Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

CubbyFan's 2011 Roster Set Thread

NEXT RELEASE: See you guys for OOTP13!

2012 CubbyFan Rosters, v3.1 (final file, fixed a few small errors)

Enjoy!

Here's whats in this file:

- Updated 2011 statistics & history
- Rerated players on teams with ZIPS projections out (about 20/30 teams)
- Updated prospects (ranked by BaseballAmerica) for National League teams
- Updated coaching staffs at MLB level, owners
- Updated service times based on 2011 service time
- Updated contracts, etc.

Installation Instructions
1. Download the file. You will need WinZip, WinRAR, etc. to unpack this file (www.winrar.com)
2. Open the file with your program. You will see a folder inside of it called CF MLB 2012 Rosters.lg
3. Move or unpack this file to your saved_games directory (Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 12\saved_games)
4. Open OOTP12, and you should be able to load the league CF MLB 2012 Rosters.

If this fails, it may have unpacked wrong. Open the saved_games folder and verify that there is a folder inside of it called CF MLB 2012 Rosters.lg

2012 CubbyFan Rosters, v1.2 (roster moves as of 11/1/11)

File above is pre a lot of fixes, but has rosters as of 11/1 if anyone is looking for that. Recommended to download the file at the top.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 02-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
klonewarrior
Minors (Double A)

I hope you can finish the roster before the natives get restless again...

I look forward to your roster set.
klonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Why no all the Draft Picks on the Team that drafted them?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Forgot about draft picks! Hoping to add those in the draft as well.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
acclaim99
Major Leagues

What about stats?

I noticed you can't check QS% for players... I only did it with Halladay, I wanted to see his quality start %, and it has the numbers but says 0%... for example.. i dunno if thats easy to fix or not.
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
acclaim99
Major Leagues

This thread should be stickied.
GL CubsFan
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright gents, a little anti-climactic for the raw version of the beta rosters, since there is already a set out with contracts, but here it is anyway. I've re-rated Arizona to give you an idea of how things will look for the ML rosters when that part is finished.

CUBBYFAN MLB 2011.ZIP

Modified in this version:

- All contracts are correct
- Option years, including vesting options, buyouts, etc.
- Corrected service time for ML players
- Financials & coach salaries fixed

Back to work on ratings!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
MunichCubFan
Bat Boy

Thanks cf, really appreciate it and looking forward to the fininshed release.
MunichCubFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
GeneralCornRowWallace
Minors (Single A)

Cubby - thanks for your hard work on these, I am sure I speak for a lot of us when I say THANK YOU!

I am waiting to start my big, major historical league until after your 3rd release is complete - with the updated minors ratings.

I know Marcus and team worked hard on these rosters but the Nationals are off and I am a bit Nats fan.

Just so I have some perspective, when do you anticipate having this complete?
GeneralCornRowWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
jrdoa
Minors (Double A)

Will this work for OOTP11?
jrdoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdoa View Post
Will this work for OOTP11?
Unfortunately, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCornRowWallace View Post
Cubby - thanks for your hard work on these, I am sure I speak for a lot of us when I say THANK YOU!

I am waiting to start my big, major historical league until after your 3rd release is complete - with the updated minors ratings.

I know Marcus and team worked hard on these rosters but the Nationals are off and I am a bit Nats fan.

Ah, the million dollar question. I'm not sure when the third version would be released, I would warn that while the major league set will probably be out sooner or later, doing minor league ratings can be somewhat difficult at times and will take a bit longer. At this point I don't know what a release target would be, but I can provide that down the line.

The great news is that these ratings that we end up putting in (since they're updated in June/July), should port well over to a 2012 set. That should make things a lot easier for me creating a new set with updated 2011 stats this fall.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
speedy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

The Nationals are off? I am a huge Nats fan and wondered where you feel they are off? I noticed the bullpen (Storen in particular) can't seem to get anyone out and Pudge Rodriguez appears to rate more like he would have 10 years ago.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also - any photopacks out there for 2011? I figured there would be, but not seeing any. If not, I'll try to also throw that together.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 06-27-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
inuyashabr1986
Bat Boy

How i can istall??
Where i put this databse??
inuyashabr1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

False alarm! Back to work...

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 06-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
GeneralCornRowWallace
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Nationals are off? I am a huge Nats fan and wondered where you feel they are off? I noticed the bullpen (Storen in particular) can't seem to get anyone out and Pudge Rodriguez appears to rate more like he would have 10 years ago.
In addition to what you note above Speedy, there are a number of issued with the Nationals. Michael Morse is rated well below his current performance as is Danny Espinosa - not much power. John Lannan looks like a AAAA pitcher and Tyler Clippard, one of the game's most dominant relievers over the last two years is rated very low as well.

In terms of the minor league many of their top prospects are rated very low:

1. The pitchers from last year's draft: Robbie Ray, A.J. Cole and Sammy Solis all have barley any potential but all of them are top 10 prospects.

2. Danny Rosenbaum and Steve Lombardozzi are top prospects at AAA or closing in on AAA and they are both rated as minor league fodder.

3. Derrick Norris is one of their top hitting prospects in AA now and rated as a career minor leaguer

4. Ross Detweiler, although a bit of a flop as a #6 overall pick to date has potential, it is just untapped. If he reaches his potential the thought is he could be a #2 - #3 starter. He is currently in AAA and pitching pretty well. The game has him with 1s and 2s for potential and in A ball.

I am sure there are others I am missing but these are some of their top prospects that, as a fan, I follow and seem drastically under rated -whether you have scouts on or off.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In addition to what you note above Speedy, there are a number of issued with the Nationals. Michael Morse is rated well below his current performance as is Danny Espinosa - not much power. John Lannan looks like a AAAA pitcher and Tyler Clippard, one of the game's most dominant relievers over the last two years is rated very low as well.

In terms of the minor league many of their top prospects are rated very low:

1. The pitchers from last year's draft: Robbie Ray, A.J. Cole and Sammy Solis all have barley any potential but all of them are top 10 prospects.

2. Danny Rosenbaum and Steve Lombardozzi are top prospects at AAA or closing in on AAA and they are both rated as minor league fodder.

3. Derrick Norris is one of their top hitting prospects in AA now and rated as a career minor leaguer

4. Ross Detweiler, although a bit of a flop as a #6 overall pick to date has potential, it is just untapped. If he reaches his potential the thought is he could be a #2 - #3 starter. He is currently in AAA and pitching pretty well. The game has him with 1s and 2s for potential and in A ball.

I am sure there are others I am missing but these are some of their top prospects that, as a fan, I follow and seem drastically under rated -whether you have scouts on or off.
You'll be happy to know that most of these are fixed. Additionally, I'm a huge Mike Morse fan.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
GeneralCornRowWallace
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Cubby!

Question, are they fixed in your current release or will they be fixed for your next release?

I want to start up a present day league but was planning on waiting until your second release.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

The contract updates are excellent! Overall this is an excellent start to your project. I am having one problem, though (and it is one that I've had with other roster sets): player split ratings seem to be "flipped." For instance, LHP have worse ratings against LHB when it should be the other way around. The same is true for batters. Any idea why that might be?
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
speedy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
You'll be happy to know that most of these are fixed. Additionally, I'm a huge Mike Morse fan.
My fandom goes back to the late 1970's Montreal Expos.

I cannot wait to see the updated ratings. When will the new rated roster be out?
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote