks for trying to sort me out.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #89
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yes, besides zero out teams, service records and stuff need to be zeroed out too. I figured that much.

You mentioned to release the players into FA. Thatīs not possible. They are upcoming draftees, correct. They canīt be found at all anywhere unless with player search. Every year OOTP have added a certain number of these upcoming draftees. Those are the guy I am talking about. If you play over the years since perhaps 2008 all out new draftees are all fictional. Having a look at newer OOTPs brings in the new guys after the year they actually was drafted in RL. I was trying to keep a universe going over the years with versions of OOTP and perhaps add the new players over the years when they got drafted.
Probably impossible, but something earlier in this thread woke me up and I had a small hope. Whatever it would be a monstrous task anyhow, so better let the AI create fake draft players and let them play.

You don't have to create draft eligible players in game to edit. Just create a bunch of fake fa's, not draft eligible, then overwrite them with the data of the real draft players.

To make them draft eligible, just make sure you set them as free agents, change the loyalty to 500 and uni number to 0. Then when you reload, they should be draft eligible in the game.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #90
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

Your welcome and sorry I couldn't be of more help. You do realize that you can set where your draft pool comes from right? You can set it so that your draftees only come from the free agent pool. You just need to make sure you have enough players to cover what's needed.
Your right as to it being a lot of work..not hard , but definately time consuming. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll figure it out..good luck and I wish you the best.
One thing you could do, is to let the draft take place and then replace the drafted players with the real ones that have actually signed with teams..if that's your original intention.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #91
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

New NCAA roster file posted.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #92
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Will post another update with 2008-2012 stats included, thanks to Bigrod! He did a fantastic job on adding stats, just incredible! Such a big job, so much work, which I even made harder for him than needed by changing some player names.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #93
trlp1712
Bat Boy

Excellent job

I'm a long time lurker, but decided to post to say thank you for such an excellent job. I'll keep looking forward to this. Greetings from Venezuela.
trlp1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #94
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Amazing work.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #95
frankduffy93
Bat Boy

I stumbled upon this today and it looks incredible. I'm new here and plan on purchasing the game tomorrow. It's crazy how there's a mod for this game that has the teams we compete against in real life. I know it's a long shot and definitely not a concern right now, but do you think there's anyway Queens College can work it's way into the game someday down the line? We're a DII in the East Coast Conference. I can supply everything you would possibly need. Keep up the awesome work, this looks amazing!
frankduffy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #96
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankduffy93 View Post
I stumbled upon this today and it looks incredible. I'm new here and plan on purchasing the game tomorrow. It's crazy how there's a mod for this game that has the teams we compete against in real life. I know it's a long shot and definitely not a concern right now, but do you think there's anyway Queens College can work it's way into the game someday down the line? We're a DII in the East Coast Conference. I can supply everything you would possibly need. Keep up the awesome work, this looks amazing!
Cool. Yep, I'm certainly aware of Queens College. Planning to add you guys at some point in the (sadly distant) future.

Actually watched your conference champs, St. Thomas Aquinas, play in the East Regional in Manchester NH this year.

Crazy, that's the word for it. Sometimes I'm not sure why I do it to be honest

Doubt most of D2 will be done before the start of next season at best. Adding teams and players as I'm able. There's so much to do Focusing on finishing up D1 for now.

Will certainly get in touch if I need anything. dob's are always welcome if they aren't on the web site. Know I've been to the Queens College site, don't remember if they're there or not though. Also pitcher's velocities and pitches are really tough to get, especially for D2 guys. So those would come in handy

Just to warn you though, OOTP doesn't simulate the college setup very well. No recruiting or transfers, no Fr-Sr. classes only age limits, no double elimination tourneys, etc. So you can have fun with a college universe, especially if using it as a feeder, but things won't really be right.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-24-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #97
frankduffy93
Bat Boy

Yeah STAC had a pretty solid team this year, they could hit. Whatever you want I can definitely get for you the dob's for all of us when you need them as well as pitches. Nothing's perfect, but I'm sure this will be pretty damn close to it. Can't wait to simulate us getting our asses kicked by SNHU and Franklin Pierce!
frankduffy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #98
hendersondayton
Minors (Single A)

How do we create a schedule for this? Just generate a random one?

There is no schedule built into the league file.
hendersondayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #99
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersondayton View Post
How do we create a schedule for this? Just generate a random one?

There is no schedule built into the league file.
Random generate. I'm not at the point where there's any point to creating a schedule, since leagues and teams are still being added/changed. But you'll run into other problems too. Many teams have no players, some of the HS teams have 100's of players.

As mentioned in other places, this is really not meant to be used right now. It's very much a WIP, alpha stage.

It's meant to given interested people a way to follow my progress and to give folks something to cannibalize to add parts to their universe as desired.

If you want to play now, use the D1 Universe that Rod posted. You can always add some stuff from this to that too if you want, HS players and teams etc.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-27-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #100
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quick update. Things have been slow lately due to rl complications. Perhaps coupled with a little burnout too. Still working on this as much as possible though.

Would guess that we're looking more at the end of the year before I can post a useable version/finish D1 ratings up at this point

On the plus side, given how much is already done, it should be comparatively easy to get things updated for 2014.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-08-2013 at 12:49 AM.