Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 10-22-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

What Special Features would you want in an Online League?

Edit: This post was edited to prevent a huge argument

Last edited by 1901HistoryLeague; 10-23-2002 at 12:21 AM.
1901HistoryLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Specs
All Star Starter

A commish that wouldn't quit... that'd be nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus Heinsohn
Specs, your avatar made my day... damn human emotion chip
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Please... save your remarks to yourself if they don't involve what the topic is. I don't go around bothering you, so stop the childish games with me.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:36 PM   #4
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

It is actually on-topic since that is a special feature.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleEye_0
It is actually on-topic since that is a special feature.

LOL, very true... but I know the true meaning of what he said.
(what happened was my fault.. but I'm sick of being reminded of my crazy summer)
Old 10-23-2002, 05:44 PM   #6
Batter UP
Minors (Double A)

Jaryd, what happened to 3 strikes and you're out?
Batter UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
Specs
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 1901HistoryLeague
LOL, very true... but I know the true meaning of what he said.
(what happened was my fault.. but I'm sick of being reminded of my crazy summer)
Didn't you try to start another league that went up in flames after your "crazy" summer?

Quote:
Old 10-23-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Yes you are correct... I "started" a fictional league where each team had 1 MLB player come on the team.. but only 8 owners applied so it never started. I know you think I'm a horrible commish specs, but I'm currently running a very good league that I like, and the owners like, so I put my past behind me.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:27 PM   #9
Batter UP
Minors (Double A)

Jaryd, that may have something to do with the fact you ignored some of the people who applied. I sent 3 emails, all of which went ignored to join the CBL. You may remember my last email which stated "The fact that you are ignoring my emails makes me wonder what kind of league this will be."
After that I did a little research and saw it was the 3rd league you had started that failed to get off the ground. Just be honest with those that may be giving time to join a league you start. It's not fair to those who are new to OOTP online leagues if you act like you are committed to the project and then bail on everyone when their hopes are up.
Batter UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 06:33 PM   #10
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

When did you send the email? This was a while ago, so it's hard to remember. I know I had 12 owners ready to go, and then a commissioner (forget what league he commished) said that he had to back out and 5 owners also dropped out because they wanted the Commish to be in the league. And then the post fell onto about the 3rd page, as I had thought people forgot all about it, and I informed everyone who joined that the league would not be on. You could very well be right, in the fact that you sent me 3 emails... but I always respond to emails sent to me, so I'm not sure when you sent them. It wasn't my primary email address, so I stopped checking it after the league dropped out of sight

Anyways... I'm sorry for all the troubles I caused in the past, and anybody who was offended by my quitting, but I'm really not in the mood to dig back 3 months into my life to recall something I'm not too proud of.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:37 PM   #11
Specs
All Star Starter

Matt Skutley, the model commish, joined your league. Brian Marshall, another model commish, warned Matt on you, and Matt decided to back out. Since his integrity was the only thing that kept your league afloat, several CDL members left.

UBO? TBTC? TFTA? CBL? These aren't isolated incidents. Several times this has happened. I'm betting KCB is next. 4 strikes buddy.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #12
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Think whatever you want.. your opinion doesn't matter to me. I wish the best for your league too by the way

(Don't you love how some people in OOTP have to be arrogant and cruel? They think that the # of posts they have allows them to bash whoever they want)
Old 10-23-2002, 07:59 PM   #13
Incubus3000
Banned

I think you mean whomever.

OK, that was childish but I thought it fit the mood well.

Last edited by Incubus3000; 10-23-2002 at 08:02 PM.
Incubus3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:09 PM   #14
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Didn't catch that little mistake

Specs- You were the only one who joined TFTA (bad idea for a league), and CBL never had enough owners to get going. I can't force a dead issue... so I never started the leagues. I don't get what the problem was with those 2 leagues, seeing as how they never started, and never took up anyones time (besides my own). Would you rather me force owners to join a league, and then quit it 1 month later because everyone hates it? TBTC was a computer problem gone bad, mixed in with emotional problems (not worth your time.. because I'm not good enough to tell you)

So I'll end this with one way.. you are right Mr. Specs. I am the World's Worst Commissioner, and if anyone wants a league ruined, call me up 1-800-RUIN-IT4U. I can get the league ruined within a month free of charge. All I ask is that you continue to bash me because you feel you are special

Last edited by 1901HistoryLeague; 10-23-2002 at 08:14 PM.
1901HistoryLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:11 PM   #15
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

What a crock. With the TBTC league, you told your owners you were having PC problems, but yet you were online EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during your PC problems. You didn't return any e-mails concerning the status of the league. I know, I know you don't remember. Well, I sent you upwards for a dozen e-mails wondering what was going on, all ignored. There we several posts on this board asking you what was going on, all ignored.

I don't say this to bad mouth you. I say it to warn people of what they might be getting themselves into.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:09 AM   #16
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by spleen1015
What a crock. With the TBTC league, you told your owners you were having PC problems, but yet you were online EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during your PC problems.

You are right.. I was online every night.. at work. I don't sim games from my work pc, because if I did I would probably get fired.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:12 AM   #17
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

It seems no one who was in the league believes me, so I'll just end it now. I'm sick of checking the OOTP message board, seeing someone bash me, and having to defend my name.

So in order to stop this insanity, I will from now on, only commish the current league I am happy in, and the owners are happy in, and I will never think of new ideas.. or ask someone if they want to start a new league. I'll give in and say "you are all right" just to please everyone who I had hurt before in my old league. It's a battle I can't win no matter what I say because I have no proof (since I don't know any of you personally), so I declare you all "the winners" of this fight that I never even wanted to start. It seems like everytime I post, I get attacked. It's not fair.. so there for I won't post anymore. Good Day
Old 10-24-2002, 12:39 PM   #18
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

What does the name "King City" refer to? I went to the league web page but the Owner and Rules links are blank.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:47 PM   #19
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Hey 1901... if you want special features, look in my sig, I'm planning to start such a league and make it work. However, I need some people
Old 10-24-2002, 03:44 PM   #20
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by LivnLegend
What does the name "King City" refer to? I went to the league web page but the Owner and Rules links are blank.

The league owner page and rules page aren't posted yet. We are in the initial draft (round 7) and the other 7 owners in the league know how it works, so there's no rush to post them. The name "King City" comes from the fact that 8 of the USA's bigger and more popular cities are in the league, and the winner of the league is "the king city" of them all. That's basically it