Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
JAttractive
All Star Starter

Laseron Baseball Association

Man do I ever miss this league and the amazing owner's we had.

Working shift work probably makes me a very poor choice for commish (I could never come up with a proper export schedule) but I'd love to be part of the re-creation of this league. I was thinking an "After the Great War" story line where the league had to shut down due to a World War and is now re-opening...

Failing that I'd love for any world database files that any old owner's may have come up with so I can play it solo or even if anyone can point me to a similar, colourful, fantasy league! I'm down to a single league so I could use another...
JAttractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Hey J, I'll see what I have. There were a lot of great owners in that league. It was amazing how everyone hung around even when they didn't have teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAttractive View Post
Man do I ever miss this league and the amazing owner's we had.

Working shift work probably makes me a very poor choice for commish (I could never come up with a proper export schedule) but I'd love to be part of the re-creation of this league. I was thinking an "After the Great War" story line where the league had to shut down due to a World War and is now re-opening...

Failing that I'd love for any world database files that any old owner's may have come up with so I can play it solo or even if anyone can point me to a similar, colourful, fantasy league! I'm down to a single league so I could use another...
Old 08-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Damn, what a great league that was.

Screamers forever.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Wrooster Llolfinkus

You guys give me a warm fuzzy.

Btw, Max is ok. I heard from him a little while back. He just got burned out I think. He lasted longer than me by far!

Hope we hear from some more guys in this thread, but there's so many different boards here at OOTP now. Stuff gets lost in the mix...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

I was in the LBA as the Destroyers for quite a long time.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I remember. A good franchise too.

Actually i can't think of one team that was a constant dud. Except my lame-o Dragons.

Oh, and the Screamers with the curse of Mange. Just kidding treedom, but I know you hated that @#$#@
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
satchel
Hall Of Famer

I had a minor role in the construction of the league. It was really cool.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
kq76
Global Moderator

So how did you guys come up with those great city names anyway?

If anyone can post the Laseron map it'd be great to see it again.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Archive.org doesn't have the map graphic, but it has some old pages.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Power rankings were pretty freaking cool.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
JAttractive
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
So how did you guys come up with those great city names anyway?

If anyone can post the Laseron map it'd be great to see it again.
Goody came up with it all. That's why I mainly wanted his permission, no disrespect to Brian and John and anyone else that commish'd. This league was really his whole creation though.

If I remember correctly Laseron was a world he made up himself years before, including the map. He decided to recreate it in OOTP so this was really his baby. Brian was a great commish and we all owe him a huge debt for carrying it on but Goody WAS the league. When he was commish he would edit players name, put in Laseronian birth places etc. It was a LOT of work (man I wish we had OOTPX back then, we may not have burnt out the commishes so fast). Once he left we tried to come up with some appropriate names for Brian to edit in but some of the suggestions got silly, especially near the end. Goody/9lives just had a special talent for coming up with great names for players, teams etc. that really conjured up powerful images of them in your mind.

If he ever decides to commish again I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Last edited by JAttractive; 08-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #12
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I feel pressured....maybe that's a good thing.

Man, that was awesome satchel, I just read that whole toss across article. What a blast back! Also, you had a lot to do with the league getting underway when it did. No telling how long it would have taken me without your help and advice. I was in a sea of nothing with my experience level at commissioning at the time. Really...the what if's in this situation are all negative compared to what the LBA became.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
Goody
Hall Of Famer

And J, I agree about giving kudos to Max and John. I did the fun part...what I love to do. Those guys kept the thing going for the benefit of us all. As did the AliciaGM (can't recall is other name info) and treedom. As far as commissioning goes...

Others added a lot of the fun stuff...invaluable.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

i'm embarrassed to say that i was the last commish of the LBA. So it went down on my watch. A very belated "sorry" to everyone in the league.

And i miss the league, too. Heck, i still have Laseron stories that i wanted to write. i just don't have the time to commish anymore. i do have the last files floating around. (i never simmed any further.) i think i even converted to v8 just to see what it would look like. i'll dig around and see if i can find them. If someone has web space somewhere i can upload them. Just email me at brianlbarrett at gmail dot com with the info.

Eric was the owner in Alicia that helped out with some of the commish duties.

LBA was the best. i was in a few league before LBA. And a couple during. And i'm a couple now. None of them came close to what the LBA had to offer. The creators, the commishes that came before me and the owners were the best!

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #15
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Oh man, I'd love to get my hands on those files, sans the commish pword though.

btw, I'm loving this reunion thread. Lots of familiar names making an appearance.

Last edited by treedom; 08-07-2009 at 03:19 PM.
treedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom View Post
sans the commish pword though
Wow, I didn't realize that there was a whole thread discussing this issue before I posted this bit. So yeah, this isn't a passive aggressive reference to the issues raised in that thread, heh.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
JAttractive
All Star Starter

Haha well if it's the thread I am thinking about it's all sorted out. It turns out their was some misunderstanding. The file I was looking to get a password to was a really old file (1907) and nothing that might step on Eric, John, or Brians' toes.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Mike1
Minors (Triple A)

I was never in this league, but I did follow it quite a bit. I'd like to see it get started back up. Its a great and unique concept.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Life happens. Glad to see you are doing fine.

I was lucky enough to get back into the league for a second run at the end. Definitely a league made by great commishes and very active and creative owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
i'm embarrassed to say that i was the last commish of the LBA. So it went down on my watch. A very belated "sorry" to everyone in the league.

And i miss the league, too. Heck, i still have Laseron stories that i wanted to write. i just don't have the time to commish anymore. i do have the last files floating around. (i never simmed any further.) i think i even converted to v8 just to see what it would look like. i'll dig around and see if i can find them. If someone has web space somewhere i can upload them. Just email me at brianlbarrett at gmail dot com with the info.

Eric was the owner in Alicia that helped out with some of the commish duties.

LBA was the best. i was in a few league before LBA. And a couple during. And i'm a couple now. None of them came close to what the LBA had to offer. The creators, the commishes that came before me and the owners were the best!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #20
Goody
Hall Of Famer

You all have inspired me. I've began working with OOTP stuff again. Maybe in 5-10 years I will have "league 2" finished and ready for online or solo play. No garauntees.